Video: Farang thief at the checkout got 2,000 baht, Thai shopper tells Thaivisa

webfact

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

What are you talking about?  It's all over the news.  Is he going the sue the news outlets? 

well... 'someone' was at the genesis of sending it to social media, instead of the Poilce

- and that 'someone' will be his target

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tifino said:

also looking again and again at the vid...

so what can one surmise?

- she's seemingly only got the one boyfriend, as she would have known hers'n'his face would socialmedia it worldwide

- if the alleged value of dropped note, was as per her decription, the dude would have known it was enough, to use straightaway; destroying the evidence on his person

- maybe he is already watching himself on TV???

and then... looking yet again:

- her stance/boylanguage sort of shows she seems to know that something is/was? on the floor? she thought she also later saw money, but then she didn't

and lastly...   why did she only Report it to TV? and not to the Police?

is this the TV forum version of Poe's Law?

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Could easily have been 2x crisp 1000 baht notes folded.... Fresh from the machine the notes sometimes stick together

Not in my experience - as far as I can tell, the machines separate the notes (same way the banknote-counting machines do) so as to avoid giving you the wrong amount if two are stuck together. You can hear the sound of it doing this. Also, looking at the way the note fluttered and swooped on its way to the ground, I'd be highly surprised if that was two notes. 

12 minutes ago, JimmyTheMook said:

A. Fatty spent the 2K on a Short Time with a Slapper from Walking Street

B. Fatty went straight for the Lek Hotel buffet and bunch of bottles of Chang

C. ?

C. Went for "Sunday roast"

will if she says it was 2,000B notes and he says it was only a single 20B I know who I would believe, and it is not the lowdown sneak thief.

It was blatant theft, you can see him see the notes drop, you can see him desperately waiting for her to move on, the way put his foot on the notes, then look down to make sure his foot is covering the notes.

I hope he see this and knows what everybody thinks of him, wonder if he will go down to Soi 9 and hand himself in or just wait for the knock???

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

I can't wait to find out what nationality the guy is, by eck the character assassination of a whole country is gonna be fun to watch ???? I hope to Christ he's not British :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Should know by tomorrow, I am sure they will not take long to find him, finger pointing down at the cop shop.

I do not care what nationality he is but he is sure going to need more than 2,000B for a ticket home.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

and lastly... she didn't report it, it was initially reported on a Thai news / media page who then tracked the Thai victim of the theft down - but don't let that get in the way of a much more interesting conspiracy !!!

So Friendship supermarket is now in the business of supplying it's security videos directly to News Networks and Facebook? Nice.

4 hours ago, JamJar said:

I see others are saying that it was just twenty baht. So either she is lying too or the reporter has added something to the story for effect.

might as well go whole hog, to avoid arrest he may be prepared to to return the "2,000 Baht"

2 hours ago, tifino said:

well... 'someone' was at the genesis of sending it to social media, instead of the Poilce

- and that 'someone' will be his target

Your posts on this subject are all absurd. 

I suggest a tinnie and some relaxation.

Rooster

48 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So Friendship supermarket is now in the business of supplying it's security videos directly to News Networks and Facebook? Nice.

Absolutely common to release video footage without hesitation.

And cameras are virtually everywhere (shops and businesses of all kind).

One should always keep in mind when moving in public.

So different from the west.

In Germany it can take weeks to months(!) until video footage is released by court for serious crime! And then people are asked to give witness about the event. So useless :wacko:

There was a case of a child rapist/murderer who was identified by video footage from a private video-cam on a balcony at street level. The owner was prosecuted for having that. Don't know what the outcome was. Hopefully a symbolic verdict.

4 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

So she have a 2000 baht note because I only see one note 

but stupid old man 

You only saw what looked like one note on a very poor quality grainy video... 

It could easily have been two notes stuck together.

Have you never had two notes stuck together? especially when fresh out of the ATM... 

Whenever I find a note or a coin on the floor, I pass it on to whoever looks like the most deserving person I find, as I have no idea as to whom it belonged. So at least the first person's loss helps someone in need.

But this person knew exactly from whence it came and for reasons only known to himself, decided to not tell that they had dropped the note(and it was only one note). If he was somewhat undernourished, there would be some feeling of pity for him and perhaps a few would make some donation to improve his lot.

But...

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You only saw what looked like one note on a very poor quality grainy video... 

It could easily have been two notes stuck together.

Have you never had two notes stuck together? especially when fresh out of the ATM... 

Let me modify my comment. It really looks like a single note. But of course it could be two.

Either way, he should pay back double what he took. Because it was really just theft.

7 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Stop with this nonsense. It was one note. No doubt. 

I am not so certain... looks like it but I would not say for certain.

I know Thailand is not using plastic notes yet, but the UK ones do stick together.

I feel really sorry for the guy because he is innocent!

Look at the video ON A BIG SCREEN from the 10 second mark. He drops a note, which blows forward to where the woman was standing. Rather than chase after it, he waited for the woman to move away, then put his foot on it, and later picked it up.

17 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I feel really sorry for the guy because he is innocent!

Look at the video ON A BIG SCREEN from the 10 second mark. He drops a note, which blows forward to where the woman was standing. Rather than chase after it, he waited for the woman to move away, then put his foot on it, and later picked it up.

Really....stop it.

Let's just imagine that your scenario were true...

He saw the note drop. He did nothing and said nothing. Then he stood on it and waited for the woman to move away. Then he played around with his trousers as if he was going into his back pocket, but then stooped down and put the money in his side pocket. Why would he do that? Why wouldn't he just pay with it if it was originally in his hand ready to pay for his shopping. After he picked it up and put it in his pocket, he looked to see if the woman had seen him. Then he went into his back pocket to take out money to pay for his shopping.

8 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Really....stop it.

Let's just imagine that your scenario were true...

He saw the note drop. He did nothing and said nothing. Then he stood on it and waited for the woman to move away. Then he played around with his trousers as if he was going into his back pocket, but then stooped down and put the money in his side pocket. Why would he do that? Why wouldn't he just pay with it if it was originally in his hand ready to pay for his shopping. After he picked it up and put it in his pocket, he looked to see if the woman had seen him. Then he went into his back pocket to take out money to pay for his shopping.

You obviously haven't viewed the video carefully.

Archived