In Iowa, Biden slams Trump on trade, China

webfact

17 minutes ago, Kasane said:

Biden at a fundraiser tonight, on his desire to work with the Republican Party post Trump. Delusional.

“With Trump gone you’re going to begin to see things change. Because these folks know better. They know this isn’t what they’re supposed to be doing."

I do have to agree with you on that. If he really believes it, then he is delusional. But it should appeal to independents.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, riclag said:

Russia Russia, 24 /7 for 21/2 years has come to a end ! The swing voter's want to see numbers, the dems , they are still in denial as I mentioned before! 

You're watching too much FOX and listening to too much Rush. "Russia, Russia" has definitely NOT come to an end. Trump thinks it has. But how many times has he been wrong (or lied)?

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

At least somebody on one percent Joe's staff has briefed him on the fact we are actually in competition with China. 

ROTFL

Very clever. Do you have a link for that? Some proof?

16 hours ago, OtinPattaya said:

I am from Iowa, I own soybean farmland in northern Iowa, and yes, the tariffs are going to hurt us in the short term. But the fact is, we have to stand up to China's grotesquely unfair trade practices. If not America, who? Spain? Italy? Great Britain? France? Sweden? We'd love to have some help from our "allies." Is Biden going to do that? Did Obama or Bush Jr? Biden is just another professional politico who's going to say whatever gets him elected. He's not quite as suicidal as Hilary Clinton, who waisted no effort expressing her contempt for rural Americans, calling them "deplorables." Biden is at least smart enough to pay fake mouth-honor to working-class and rural Americans. 

When was the last time any one of you, from the UK, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, and Scandinavia, ever stood up to China? Maybe America or Trump would not need to be so adversarial with China if the rest of you would actually do something other than sit on the neutral sidelines reaping the benefits whilst judging American in the process? 

They are the cowards of the world. 

16 hours ago, OtinPattaya said:

I am from Iowa, I own soybean farmland in northern Iowa, and yes, the tariffs are going to hurt us in the short term. But the fact is, we have to stand up to China's grotesquely unfair trade practices. If not America, who? Spain? Italy? Great Britain? France? Sweden? We'd love to have some help from our "allies." Is Biden going to do that? Did Obama or Bush Jr? Biden is just another professional politico who's going to say whatever gets him elected. He's not quite as suicidal as Hilary Clinton, who waisted no effort expressing her contempt for rural Americans, calling them "deplorables." Biden is at least smart enough to pay fake mouth-honor to working-class and rural Americans. 

When was the last time any one of you, from the UK, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, and Scandinavia, ever stood up to China? Maybe America or Trump would not need to be so adversarial with China if the rest of you would actually do something other than sit on the neutral sidelines reaping the benefits whilst judging American in the process? 

It's refreshing to see somebody and their family willing to stand by their principles and actually sacrifice for the greater good. It is in stark contrast to people that hate on the USA and left because they could take advantage of the income inequality and take their money outside of the American system. I can guarantee you that when SS was established by Roosevelt it wasn't considering people would take a plane and bail out of the country and then despise everything about the USA from Nakhon Nowhere.

13 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It's refreshing to see somebody and their family willing to stand by their principles and actually sacrifice for the greater good. It is in stark contrast to people that hate on the USA and left because they could take advantage of the income inequality and take their money outside of the American system. I can guarantee you that when SS was established by Roosevelt it wasn't considering people would take a plane and bail out of the country and then despise everything about the USA from Nakhon Nowhere.

Do you mean like do for your country not what your country can do for you or more like Donald do your country for as much as it can do for you?

Just now, Tug said:

Do you mean like do for your country not what your country can do for you or more like Donald do your country for as much as it can do for you?

I am wiling to sacrifice when it is the best thing for my country. I don't hide in some 3rd world backwater simply because it provides me the most benefit.

33 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Joe has done a turn around on the entire China thing just read any news available.

That's good. I salute Joe for that. Being able to be honest and do a "turn around" means he has balls and smarts. I like a man who can roll with the times. But not a man who lies and bull shits when in reality, the truth is all over television. Yeah, right, FAKE news.

