Pork in Thailand

Oxx

Whether a pig is shocked, clubbed, or shot in the head...the end game is the same...food for the market and table...

One might do more good by focusing on cleanliness and hygiene practices at these facilities...

Or, as one group might suggest...we could create "safe-rooms" for pigs...and ban the eating of pork as they are subjected to inhumane treatment in their humble opinion...????

Thailand is a funny country when it come to animals, they will fight with their lives to save a feral cat or a soi dog but when it comes to the animals on the the food chain the story is completely different when the true cruelty to those animals knows no bounds...

15 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Thailand is a funny country when it come to animals, they will fight with their lives to save a feral cat or a soi dog but when it comes to the animals on the the food chain the story is completely different when the true cruelty to those animals knows no bounds...

Why single out Thailand?  America and UK are just the same.

All the soppy TV programmes about rescuing cats stuck up trees, stray dogs with a limp, and ducklings fallen down a drain.  You will ,rightly, get fined for keeping a pet in a cage that is too small, or shooting a neighbours cat or eating a hamster.  But the public and animals charities don't do anything about the horrendous conditions for animals in the factory farms, where they are living in filth, seriously overcrowded, no natural light, and even bred to not be able to stand up as they are too fat.  

Pigs are treated very badly, even in the uk,  They have their teeth ripped out and tails cut off with no anesthetic, most are kept in tiny cages they can't even turn around in, and also in filthy conditions.

If I ripped the teeth out of my puppy and cut its tail off there would be outrage!  

54 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Whether a pig is shocked, clubbed, or shot in the head...the end game is the same...food for the market and table...

One might do more good by focusing on cleanliness and hygiene practices at these facilities...

Or, as one group might suggest...we could create "safe-rooms" for pigs...and ban the eating of pork as they are subjected to inhumane treatment in their humble opinion...????

No pork on the fork ????

The end is nigh ????

49 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Pigs are treated very badly, even in the uk,  They have their teeth ripped out and tails cut off with no anesthetic, most are kept in tiny cages they can't even turn around in, and also in filthy conditions.

Your information isn't particularly accurate.

Tails are only docked without anaesthetic if the piglet is under 7 days old.  (This is probably comparable with the circumcision of male babies shortly after birth by Jews and Moslems.)

In the UK pigs are not "kept in tiny cages".  Perhaps you're thinking of farrowing stalls which were made illegal in the UK in 1999, and across the whole EU in 2013.

Teeth clipping or grinding is done to prevent injury to the mother's teats, so does have a positive aspect.

Clubbing a pig is an efficient and merciful way to start killing a pig, done right. I have done it a few times and I didn't have the impression that the animal suffered, which is very important to me. The problem in a slaughter house is that the pigs realise that something unpleasant is happening and they get hysterical.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, Oxx said:

Your information isn't particularly accurate.

Tails are only docked without anaesthetic if the piglet is under 7 days old.  (This is probably comparable with the circumcision of male babies shortly after birth by Jews and Moslems.)

In the UK pigs are not "kept in tiny cages".  Perhaps you're thinking of farrowing stalls which were made illegal in the UK in 1999, and across the whole EU in 2013.

Teeth clipping or grinding is done to prevent injury to the mother's teats, so does have a positive aspect.

You are trying to justify something which is clearly animals abuse.  Cutting a tiny bit of skin of a babies dick is bad enough, but cutting the end of the pigs SPINE off, bones and all with no anesthetic is obviously going to be much more painful.  They also often CASTRATE the male piglets, again with no anesthetic…  

Teeth 'clipping and grinding', again with no anesthetic is sickening.  Imagine a dentist doing that to you and the agony you would be in.  Its not done gently!  The argument is invalid about it protecting the mother pigs teats... that is total nonsense.  What happens with wild pigs or naturally raised ones?  The reason they rip out the teeth is to stop the pigs biting each other when they are older inflicting wounds on each other (which they do due to stress of overcrowding).

Here are the cages and condition UK factory farmed pigs are kept in.  Do you consider these acceptable to you?  Would you keep you pet dogs or cats like that?  If you went to a zoo and the elephants or other animals were housed like that would you think it was fine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhfvkDRLdFU

On 6/12/2019 at 8:48 AM, ezzra said:

I don't know if it still the case but certainly 20+ years ago slaughterhouses were always staffed by Thai-Muslims presumably for the reason that a proper Buddhist could eat animals but not slaughter them. 

