Employee in wife's company

4 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

My recollection is that the VAT registration certificate was one of documents required for application for a WP. Normally a company only needs to register for VAT, turnover is B180,000 a month or more but to get a WP it needs to register and complete monthly VAT returns anyway.

Thanks for clearing that.

That has changed since "my company" – I'm a 49% shareholder only – about a decade ago, had a WP for an foreigner (not me), where there were no demand for v.a.t. registration; but that was however also before there should be four Thai employees for a foreigner's WP...????

5 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

If you are in the SS scheme, you are entitled to healthcare at a private hospital that is part of the SS scheme, not a government hospital.

Thanks for your update; however, my girlfriend is the the SS healthcare system, and she is assigned to the local government hospital, and not any of the four private hospitals in same coverage area. I don't know if she could change, she probably never checked that.

On 6/12/2019 at 3:16 PM, bamboozled said:

Elcaro, what was the company that you signed on to? The costs to add you are certainly very reasonable and sounds like it was a breeze (at least from your end). The part that gives me pause is what the company is already paying to be set up...accountants, taxes, etc...etc...

My wife opened a company not related to my field but she does have a website. If you send me a pm I can discuss her company there.

It was a breeze thanks to our great accountant. Again I can give you contact details of accountant through pm and maybe she can refer your wife to a good accountant in chiang mai.

I do believe things were easier due to the already existing company and this was partly why I waited till after the tax year was up.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:31 PM, Chrisdoc said:

I think you can't own the company. You can get a work permit because it could not be your company. You can only own 49%. There is another very informative thread on this running at the moment. Someone has even put a cash breakdown for the expenses for his work permit.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Americans can own up to and including 100% of a business if they register under the Thai-American Treaty of Amity. Still cant own the land, but can own the business. 

15 hours ago, featography said:

Americans can own up to and including 100% of a business if they register under the Thai-American Treaty of Amity. Still cant own the land, but can own the business. 

I was told by someone somewhere that this is for quite a large investment. I mean, a BIG company. It's not something that that I can take advantage of due to the size of the business we are likely to have, as far as I know.

• 2 months later...

Archived