BANGKOK 17 June 2019 08:33
snoop1130

Rawai Mayor puts road safety in spotlight: Only 18% of Phuket motorcyclists wear helmets

2 hours ago, Vacuum said:

They could show some nasty pictures from accidents where people didn't use helmets.

Every time there is a fatal mocy accident, they should show pictures of the morons that run the show, they are the ones who should be in the spotlight.

• Like 1

As Logic and commonsense are in short supply here, why bother to protect something that is deficient in any event . A logical solution to the problem. 

I have lost count the times I see riders not wear helmets, and police just standing by doing nothing. The law in Thailand is a convenient one, only when it suits the Police or when they are ordered by some big wig, will they enforce the law.

How many lives are lost every year, which are totally preventable ?

Phuket people do seem to care less about their safety than their wallets. If it is 18% a good portion of those are sitting on the back. Also amazed at how many wear helmets when taking their kids about but no helmet for the kids.

1 hour ago, the guest said:

I have lost count the times I see riders not wear helmets, and police just standing by doing nothing. The law in Thailand is a convenient one, only when it suits the Police or when they are ordered by some big wig, will they enforce the law.

How many lives are lost every year, which are totally preventable ?

Thai police do not multitask. They are given their duty and that is exactly what they do. At schools and markets police control traffic but you could have a family of six on a bike with no helmet, probably not a licence between them and nothing will be done.

I'm pretty sure you could commit an armed robbery in front of a cop on traffic control duty and get away with it!

• Like 1

Start  Confiscating bikes suctioning bikes and money to be used to buy helmets... until they get it thru their thick skulls

The problem is They have a law that you must wear a helmet but the cops are too lazy to enforce it Just carry on guys nothing will change because you know I know the cops are to dam lazy to enforce this law and any other law just a big joke for a photo shoot