Any changes Education Visa & Chinese?

Maybe a miscommunication but told today that Chinese who rent from Chinese "owners" cannot get an education visa as the lessor has to be Thai on the application? I guess that would apply to renting from anyone who is not Thai?

Anyway, does that make sense to anyone who is aware of any changes?

Thanks

There has been no official announcement along those lines.

If they are applying for permit to stay based on attending a language school or similar (not formal education), I could see why immigration might say no as it could be assumed the applicant is only applying as a means to stay with family/friends.

Thanks.

The information was from two Chinese ladies with young kids in formal education in ChiangMai. I had also not heard/seen anything related for Chinese or otherwise so just trying to see if there is anything out there as they were convinced but could not as yet provide any reference.

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Thanks.

The information was from two Chinese ladies with young kids in formal education in ChiangMai. I had also not heard/seen anything related for Chinese or otherwise so just trying to see if there is anything out there as they were convinced but could not as yet provide any reference.

Then that is very odd.

I didn't have to show anyone my rental lease until the first extension, at that point I already had the ed visa for 3 months. Wasn't needed for the initial application. On the extension date they also wanted to see the landlord's Thai ID card along with the lease, so yeah maybe they don't allow it if it's a Chinese lessor

I'd type up a fake a contract and have a Thai friend sign it and photocopy their ID card, that'd probably work, how would immigration ever know

Edited by jspill

11 hours ago, jspill said:

I didn't have to show anyone my rental lease until the first extension, at that point I already had the ed visa for 3 months. Wasn't needed for the initial application. On the extension date they also wanted to see the landlord's Thai ID card along with the lease, so yeah maybe they don't allow it if it's a Chinese lessor

I'd type up a fake a contract and have a Thai friend sign it and photocopy their ID card, that'd probably work, how would immigration ever know

Thanks

Makes more sense if it's a non Thai not just Chinese, I guess if there is any "rule" that may be it.