BANGKOK 26 June 2019 16:53
Oxx

Pork in Thailand

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

a nice backed potato

Would that be a Hasselbacked potato?

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

Would that be a Hasselbacked potato?

Not sure what that is, but I'm sure it's delicious. 

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, Oxx said:

In the UK pigs are not "kept in tiny cages".  Perhaps you're thinking of farrowing stalls which were made illegal in the UK in 1999, and across the whole EU in 2013

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:36 PM, Oxx said:

Are you sure that's conditions in a UK factory? Looks more like Australia to me.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:40 PM, colinneil said:

Crates like in the video were banned in the UK in 1999, please quote correctly and not videos from Australia.

Here is a more up to date video.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbiUrDklfIA

• Sad 1

On 6/12/2019 at 8:48 AM, ezzra said:

Thailand is a funny country when it come to animals, they will fight with their lives to save a feral cat or a soi dog but when it comes to the animals on the the food chain the story is completely different when the true cruelty to those animals knows no bounds...

Out of site , out of mind.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Here is a more up to date video.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbiUrDklfIA

If you have irrefutable proof that the video was shot in the UK, take it to the authorities.

The video says a farm in Dorset, impossible, the farmer would have been prosecuted, as i already pointed out, the practice of pigs in crates was outlawed 20 years ago in the UK.

Anybody can make videos and superimpose text.

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

If you have irrefutable proof that the video was shot in the UK, take it to the authorities.

The video says a farm in Dorset, impossible, the farmer would have been prosecuted, as i already pointed out, the practice of pigs in crates was outlawed 20 years ago in the UK.

Anybody can make videos and superimpose text.

The cages are banned, but only those exact cages.  As you can see from the video all that has happened is they modified the design to make they legal.  

I really don't want to get any more 'proof' as I feel I have made my argument.  You can easily look for yourself to see the most up to date factory farming techniques for pigs in UK, and here too, or you can just stick you head in the sand the keep your faith in the 'fact' these cages are banned and pigs are not kept in cages at all.  Up to you.

Just now, jak2002003 said:

The cages are banned, but only those exact cages.  As you can see from the video all that has happened is they modified the design to make they legal.  

I really don't want to get any more 'proof' as I feel I have made my argument.  You can easily look for yourself to see the most up to date factory farming techniques for pigs in UK, and here too, or you can just stick you head in the sand the keep your faith in the 'fact' these cages are banned and pigs are not kept in cages at all.  Up to you.

You claim you have made your argument, surely you jest, you claimed the first video you posted was in the UK, when in fact it was in Australia, you have lost all credibility.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You claim you have made your argument, surely you jest, you claimed the first video you posted was in the UK, when in fact it was in Australia, you have lost all credibility.

Please give it up.  This is not about winning or loosing between us.  I never said the video was shot in the UK.  I posted it to show how the pigs are housed and treated in the UK... its basically the same.  

What do you want me to do here, I am not clear what your agenda is?  Do you want me to post a number of videos of pigs caged up in the UK factory farms?  I can do that?  Why are you so stubbornly insisting pigs are not raised like that in the UK?  

Do you think they are kept in cages similar to those in the video in the UK farms?  Yes or no?

To lighten the mood a little....

Used to know a girl who liked pork in cider.