BANGKOK 17 June 2019 07:33
webfact

Recycling coming to Pattaya: New bins expected in households after successful beach trial

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Typical really, they don't bother telling tourists which bin is which

That doesn't matter anyway, both bins will get emptied in the same truck on the same pile. Just like in China...

10 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I think the Yellow colour for recycle is pretty much a standard across the Globe.

But Hey !  Pattaya only just thought up this brilliant idea.

Nice made up story.

From a UK comapny that makes recycling bins:

Common colour coding is blue (paper), grey/black (tins and cans), red (plastics),yellow (textiles), green (glass) and lime green (food waste).

My general recycling bin is blue. My food waste bin is brown. General is green.

It will vary even in different areas of the same city.

Good idea, but it will never work. The locals put any trash including plastic out in the sois, waiting for it to rot or for someone to pick it up. 

Sad, but thats the reality.

So now instead of just black and clear plastic bags clogging the grates at the bottom o Soi Khao Noi after a decent downpour of rain we are going to have to negotiate around wheelie bins. Don't get me wrong the idea is great just not well thought out. Thais are too lazy to put rubbish in a bin just put in plastic bag leave on road for collection E.g as I sit here writing this I'm looking out across Soi in my village at neighbours rubbish piled up against brick wall with upturned bin on top of said wall, neighbour is English man who works away with Thai wife and 2 Thai daughters mid teens how can you educate them?????????   

Had them round our area for a while now...totally unused..

anything worth recycling gets  picked up/out by "the scavengers"  human,animal and insect.

P_20190309_135515.thumb.jpg.cc7c2962f1c1a01e8b14781f258e8a99.jpg

I only ever see bins outside 7-11 stores.  Every where else piles of illegally dumped garbage.  Damned tourists.

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I only ever see bins outside 7-11 stores.  Every where else piles of illegally dumped garbage.  Damned tourists.

Very true regarding the bins outside 7 Eleven. I wonder where their rubbish goes?