Video: Farang thief at the checkout got 2,000 baht, Thai shopper tells Thaivisa

webfact

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bazle said:

You obviously haven't viewed the video carefully.

I did, frame by frame. Also blows away your assertion that it happened around the ten second mark.

5.jpg.c4da5e93876eb8ab5b6d5bd664a870d7.jpg

I've circled the moment when it dropped from between her arms....at fifteen seconds.

Are you an acquaintance of his....or the man himself?

10 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

A. Fatty spent the 2K on a Short Time with a Slapper from Walking Street

B. Fatty went straight for the Lek Hotel buffet and bunch of bottles of Chang

C. ?

C. Fatty keep the money in the wallet, he can live for another 2 weeks.

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Have you never had two notes stuck together? especially when fresh out of the ATM... 

Nope, they have all just been counted and separated. They might get stuck together in my wallet a bit, under pressure from my big back end, but a little rub between thumb and fingers and they are easily separated. 

My inclination, she made an error or is deliberately trying to get more out of it, hardly unusual around here. She knows the fat old guy's word will carry little value now. 

9 hours ago, Basil B said:

I know Thailand is not using plastic notes yet, but the UK ones do stick together.

Which of course is completely irrelevant. This happened in Friendship, Thailand does not have any plastic notes now. 

You say 'yet', actually Thailand had plastic notes before the UK and took them out of circulation. 

15 hours ago, HeyHeyHey said:

799,000 to go

.... no way it was 2,000 as it was a single bill flying, she is trying to make 100% profit

yes, it magically doubled overnight.  i wonder if she will be vilified by thais as the fat farang is being vilified?

This is such a strange question; "if having a foreign boyfriend meant that she normally trusted farangs"

Frankly this borders on something I'd rather not think about too much. Though, the taboo that ethnocentric thinking gives rise to, has been around a long time.  Make America Great Again is nothing slight of racial promotion.  "Asia for Asia" slogans in the 1930's was another attempt to rally people against others.  This old man, whom we don't know his story, was foolish, but bringing in the words "trust" and "farangs" into focus could and just maybe be a narrative, we best avoid.  Or, I'm just a fool too. 

With over 10.000 views on 2 topics here on TV + other medias on top, I will think it's only a matter of time before somebody recognize this stealing dude. Think he will be found soon unless he already left Pattaya or turn himself in which would be the best for him to do. 

Making yourself a criminal for 2000 baht! It's just not worth it and then comes the moral aspects on top. Not a guy I would befriend but there seems to be many low life expats in Pattaya so pick your friends careful here.

27 minutes ago, alfalfa19 said:

yes, it magically doubled overnight.  i wonder if she will be vilified by thais as the fat farang is being vilified?

She perhaps dropped another 1000 in Tukcom just before or after this incident!

I agree it's unlikely that it was 2000 but it is not impossible....

So how much will this cost him?

Well the Police are going to need their cut which will be at least 2-4 thousand baht...

And the lady will need to be paid 100% interest on her pain and suffering

So my guess this will cost him between 6-8 thousand baht....

I learned a long time ago that 1000b received or given is not going to change my life. However, taking 1000b this way is going to make a big change in his life. So he loses a lot over 1000b. Also...just a side comment...she should also lose if it was only 1000b not 2000b. if it was only 1000b maybe she deserves to lose it.

16 hours ago, JamJar said:

I see just 1 x 1000 baht. Where is the second note? 

He doesn't look as if he has ever been short of a meal. So what a low thing to do. He saw her drop it from the very beginning. 

RE - He doesn't look as if he has ever been short of a meal.

A costly belly that need continious refill inclusive insulin treatment and a significant quantity of toilet paper may be the reason … :thumbsup: 

16 hours ago, HeyHeyHey said:

799,000 to go

.... no way it was 2,000 as it was a single bill flying, she is trying to make 100% profit

Agree 100% or should or should I make it 200% for good measure. All she has done is put her own integrity under scrutiny. 