38 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

You are trying to justify something which is clearly animals abuse.  Cutting a tiny bit of skin of a babies dick is bad enough, but cutting the end of the pigs SPINE off, bones and all with no anesthetic is obviously going to be much more painful.  They also often CASTRATE the male piglets, again with no anesthetic…  

Teeth 'clipping and grinding', again with no anesthetic is sickening.  Imagine a dentist doing that to you and the agony you would be in.  Its not done gently!  The argument is invalid about it protecting the mother pigs teats... that is total nonsense.  What happens with wild pigs or naturally raised ones?  The reason they rip out the teeth is to stop the pigs biting each other when they are older inflicting wounds on each other (which they do due to stress of overcrowding).

Here are the cages and condition UK factory farmed pigs are kept in.  Do you consider these acceptable to you?  Would you keep you pet dogs or cats like that?  If you went to a zoo and the elephants or other animals were housed like that would you think it was fine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhfvkDRLdFU

Crates like in the video were banned in the UK in 1999, please quote correctly and not videos from Australia.

Pork fillet cooked in a red wine marinade, with a nice backed potato, packed with mature cheddar. very aroi.  Let's not get too worked up about this folks, as its been going on for tens of  thousands of years.  

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, Oxx said:

In the UK pigs are not "kept in tiny cages".  Perhaps you're thinking of farrowing stalls which were made illegal in the UK in 1999, and across the whole EU in 2013

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:36 PM, Oxx said:

Are you sure that's conditions in a UK factory? Looks more like Australia to me.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:40 PM, colinneil said:

Crates like in the video were banned in the UK in 1999, please quote correctly and not videos from Australia.

Here is a more up to date video.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbiUrDklfIA

On 6/12/2019 at 8:48 AM, ezzra said:

Out of site , out of mind.

33 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Here is a more up to date video.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbiUrDklfIA

If you have irrefutable proof that the video was shot in the UK, take it to the authorities.

The video says a farm in Dorset, impossible, the farmer would have been prosecuted, as i already pointed out, the practice of pigs in crates was outlawed 20 years ago in the UK.

Anybody can make videos and superimpose text.

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

If you have irrefutable proof that the video was shot in the UK, take it to the authorities.

The video says a farm in Dorset, impossible, the farmer would have been prosecuted, as i already pointed out, the practice of pigs in crates was outlawed 20 years ago in the UK.

Anybody can make videos and superimpose text.

The cages are banned, but only those exact cages.  As you can see from the video all that has happened is they modified the design to make they legal.  

I really don't want to get any more 'proof' as I feel I have made my argument.  You can easily look for yourself to see the most up to date factory farming techniques for pigs in UK, and here too, or you can just stick you head in the sand the keep your faith in the 'fact' these cages are banned and pigs are not kept in cages at all.  Up to you.

Just now, jak2002003 said:

The cages are banned, but only those exact cages.  As you can see from the video all that has happened is they modified the design to make they legal.  

I really don't want to get any more 'proof' as I feel I have made my argument.  You can easily look for yourself to see the most up to date factory farming techniques for pigs in UK, and here too, or you can just stick you head in the sand the keep your faith in the 'fact' these cages are banned and pigs are not kept in cages at all.  Up to you.

You claim you have made your argument, surely you jest, you claimed the first video you posted was in the UK, when in fact it was in Australia, you have lost all credibility.

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You claim you have made your argument, surely you jest, you claimed the first video you posted was in the UK, when in fact it was in Australia, you have lost all credibility.

Please give it up.  This is not about winning or loosing between us.  I never said the video was shot in the UK.  I posted it to show how the pigs are housed and treated in the UK... its basically the same.  

What do you want me to do here, I am not clear what your agenda is?  Do you want me to post a number of videos of pigs caged up in the UK factory farms?  I can do that?  Why are you so stubbornly insisting pigs are not raised like that in the UK?  

Do you think they are kept in cages similar to those in the video in the UK farms?  Yes or no?

• 2 months later...

Pigs teeth ripped out while alive? Where did you get that utter nonsensical and patently false information! Standard slaughterhouse protocol governed by Gov't regulations and enforced by on-site Inspectors is that all animals are rendered instantly unconsciousness via CO2 environment administered, before anything else happens.

Why single out Thailand?  America and UK are just the same.

All the soppy TV programmes about rescuing cats stuck up trees, stray dogs with a limp, and ducklings fallen down a drain.  You will ,rightly, get fined for keeping a pet in a cage that is too small, or shooting a neighbours cat or eating a hamster.  But the public and animals charities don't do anything about the horrendous conditions for animals in the factory farms, where they are living in filth, seriously overcrowded, no natural light, and even bred to not be able to stand up as they are too fat.  

If I ripped the teeth out of my puppy and cut its tail off there would be outrage!  

Archived