How gender polarized is the Thai workplace?

Hal65

I called 4 customer service centers in Thailand (all banks). I connected to 6 people total and each was a woman. I'd guess on the younger side mostly.

Does Thailand look like the US in the 1960s for workplace gender roles? Including in the elite professions (law, engineering, medicine)?

25 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

Does Thailand look like the US in the 1960s

i will never forget my first trip to Thailand. every working woman looked like a beautiful USA airline stewardess from the 60's. that was 7 years ago.

still amazed at the beauties everywhere you go. AIS, post office, hospital and the young woman who does my laundry is so beautiful. have to take a tranquilizer at Asok Station and Terminal 21. And office workers pouring out at 5pm. 

18 hours ago, Hal65 said:

I called 4 customer service centers in Thailand (all banks). I connected to 6 people total and each was a woman. I'd guess on the younger side mostly.

For some jobs females are just better qualified. Females are in average less aggressive than males and they are better in multitasking. For other jobs, like security guards, males are better - except some girls in the ticket booth.

I think it's a stupid idea to think men and women all have the same talents. They are different. Why is that so difficult to admit for some feminists?

hooters-bangkok-soi15-girls-doing-wai.jpg.8d3bd798266e0e9e04ce3935316d219c.jpg

Go to a university, around 20% of students are male. I worked with PWA, 1 senior manager among about 20 was male. I went to a Bangkok skin clinic recently, 20% of doctors were male, and a male receptionist. Similar at the local private hospital, I see women dentists and doctors.

Aus uni scholarships, again about 20% male.

Saw photos of honour students outside a school, 12 female, one male.

With Chinese ancestry, the proportion is different. My Thai partner, in her 40s, saw a 100% Thai male doctor recently. She said it was the first time, all others have Chinese background.

This fascinates me because I have a statistics background, and because it is so different from Australia.

In thailand all is like every where thw same. All about the money and you see mostly..... young people. They are less expensive....

The older people ..... are replaced by the yong onces.

That will end soon due the lack of new borns in Thailand. Then you will see all ageing and then the youg onces are expensive...  not because they have knowledge of expercience just because of the looks.

No segregation. The Thai men are busy asleep at home or drunk or shagging, or doing all simultaneously, while their wives or girlfriends, or both, work to earn a paycheck so their wonderful men can have their allowance on time and in full. It's a well-oiled system that gives every Thai a great sense of national pride.

I forgive the OP, he must have just arrived in country. 

Archived