Video: Farang thief at the checkout got 2,000 baht, Thai shopper tells Thaivisa

webfact

12 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

But he saw when she lost it. It's the same if you take money from a floor, ar a bag, knowing that it belongs to somebody else you've just seen in front of you. And that is theft. 

"Finding money not same as finding a bag". Even if you saw where it came from? Lol.

I agree if you're walking along and find money or valuables or bag on the ground in some random area where it would be impossible to determine the owner, okay, you have a point. But, if you know who's it is and you take it, you're a thief.

A while back was driving and there was 5x100B blown out along the highway. I collected it up and sat waiting there about 20 minutes for someone to come back but no one did, okay at that point I took it. 

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, JamJar said:

I did, frame by frame. Also blows away your assertion that it happened around the ten second mark.

5.jpg.c4da5e93876eb8ab5b6d5bd664a870d7.jpg

I've circled the moment when it dropped from between her arms....at fifteen seconds.

Are you an acquaintance of his....or the man himself?

yes, it is HER who drops the money bill.

However, as there is no 2000 THB bill in Thailand, and seeing that the bill she is dropping is slightly greenish, it must be a 20 THB bill. Also when it is on the floor in the video one can clearly see it is of greenish colour . . . . NEVER a non-existing 2000 THB bill and also never a brown 1000 THB bill.

She is making up an elephant from a mouse

1 minute ago, crazygreg44 said:

yes, it is HER who drops the money bill.

However, as there is no 2000 THB bill in Thailand, and seeing that the bill she is dropping is slightly greenish, it must be a 20 THB bill. Also when it is on the floor in the video one can clearly see it is of greenish colour . . . . NEVER a non-existing 2000 THB bill and also never a brown 1000 THB bill.

She is making up an elephant from a mouse

Whether it was a 20 baht note, or a 1000 baht note or 2, why are you having a go at her?

The farang in the photo did something disgusting by stepping on it, keeping it, please divert your attention to the wrongdoer, not the victim.

36 minutes ago, happysanook said:

Starting to wonder if any of these people calling her a lier have ever had more than a single 1000 baht note is their wallets before.

Yes, never any less, since you ask. 

20 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Whether it was a 20 baht note, or a 1000 baht note or 2, why are you having a go at her?

The farang in the photo did something disgusting by stepping on it, keeping it, please divert your attention to the wrongdoer, not the victim.

i am in no way defending the foreigner. The behaviour of this low thief is disgusting.

However I am blaming the typical absentness  by a Thai woman. Either she doesn't know it any better (then she must be stupid, everybody knows there is no 2000 THB bill) or she is knowingly lying (maybe she hopes for a good compensation?) or something got lost in translation by the newsreel (adding two zeroes to a 20 THB bill ?) 

Anyone who is not colour blind can see in the CCTV that the bill is greenish, indicating it is a 20 THB bill.  There are people who say that two 1000 THB bills could be sticking together because they could be fresh from an ATM machine. I am often withdrawing 30,000 in 1000 THB bills from ATM's and I have never experienced any bills sticking together

2 hours ago, TMNH said:

Let's try to put this in another perspective. here we have an old farang. Obviously- he failed to learn that thieving was wrong. I could expand and say that he is what we call in the US "white trash". It is how you are brought up. "if" your tree- your parents acted this way, then no surprise. I could offer comments based upon the video- like many have done so. All I need to see is the culprit at hand...to see his obvious "grifting' tactics (and hey old man...you'll be dead soon- you've learned nothing before you bite the dust). Sad that this older person has not learned decency by now. And so.......if this person depicted in the video chimes in- for whatever  reason, please know that I feel sorry for you. And sadly, many people just do not get it. they have no clue how their selfish actions affect others. In this case, you "stole" from another.

I assure you that I will NEVER in my latter years nor will I ever do so.....resort to the theft (yes- theft) that this over-the -hill farang (please let me know which country he is from). He is on his way out anyway...perhaps God will make sure that is hastened. There is no excuse for this affront to ANYONE...if I could be there physically and speak to this "marginal" person, then most likely I would advise to go home- wherever that may be. You are NOT welcome anywhere based upon the video. Anyone who knows of the ethnicity of this scum bag, please let me know. He will be forever highlighted, black-listed, and hopefully self-assessed. Either stay or get the <deleted> out of there. And if you stay and you ever "think" about doing a similar thing, then you will be cast away in one form or another. Not a big deal...people like you need to be called out AND driven away.

