BANGKOK 17 June 2019 07:33
webfact

Fired worker went on Bt6m spending spree with company credit card

6 mil in 1 year, not a bad lifestyle

Shame her next residence wont be so flash 

• Like 2

As usual an ID check would have prevented the use of the card, but nobody cares as usual. The shops and the person handling the payments with the cards should also be prosecuted for not making nessecary ID checks.

The boss of the company is just another one in the line of smart people on top of their and the companies economy. 1 year! Unfathomable!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

As usual an ID check would have prevented the use of the card, but nobody cares as usual. The shops and the person handling the payments with the cards should also be prosecuted for not making nessecary ID checks.

The boss of the company is just another one in the line of smart people on top of their and the companies economy. 1 year! Unfathomable!

While agreeing about shops should be making ID checks, it pretty pointless as if they did there wouldn't have been any sales made - and that's all the shop is interested in.

Edited by bluesofa
grammar
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Such a shame she didn't think of stashing the ill gotten gains slightly better, would have made her eventual homecoming soooo much better...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Square head 

• Confused 1

Someone misused my credit card last month. Only 350 Baht, but I immediately cancelled the card and reported to my bank.

How can anyone lose so much money without knowing? 

So, the accountant saw CC charges for personal items, many of which one would assume were female oriented, and just continued to pay the bills without question, even though it's a company card owned by a man? I guess the accountant just assumed the boss was embezzling from the company and kept quiet about it.  

4 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

The boss did not notice one of his cards was missing?

Surely someone checked where the money was spent and noticed a change in spending patterns? Maybe she was spending less than the boss normally spends and the accountants thought this was a good thing.

Just what kind of company was this?  I personally doubt they did not know the money was being spent.  Maybe this little lady had a relationship with her boss and he thought he could just ignore it, let her get some money, he gets ..... well, use your imagination what he gets from her.  And then, if things go south he can claim the card was stolen, and it doesn't cost him a satang.