Uncontested Divorce, Child Custody free online papers?

Leslie1984

I am going getting divorced soon, we will go to the local Amphur and wife is willing to sign the papers and I will have full custody of our child, does anyone know where I can get basic English documents for her to sign for child custody rights to me. I will have them translated into thai as well. She wont contest anything and I don't want to pay the massive lawyer fees to speak and get them to do it for me.

Does anyone have any links to some basic divorce documents regarding custody of child online in English or thai or both?

At the Amphur office on the divorce paper.

There is a box for child custody and another box for division of assets.

Form is in Thai, no translation required, but you will need a Thai speaking friend as your witness at the Amphur, or they won't do the divorce.

Please note:

The female office staff are not foreigner friendly and will probably try to convince her to ask for a cash settlement.

Be aware that 'custody' is different from 'parental control'. I guess you want the latter, so ensure those two key words are in the document.

By all means get an English language translation - that will come in handy if and when you need to travel with your child, and airport immigration may ask questions re child traffiking etc.

Also note that in UK, your 100% parental control will mean jackschitt. UK will always allow an 'equitable arrangement' between parents and not recognise a situation where one party has, effectively given / sold parental control. Unless, in the case of abuse, etc.

In practice, this means nothing. Presumably, you could be in UK living your life with your child as a single parent. The ex-wife can't really interfere in your day-to-day decisions. However, if she did turn up and saw a lawyer about having an influenece on the child's life, you'd have to accept that, despite your '100% parental control' agreement from Thailand.

I have this, and all runs smoothly. But, bizarrely, because of the UK equitable rules, I actually have more 'power' in Thailand, than I would do in UK if my child's mum ever wanted to cause problems.

1 hour ago, cabanlit said:

Be aware that 'custody' is different from 'parental control'. I guess you want the latter, so ensure those two key words are in the document.

The divorce papers already have a box labelled in Thai "custody of children"

If you want to use English, or change the form or wording, you won't be able to use the Amphur office divorce, and will need to go to court.

Why are you even posting on this thread if you haven't used the Thai Amphur divorce?

OP is in Thailand, Uk law has no bearing or power here.

OP's wife has no access to the UK or UK law.

Anyway Op has disappeared after posting, probably just another troll.

Archived