Must admit you do seem slightly Guilty!

2 minutes ago, justin case said:

is that a thief?  he picked up what anyone else would do next... cashier is they were lucky... he did not take it out of her wallet, did he ?

If we ever have a pint together remind me to pick my loose change up when I go to the toilet.

10 minutes ago, justin case said:

is that a thief?  he picked up what anyone else would do next... cashier is they were lucky... he did not take it out of her wallet, did he ?

Nope, i would have tapped her on the shoulder and say excuse me but you dropped your money, because he knew exactly where it came from, so yes thief. But if that is what you would do.....then you would be a thief too!

A story on TVF not too long ago about the mobile phone on the ground and some non thai person picked it up and didn't attempt to report until the next day. 

I recall he got done.

This chap sees her drop the note(s) and does not attempt to make her aware of it. 

Then proceeds to pick it up. 

Regardless of anything else, its the wrong thing to do. 

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:08 PM, JamJar said:

I see just 1 x 1000 baht. Where is the second note? 

He doesn't look as if he has ever been short of a meal. So what a low thing to do. He saw her drop it from the very beginning. 

Yes, unless there is a 2k baht note we do not know of.

I would say the perp has had experience in survival, the way he put his foot over the note , he spotted it early and was getting ready and a bit anxious to pick it up.

He put his foot over it while she left and got the drop on her.

Not often a falang gets an advantage over a local.

Not to say I condone this, I would have picked it up and given it back to her.

maybe the falang thought it was the wind of chance that blew this note from the wind to his receiving foot of fortune.

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You are kidding right? There are murderers wandering around Thailand freely so I doubt this guy will be so severely treated. (Look up Reece Vella, to be deported after 18 months). We will have a photo shoot of the guy presenting flowers and a deep Wai soon, and a few smug policemen stood around itching to spend their money at the Karaoke. 

Yeah i know of people who have done some serious stuff and are the bar with the egurls while i write this

however it all depends on his worth! Is it worth more to someone, to see the back of him? now is the time! Also some people have the smarts to settle things with the envelope others are just plain stupid and run off the mouth. Nothing is as it seems in this country, there is no rule of law, deporting him is a real possibility!  

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You only saw what looked like one note on a very poor quality grainy video... 

It could easily have been two notes stuck together.

Have you never had two notes stuck together? especially when fresh out of the ATM... 

From an atm.... no never, ever. Never in Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Myanmar or the USA. Never

What he did was totally wrong, he saw the money drop from her purse.. he should have told her & gone home feeling good about himself... now he's a marked man for the wrong reasons..

however I wonder if a Thai would have done the same?

Just throwing it out there.

On 6/11/2019 at 4:16 AM, HeyHeyHey said:

799,000 to go

.... no way it was 2,000 as it was a single bill flying, she is trying to make 100% profit

It does look like a 20b note oh well its so easy to just add two more 00’s for 1000% profit. 

12 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

What he did was totally wrong, he saw the money drop from her purse.. he should have told her & gone home feeling good about himself... now he's a marked man for the wrong reasons..

Oh I , see  Is that the way of  your thinking ? Majority of people don’t . 

55 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Never in such a primitive way. Some of them at least give you a quick hug when the steal your money. Some of them say you gave them only 500 instead of 1000 Baht when they give you the change and so on. 

Just a few months ago I was passing through Muang Suang, Roi-Et, and withdrew THB5,000 from the ATM outside 7 1,1 where I purchased about THB98 worth of 'goodies' stepped outside and as I was opening the door of my car a young Thai Boy, 20ish tapped me on the shoulder and handed me the almost THB5,000 I had somehow accidentally dropped on the ground. I tried to reward him, and he wouldn't take it, so the story is "What a Wonderful World" there is in that Village. 

On 6/11/2019 at 3:08 PM, JamJar said:

I see just 1 x 1000 baht. Where is the second note? 

First, I thought like you ; but I just did the experience, dropping two folded banknotes of 1000 bahts, and they fell down in a single block, not separating, so maybe she is right 

Archived