Beware snakes on the move in rainy season, warns official

webfact

Beware snakes on the move in rainy season, warns official

By The Phuket News

1560221689_1-org.jpg

Four hefty pythons were caught in just a handful of days. Photo: Natural and Wildlife Education Centre, Khao Phra Thaew Non-Hunting Area

PHUKET: Following heavy rain over the weekend, the Chief of the Natural and Wildlife Education Centre at the Khao Phra Thaew Non-Hunting Area in Thalang has warned residents to beware snakes on the move to reach dry areas – namely in and around houses.

Pongchart Chouehorm said that yesterday (June 10) four hefty pythons were delivered to his centre at the wildlife reserve. The pythons weighed 13.8kg, 15kg, 17.2kg and 19.6kg

All four had been caught in recent days, he added.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/beware-snakes-on-the-move-in-rainy-season-warns-official-71744.php#YlhJPY2FZCIDTGIP.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-06-11

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

Pongchart Chouehorm said that yesterday (June 10) four hefty pythons were delivered to his centre at the wildlife reserve.

And within a week or so, they'll be back and frighten the living $hit out of house owners...

i have been seen many snakes lately. One of them was a malayan pit viper who is the most dangerous venomous snake in Thailand. It was about 50 cm from my foot but before i see it but i was lucky it did not bite me. I am wondering why most thai people dont kill the dangerous snakes that comes around the houses?

1 minute ago, Trollmann said:

i have been seen many snakes lately. One of them was a malayan pit viper who is the most dangerous venomous snake in Thailand. It was about 50 cm from my foot but before i see it but i was lucky it did not bite me. I am wondering why most thai people dont kill the dangerous snakes that comes around the houses?

Actually, I think you will find that the krait is the most dangerous. But the pit viper's venom is also nasty. 

Archived