New coin laundry in Soi Buakhow area???

KhunFred

Found it today. As you exit Soi Lengkee onto Third Road, look across the street and you will see the Otteri Wash and Dry, right next door to the New YorK Pizza House. There is another place closer to Jomtien called WashCoin, which uses an online interface and  mobile phone app to buy access to the washers and dryers. I bought 500 baht of washer and dryer time. I would report, but almost no one but me is interested in saving small change. The washers and dryers are clean and well maintained, which is not always the case with the ones I have seen in my neighborhood. I want DRYERS like a civilized human being. My mother was satisfied with hanging clothes out on the line to dry. I am thoroughly spoiled.   Or "spoilt" if you're a Brit. ????

otteri.jpg

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've been using the Otteri at the end of Lengkee since it opened and its very good. A new laundry is opening shortly on Soi Arunotai with similar machines, I'll give them a try, maybe next week

I am not familiar with Soi Arunotai. Care to provide some details? I've only been here four years and do not venture too far from Jomtien.

1 hour ago, KhunFred said:

Found it today. As you exit Soi Lengkee onto Third Road, look across the street and you will see the Otteri Wash and Dry, right next door to the New YorK Pizza House. There is another place closer to Jomtien called WashCoin, which uses an online interface and  mobile phone app to buy access to the washers and dryers. I bought 500 baht of washer and dryer time. I would report, but almost no one but me is interested in saving small change. The washers and dryers are clean and well maintained, which is not always the case with the ones I have seen in my neighborhood. I want DRYERS like a civilized human being. My mother was satisfied with hanging clothes out on the line to dry. I am thoroughly spoiled.   Or "spoilt" if you're a Brit.

otteri.jpg

That is exactly the place that I described and located for you in post #2. ????

3 minutes ago, TheJayMan said:

There is a Thai place that has coin operated dryers on Soi Buakhao.  Type the GPS coordinates 12.9257417,100.8809667 into Google Maps to find it.

image.png.246b8ebaee3ac829e9af3a7b66e222c9.png

or just click on this link

Those look like Dryers. Do their washing machines utilise warm/hot water?

11 minutes ago, JamJar said:

or just click on this link

Those look like Dryers. Do their washing machines utilise warm/hot water?

I don't know if they have warm water for the washing machines because I didn't go inside.  A friend of mine mentioned that he hasn't seen any dryers in Pattaya, so I took that picture to show him that there are some.

I wash my clothes in cold water with just a little detergent to preserve the colors.  I find that if I hang the clothes on coat hangers, they dry within a day in my hotel room.  Hot water would be good for white bed sheets to get them extra clean.

Here is a google maps photo of the outside of the place.

image.png.a47934ed514786ec6bf0432919ac73b4.png

On 6/13/2019 at 6:52 PM, JamJar said:

That is exactly the place that I described and located for you in post #2. ????

You described it and located it, but being unfamiliar with the territory,even after four years, I did not know the area you were talking about until I found it myself. Street names mean nothing to clueless guys like me who don't know the street names. ????????????????

2 hours ago, KhunFred said:

You described it and located it, but being unfamiliar with the territory,even after four years, I did not know the area you were talking about until I found it myself. Street names mean nothing to clueless guys like me who don't know the street names. ????????????????

Makes sense. I was just taken aback at first. 

There is a new (new) bank of washing machines just opened not far from soi B..Out of Soi B  North end,turn right few 100 m left turn as going to Jamesons pub...on the right about 300 whatever  on a corner......never been used

13 minutes ago, oxysong said:

There is a new (new) bank of washing machines just opened not far from soi B..Out of Soi B  North end,turn right few 100 m left turn as going to Jamesons pub...on the right about 300 whatever  on a corner......never been used

That is certainly good news, but DRYERS are the central issue here. They are seen as unnecessary by most of those who put washing machines out for public use. Thais hang their clothes out to dry like they did a hundred years ago. They change like the glaciers.

14 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

That is certainly good news, but DRYERS are the central issue here. They are seen as unnecessary by most of those who put washing machines out for public use. Thais hang their clothes out to dry like they did a hundred years ago. They change like the glaciers.

Well if DRYERS are your main concern then why don't you use a laundry that uses DRYERS and then have a nice Thai lady iron your clothes for you as well, or are you going to tell us that Thai laundries don't use DRYERS because guess what, they do.

There is using the sun to dry, costs less, saves the planet. The new hot water machine places already mentioned have dryers, how many do you need?

13 hours ago, Kenchamp said:

Well if DRYERS are your main concern then why don't you use a laundry that uses DRYERS and then have a nice Thai lady iron your clothes for you as well, or are you going to tell us that Thai laundries don't use DRYERS because guess what, they do.

Yes.

And have her put some nice smell on all them 

like mommy use to do.

????

13 hours ago, KhunFred said:

I like the Thai method.

Dryers are the worst thing for those yellow and orange tanks you buy at Soi buakhow market.

Those tanks and other clothing will shrink to small size after being blasted in a hot dryer for an hour.

Much better for the longevity of clothes to natural air dry.

Archived