Just now, neeray said:

That's good. I salute Joe for that. Being able to be honest and do a "turn around" means he has balls and smarts. I like a man who can roll with the times. But not a man who lies and bull shits when in reality, the truth is all over television. Yeah, right, FAKE news.

Yes, he is a man of principles. Now all he has to do is avoid his party through the primaries so they don't eat him alive. I am gay and it was Biden that basically forced Obama to make gay rights and marriage something central to the democratic party. 

Biden, however is looking pretty old, his hair plugs have fallen out and I don't think he is still with it.

20 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I am wiling to sacrifice when it is the best thing for my country. I don't hide in some 3rd world backwater simply because it provides me the most benefit.

You do realize, don't you, that a lot of the people you are addressing are combat veterans from several of America's wars. Others worked for American counterinsurgency agencies during the last American war in Southeast Asia. What have you done?

Just now, zydeco said:

You do realize, don't you, that a lot of the people you are addressing are combat veterans from several of America's wars. Others worked for American counterinsurgency agencies during the last American war in Southeast Asia. What have you done?

I was ROTC and served in Iraq.

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

I was ROTC and served in Iraq.

And so why are you insulting other combat veterans on this forum? And weren't you here for a while, too, taking the same advantage and "hiding away" as you accuse others of doing?

Just now, zydeco said:

And so why are you insulting other combat veterans on this forum? And weren't you here for a while, too, taking the same advantage and "hiding away" as you accuse others of doing?

Veteran or not they are taking money out of the USA and endangering that which there entitlements are based upon. When the war ended you should have come home. That was the theory. Now you spend all of your money in those places. Once the war was over or my tour was done I went home.

17 hours ago, OtinPattaya said:

Hello neighbor, I'm from MN, studied at North Dakota State where I met many AG families workers.  I've been living in Thailand for the last few years so will admit I am ignorant to the current state/attitudes of the people back home towards politics.

But what I have not seen yet about the trade war on farmers is any talk of John Deere or Monsanto, potash, or the seed suppliers lowering prices to help offset the new reality of prices.  If the demand for the major crops have dropped due to a major buyer like China specifically targeting farmers why is there no talk of the input cost companies lowering their prices to face the new reality.

Whenever I see interviews of the farmer saying this is going to destroy farmers ect.  I just don't buy it and label it fake news and will continue to call it fake news until I see these very profitable companies lower prices as the US farmers products drop in value.

4 minutes ago, marke985 said:

Hello neighbor, I'm from MN, studied at North Dakota State where I met many AG families workers.  I've been living in Thailand for the last few years so will admit I am ignorant to the current state/attitudes of the people back home towards politics.

But what I have not seen yet about the trade war on farmers is any talk of John Deere or Monsanto, potash, or the seed suppliers lowering prices to help offset the new reality of prices.  If the demand for the major crops have dropped due to a major buyer like China specifically targeting farmers why is there no talk of the input cost companies lowering their prices to face the new reality.

Whenever I see interviews of the farmer saying this is going to destroy farmers ect.  I just don't buy it and label it fake news and will continue to call it fake news until I see these very profitable companies lower prices as the US farmers products drop in value.

The "farmers" are really just corporations that poison the water and land. Look at all the old farm houses for sale. They sell an acre or so with the dilapidated house for nearly $100,000. The farmers are simply corporations.

Iowa is the most raped ecosystem in many ways on the entire planet if not certainly in the USA. Less than 2% of the land in Iowa is left to nature. I hope you like Mesothelioma. 

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Biden doesn't hide his hair loss.  Trump does. 

Biden did try to use plugs to hide it. Look at any photos of him over the years. He was simply less successful at it and looks like he has aged 20 years since he was Obama's wing man.

17 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

The "farmers" are really just corporations that poison the water and land. Look at all the old farm houses for sale. They sell an acre or so with the dilapidated house for nearly $100,000. The farmers are simply corporations.

Iowa is the most raped ecosystem in many ways on the entire planet if not certainly in the USA. Less than 2% of the land in Iowa is left to nature. I hope you like Mesothelioma. 

