Jump to content
BANGKOK 26 June 2019 00:31
Oxx

Pork in Thailand

Recommended Posts

Whether a pig is shocked, clubbed, or shot in the head...the end game is the same...food for the market and table...

 

One might do more good by focusing on cleanliness and hygiene practices at these facilities...

 

Or, as one group might suggest...we could create "safe-rooms" for pigs...and ban the eating of pork as they are subjected to inhumane treatment in their humble opinion...😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thailand is a funny country when it come to animals, they will fight with their lives to save a feral cat or a soi dog but when it comes to the animals on the the food chain the story is completely different when the true cruelty to those animals knows no bounds...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, Oxx said:

 

Your information isn't particularly accurate.

 

Tails are only docked without anaesthetic if the piglet is under 7 days old.  (This is probably comparable with the circumcision of male babies shortly after birth by Jews and Moslems.)

 

In the UK pigs are not "kept in tiny cages".  Perhaps you're thinking of farrowing stalls which were made illegal in the UK in 1999, and across the whole EU in 2013.

 

Teeth clipping or grinding is done to prevent injury to the mother's teats, so does have a positive aspect.

You are trying to justify something which is clearly animals abuse.  Cutting a tiny bit of skin of a babies dick is bad enough, but cutting the end of the pigs SPINE off, bones and all with no anesthetic is obviously going to be much more painful.  They also often CASTRATE the male piglets, again with no anesthetic…  

 

Teeth 'clipping and grinding', again with no anesthetic is sickening.  Imagine a dentist doing that to you and the agony you would be in.  Its not done gently!  The argument is invalid about it protecting the mother pigs teats... that is total nonsense.  What happens with wild pigs or naturally raised ones?  The reason they rip out the teeth is to stop the pigs biting each other when they are older inflicting wounds on each other (which they do due to stress of overcrowding).

 

Here are the cages and condition UK factory farmed pigs are kept in.  Do you consider these acceptable to you?  Would you keep you pet dogs or cats like that?  If you went to a zoo and the elephants or other animals were housed like that would you think it was fine?

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhfvkDRLdFU

 

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Here are the cages and condition UK factory farmed pigs are kept in.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhfvkDRLdFU

 

Are you sure that's conditions in a UK factory? Looks more like Australia to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 8:48 AM, ezzra said:

Thailand is a funny country when it come to animals, they will fight with their lives to save a feral cat or a soi dog but when it comes to the animals on the the food chain the story is completely different when the true cruelty to those animals knows no bounds...

I don't know if it still the case but certainly 20+ years ago slaughterhouses were always staffed by Thai-Muslims presumably for the reason that a proper Buddhist could eat animals but not slaughter them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

You are trying to justify something which is clearly animals abuse.  Cutting a tiny bit of skin of a babies dick is bad enough, but cutting the end of the pigs SPINE off, bones and all with no anesthetic is obviously going to be much more painful.  They also often CASTRATE the male piglets, again with no anesthetic…  

 

Teeth 'clipping and grinding', again with no anesthetic is sickening.  Imagine a dentist doing that to you and the agony you would be in.  Its not done gently!  The argument is invalid about it protecting the mother pigs teats... that is total nonsense.  What happens with wild pigs or naturally raised ones?  The reason they rip out the teeth is to stop the pigs biting each other when they are older inflicting wounds on each other (which they do due to stress of overcrowding).

 

Here are the cages and condition UK factory farmed pigs are kept in.  Do you consider these acceptable to you?  Would you keep you pet dogs or cats like that?  If you went to a zoo and the elephants or other animals were housed like that would you think it was fine?

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhfvkDRLdFU

 

Crates like in the video were banned in the UK in 1999, please quote correctly and not videos from Australia.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do people stop being vegetarian?

 

Because they run out of people to bore....

 

(couldn't remember the joke exactly)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pork fillet cooked in a red wine marinade, with a nice backed potato, packed with mature cheddar. very aroi.  Let's not get too worked up about this folks, as its been going on for tens of  thousands of years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...