He doesn't look as if he has ever been short of a meal. So what a low thing to do. He saw her drop it from the very beginning. 

I guess you have never seen inside a Thai lady's handbag/purse, more often than not they have 1000 baht notes folded up together stashed in a separate compartment....entirely plausible!

It's whatever she says - who would believe the thief?

His meals cost twice what mine do.

What a stupid move, I reckon he is under the covers hiding his fat head from the world not knowing what to do! Faced with deportation and blacklisted. He may own a condo, have a  wife kids, God knows what his situation is but he is well and truly fuxked now. For all the people who are throwing stones, I would certainly not do anything like this, but I do feel their are more opportunists who would take advantage same as he did.  I must share a story. This happened to me in Monte Carlo a few years back. At the bar in the Hotel du Paris Sugar Ray Leonard stood on a 20 euro note that I had dropped. I called him out on it and he got nasty. Not wanting a broken jaw I walked away. There are scum bags everywhere in every position shape and color! Karma will one day bite them in the ass!

16 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

His actions in no way impact on me!  I have done nothing wrong. I wouldn't blame every Thai resident in the U.K. if the situation was reversed, so why should they?

A selfish or a bad-hearted person is just that, regardless of their country of origin.

Any Thai or foreigner who views it that way is as stupid as the moron who took the money!

Yet with no irony you put this:

'"The other 1,000 baht is the interest she now wants on the money now that the thief has been identified.

Thai style!"

1 minute ago, GreenerGrass said:

Faced with deportation and blacklisted

You are kidding right? There are murderers wandering around Thailand freely so I doubt this guy will be so severely treated. (Look up Reece Vella, to be deported after 18 months). We will have a photo shoot of the guy presenting flowers and a deep Wai soon, and a few smug policemen stood around itching to spend their money at the Karaoke. 

7 hours ago, Bazle said:

I feel really sorry for the guy because he is innocent!

Look at the video ON A BIG SCREEN from the 10 second mark. He drops a note, which blows forward to where the woman was standing. Rather than chase after it, he waited for the woman to move away, then put his foot on it, and later picked it up.

I watched the video several times, it is clear that it did not fall from his hand which was holding his shopping bag. It is also clear that it fell from her hands when she made the payment to the cashier.

13 hours ago, Basil B said:

will if she says it was 2,000B notes and he says it was only a single 20B I know who I would believe, and it is not the lowdown sneak thief.

It was blatant theft, you can see him see the notes drop, you can see him desperately waiting for her to move on, the way put his foot on the notes, then look down to make sure his foot is covering the notes.

I hope he see this and knows what everybody thinks of him, wonder if he will go down to Soi 9 and hand himself in or just wait for the knock???

Starting at 54 seconds on the video seems to show that she realizes something is amiss about her money. She looks to the floor to see if she dropped something but probably feels rushed and intimidated by him almost nudging her out. She looked in the right place but fatty had sufficiently covered the note with his foot and she was too demure to make a fuss or accusation.

I hope he is enjoying his toilet paper today, the big turd !

This gal shows class.

The ex-pat should leave the country immediately as under the lèse majesté law it is an offence to step on a banknote bearing the image of the King. His action in stepping on the banknotes has gone viral in Thailand. Other foreigners have been arrested and jailed merely for stepping on Thai banknotes that they themselves have dropped. The offence can carry a minimum sentence of 3 years and/or a fine. One foreigner was fined B500,000 for a similar action of lèse majesté.

Some poor old Farang living on his pension probably broke as it won’t go far now in Thailand sad that he has to steal from a woman. He saw her drop it and could not wait until she moved on so he could get his big  fat foot over it. Looks like he has been captured tho named and shamed for 1000 baht can’t wait to see the photo of her pointing at him in the Police Station.Probably went straight to McDonalds for a Big Mac to celebrate his find.

17 hours ago, JamJar said:

Yes, he saw the whole thing and could have said something but chose to move in on the money. Hope he's found.

Archived