Jump to content
BANGKOK 26 June 2019 01:11
kiwinz

Savannakhet, a visa to die for ?

Recommended Posts

On 6/11/2019 at 3:13 PM, Will27 said:

Seems you really need to avoid Mondays and Thursdays due to the visa run companies.

 

I lodged my application the day before and it was quiet.

I did see the huge queue for lodging the next day when I arrived to pick mine up.

 

As for the queue jumpers, I agree.

 

I arrived to pick up my visa at 1220 and there were half a dozens bags

left at the front. I moved in front of the bags. IMO, that's the advantage

you get for queuing up an hour and a half early.

 

Dropping a bag off 2 hours early and then buggering off and expecting

to come back and go the head of the queue is a bit untidy I think.

 

Just as an aside, would it really hurt for the embassy to put a couple of fans up and maybe some bench seats! After queuing for over 90 minutes I was sweating like a rapist.

 

Definitely think appointments will be compulsory if the volume keeps up.

Agree. It's like the <deleted> putting their towels on the sun loungers at 7am and pitching up at 1pm.

But that's uneducated arrogance for you.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was informed the other day this so called appointment system at Vientiane is a bit of a joke. He applied and was given an appointment got there in good time only to find so many others had the same appointment time. Correct or not?

Edited by fourpack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BigT73 said:

you're lucky mate!  Enjoy the next 24hrs, if your staying at Avalon you can stay in their aircon lobby and use their internet till checkin.  They let us checkin 2hrs early.

The place next door to Avalon allows 12 o'clock check in. It is a bummer waiting several hours to get into a room.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fourpack said:

I was informed the other day this so called appointment system at Vientiane is a bit of a joke. He applied and was given an appointment got there in good time only to find so many others had the same appointment time. Correct or not?

You make a appointment for a day not by the hour other than 9 to 12 am. You get a queue number (by email) when you do the application and they call them by groups for submitting your application.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey I was there Monday 10/06/19, read the horror stories about Mondays but had no option. Arrived the day before and got there at 6am, lucky the guy next to me was nice and time flied by. As you said, the buses soon turned up around 7am.

239748.jpg

Edited by SkyNets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fourpack said:

I was informed the other day this so called appointment system at Vientiane is a bit of a joke. He applied and was given an appointment got there in good time only to find so many others had the same appointment time. Correct or not?

I think they give about 50 people each appointment time. That should mean a wait of maximum about 30 minutes if you arrive at the consulate at the designated time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I think they give about 50 people each appointment time. That should mean a wait of maximum about 30 minutes if you arrive at the consulate at the designated time.

The designated time for the appointment is 9 to 12 on a particular day. Showing the appointment email allows you to enter the compound on the date the appointment is for. Then they call the queue numbers by groups of 50 or so.

If you are not there when you number is called it will not be a problem as long as you get there before noon.

If you register on the site and log in this is what you see (FYI that is first slot available as of now for a tourist visa application).

 

image.png.e890f5e702c6f5ab2da7a46b9fce7051.png


If you click on the button you have just made an appointment for that day (been there and done that by accident that I later canceled).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The designated time for the appointment is 9 to 12 on a particular day. Showing the appointment email allows you to enter the compound on the date the appointment is for. Then they call the queue numbers by groups of 50 or so.

If you are not there when you number is called it will not be a problem as long as you get there before noon.

If you register on the site and log in this is what you see (FYI that is first slot available as of now for a tourist visa application).

 

image.png.e890f5e702c6f5ab2da7a46b9fce7051.png


If you click on the button you have just made an appointment for that day (been there and done that by accident that I later canceled).

Thanks for the clarification. My recollection on the way it worked when first implemented was that the time given on the confirmation email depended on your queue number. I know there have been several iterations since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...