Farmers relax after Trump administration proposes major rollback of rules governing waterways

That’s why he and many other farmers breathed easier this week after the Trump administration moved to officially roll back protections for waterways and wetlands across the country. It’s a push that makes good on President Donald Trump’s campaign pledge to loosen landmark Obama-era water rules long opposed by some developers, farmers and oil, gas and mining executives.

https://www.omaha.com/news/nation/morton/farmers-relax-after-trump-administration-proposes-major-rollback-of-rules/article_493cc7d8-f28c-5dca-be86-2cf1961b83c5.html

7 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Farmers relax after Trump administration proposes major rollback of rules governing waterways

That’s why he and many other farmers breathed easier this week after the Trump administration moved to officially roll back protections for waterways and wetlands across the country. It’s a push that makes good on President Donald Trump’s campaign pledge to loosen landmark Obama-era water rules long opposed by some developers, farmers and oil, gas and mining executives.

https://www.omaha.com/news/nation/morton/farmers-relax-after-trump-administration-proposes-major-rollback-of-rules/article_493cc7d8-f28c-5dca-be86-2cf1961b83c5.html

It is a blow to the new green dealers. By definition they would put farmers out of business. So Trump has very little to worry about. Cow farts... The EU won't even allow our farming practices that's why we sell this sh!t to China where they have no standards.

27 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Iowa is the most raped ecosystem in many ways on the entire planet if not certainly in the USA. Less than 2% of the land in Iowa is left to nature. I hope you like Mesothelioma

So on the one hand you condemn corporations for poisoning the water and on the other...

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It is a blow to the new green dealers. By definition they would put farmers out of business. So Trump has very little to worry about. Cow farts...

8 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It is a blow to the new green dealers. By definition they would put farmers out of business. So Trump has very little to worry about. Cow farts... The EU won't even allow our farming practices that's why we sell this sh!t to China where they have no standards.

But congratulations are in order. You managed to commit a massive piece of hypocrisy on the same page.

6 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

So on the one hand you condemn corporations for poisoning the water and on the other...

I play the game. If you want to see an environmental renaissance in the prairie ban roundup. I try to be ethical with what I do. The farmers are doing a lot of damage to my country. 

I take exception to the fact that they always say farmers like it is an innocent thing to do. If you live in Iowa or places like that you can't grow anything and they spray you with poison. Is that how it should be?

7 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I play the game. If you want to see an environmental renaissance in the prairie ban roundup. I try to be ethical with what I do. The farmers are doing a lot of damage to my country. 

Roundup is the only problem? Polluting waterways with other chemicals and fertilizers isn't a problem? They don't get into the water table? Who are you kidding? Even in your support of a cause that is so flagrantly opposed by Trump, you can't bring yourself to acknowledge the damage he's doing.

And even on your own narrow ground, Trump fails you:

Trump EPA insists Monsanto's Roundup is safe, despite cancer cases

The Trump administration is keeping the weedkiller Roundup on the US market, insisting it is safe for humans despite thousands of lawsuits launched by people who claim it gave them cancer.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) maintains in a new decision that glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup, which is made by Monsanto, does not cause cancer or other health problems if it is used according to instruction labels.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/apr/30/monsanto-roundup-trump-epa-cancer

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Roundup is the only problem? Polluting waterways with other chemicals and fertilizers isn't a problem? They don't get into the water table? Who are you kidding? Even in your support of a cause that is so flagrantly opposed by Trump, you can't bring yourself to acknowledge the damage he's doing.

And even on your own narrow ground, Trump fails you:

Trump EPA insists Monsanto's Roundup is safe, despite cancer cases

The Trump administration is keeping the weedkiller Roundup on the US market, insisting it is safe for humans despite thousands of lawsuits launched by people who claim it gave them cancer.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) maintains in a new decisionthat glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup, which is made by Monsanto, does not cause cancer or other health problems if it is used according to instruction labels.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/apr/30/monsanto-roundup-trump-epa-cancer

Google roundup map. If you live next to any of these farmers you will not be able to grow a tomato for example. If you yard uses Scotts grass you are probably good. But yeah they spray it everywhere and it is a crisis. They are being sued for many cases of mesothelioma and it isn't a small thing. 

The streams in Iowa are 100% polluted. Trump aside Iowa is a democratic state at times.

Archived