Good Bye Formula 1

I got interested in F-1 in the early 90's and I don't think I've missed a race since 1995.  2019, however, has been THE most boring season ever and the venues seem mostly limited to processional tracks, further adding to the boredom.

but after the Canadian Grand Prix this weekend, I'm done with F-1.

anybody else?

Auto racing is outdated - With the environmental crises, it's wasteful and harms the environment.

Air pollution, noise pollution.

Nascar attendance and viewership has been declining - I don't know about the other series.

9 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

If you think F1 is boring, and it is, I just sat through the Indianapolis 500, God what a drag, round and round they go, where they go nobody knows. I will not be doing that again.  

I sat in the stands at the Daytona 500, it was great, perhaps not for the deaf though...

A big step in the wrong direction was getting rid of the gorgeous, nicely dressed "race gals". The American company that took over control of F1, bowed to the "me too" movement, and the feminists, who effectively control both America and nearly all American men, and they committed an atrocity in doing so. Weak kneed, and feckless. Totally PC move. American ugliness rearing its head. 

Vettel is beating himself up, just waiting for the race tomorrow when he calls over the radio "Tell Leclerc to let me past" and his race engineer replies "But there are 3 between you and him"...

Who would have believed it 12 months ago the Vettel would be out qualified by 2 McLarens, not won a race this season.

It in no longer about the Championship, it is more who will be the number 1 driver in the Ferrari team when F1 takes its summer break.  

I quit watching F1 about 5 years ago. Whomever wins pole position will win the race unless they fry the engine. It has to be the ABSOLUTE most boring form of racing on the planet. Buffalo racing is more exciting.

6 hours ago, Tagaa said:

I quit watching F1 about 5 years ago. Whomever wins pole position will win the race unless they fry the engine. It has to be the ABSOLUTE most boring form of racing on the planet. Buffalo racing is more exciting.

2018, only 10 out of the 21 races won by the pole sitter, 2019 only 2 of the 7 races so far won by the pole sitter.

But there again we all know how easily buffelows get sick.

Archived