'Delay means defeat' - Johnson commits to October Brexit deadline

webfact

I just read this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/11/eu-view-of-tory-leadership-candidates-deeply-critical-say-sources

which had a link to the following article from 2016 when Boris was just appointed to be Foreign Minister

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/15/brexit-boris-johnson-euromyths-telegraph-brussels

It seems at that time everybody in the EU though it can't get much worse. And now possibly PM.....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nahkit said:

"If he becomes PM, who has chosen him then? Certainly not the UK population."

Did you complain when Theresa May became prime minister without the UK population electing her or is it just wrong now?

I am not complaining. It is the brexiters who complain that EU Junker is not directly elected. This has been described for 3 years certainly 5000 times as undemocratic. For the UK now May and Boris are the same, and suddenly the criticism stops.

40 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

I am not complaining. It is the brexiters who complain that EU Junker is not directly elected. This has been described for 3 years certainly 5000 times as undemocratic. For the UK now May and Boris are the same, and suddenly the criticism stops.

Yes Junker and the other 4 unelected Presidents of the EU. Are you worried that Johnson will be PM or is it that a brexiteer will be in charge finally and get the UK out of the EU, as the democratic referendum result showed.

57 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Both sides are saddled with the system whether they like it or not.

My gut feeling is that it will be replaced; probably after the next GE as a result of the revolution that is already underway.

1 hour ago, Thakkar said:

Yes, let’s trust the guy who can’t even negotiate with his own hair, has 2 children by 2 different women while married to a third woman who he left for a fourth woman, 24 years his junior.

Jealousy will get you nowhere. He is a lying buffoon but his private life is none of your business.

Just now, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes Junker and the other 4 unelected Presidents of the EU. Are you worried that Johnson will be PM or is it that a brexiteer will be in charge finally and get the UK out of the EU, as the democratic referendum result showed.

The UK is going nowhere, it will hover in the hallway for another two years before going back to the lounge.

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I do Not care.

Just hope that the nonsense is soon over.

Anyway.

58 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

Enjoy your 27 to the pound.

Rooster

Fantastic that means those who earn money in Thailand or elsewhere are making a killing.

Regardless of your meaningless swipe, getting out of the EU would be worth it and see the pound rise again.

21 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Jealousy will get you nowhere. He is a lying buffoon but his private life is none of your business.

He is indeed a lying buffoon, with low morals. Once he choose to run for public office his private life becomes public business.

12 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Fantastic that means those who earn money in Thailand or elsewhere are making a killing.

Regardless of your meaningless swipe, getting out of the EU would be worth it and see the pound rise again.

55555555, yeah right. the pound has no yeast in it. The Bangkok bank shows the pound has broken through the 39 and heading south.

26 minutes ago, evadgib said:

My gut feeling is that it will be replaced; probably after the next GE as a result of the revolution that is already underway.

Maybe maybe not. But it's still hypocritical of those who grumble that the EU Commission chairman being appointed by democratically elected leaders is somehow not democratic. Seems to be more democratic than 124k Tory Party members deciding who will be UK PM.

12 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

He is indeed a lying buffoon, with low morals. Once he choose to run for public office his private life becomes public business.

If he was advocating remain I'm sure you would not be worried about his private life.

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Corbyn has already been shown as someone who (nowadays) is only interested in his political career.

Who on earth cares about what he says anymore?

I can think of a number of legitimate criticisms of Corbyn, but that accusation is ludicrously not one of them.

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I can think of a number of legitimate criticisms of Corbyn, but that accusation is ludicrously not one of them.

"a dedicated follower of fascists" is currently doing the rounds to a familiar tune if you're interested (????)

7 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Remainers clearly worried in Boris gets the PM's job that they will not be able to overturn democracy and get another referendum, as the UK will be leaving the EU.

Give me ONE reason - except Brexit might be over forever - why the outcome of the Brexit (no) deal may NOT be presented to the British voters ?

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

You should spend some time contemplating what your gut feeling wishes would lead to.

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

We will see how Boris de Pfeffel Johnson will sell his no deal brexit in the Parlament. Should not there be a majority, then what?

Join May...leave only this time in October

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Are the members of your House of Lords elected ? Junckers is elected by the European Council = heads of governments of the then 28 EU member states inclusive the British prime minister and approved by the EU Parliament, inclusive the British members.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

see the pound rise again.

Till now you British did it fantastic: Mid 2015: € 1,43 and now € 1,13... Conmtinue like that and the pound will "rise" till one once...

7 hours ago, fishtank said:

Handing the leadership of the country to this bumbling serial lying buffoon.

You could not make it up.

But as the choice of the future PM is in the hands of 120,000 ancient middle class right wingers what do you expect?

Democracy? Cannot see any here.

Ah........A cherry picking remoaner, no less!

7 hours ago, fishtank said:

Handing the leadership of the country to this bumbling serial lying buffoon.

You could not make it up.

But as the choice of the future PM is in the hands of 120,000 ancient middle class right wingers what do you expect?

Democracy? Cannot see any here.

He is not a buffoon, don't go along with the labels the MSM stick on people, he is very bright and always wanted to be PM, looks like he will get his wish.

6 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

He is not a buffoon, don't go along with the labels the MSM stick on people, he is very bright and always wanted to be PM, looks like he will get his wish.

If he’d been born to a normal working class family and attended a Comp, he’d be stacking shelves in Tesco (on the night shift).

He’s a shining example of upperclass tw@ery and privilege.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Maybe maybe not. But it's still hypocritical of those who grumble that the EU Commission chairman being appointed by democratically elected leaders is somehow not democratic. Seems to be more democratic than 124k Tory Party members deciding who will be UK PM.

The British electorate vote for a political party, not for the PM.  The party decide who is their leader. We (the people) already voted the Tory party into power (just about). That was our democracy. 

The British people didn't realistically have any say in who became leader of the EU commission. It is stretching the truth to say we did. 

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If he’d been born to a normal working class family and attended a Comp, he’d be stacking shelves in Tesco (on the night shift).

He’s a shining example of upperclass tw@ery and privilege.

Hogwash.

If Ray Reardon had been my father I would probably be a better snooker player than I am.

Archived