Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

German tourist's head bound with duct tape - Thai police suspect suicide


webfact

Recommended Posts

German tourist's head bound with duct tape - Thai police suspect suicide

 

sc1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

 

Ao Nang, Krabi police called to a luxury hotel's 6th floor on Tuesday found a 40 year old German tourist dead in bed. 

 

Christopher Faust's head was covered in a red bag and there was green duct tape binding from the neck up to the nose. The roll of tape was still attached. 

 

He had been dead between one and two days in the room that has it's own private swimming pool. 

 

There were no signs of a struggle or theft. Items such as a laptop computer, money, credit cards and passport were all in place, reported Thai Rath

 

sc2.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

 

There were two glasses half filled with a liquid on a table two meters from the victim. Two bags similar to the one covering his head were found by the bathroom. 

 

Pol Capt Sarawut Kittireuangrayap investigating found that Mr Faust had checked in to stay from the 7th to the 16th of June. 

 

Everything appeared normal according to staff - on Sunday he had ordered food in his room but had not been seen since. 

 

Police are giving weight to the theory that he committed suicide - there were bills for the duct tape in the room. 

 

They are checking the purchase of the tape and the CCTV at the hotel and an autopsy has been ordered at Krabi Hospital. 

 

Source: Daily News | Thai Rath

 

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-12
 

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

Link to post
Share on other sites

POST " 2 ?  POST 3,  is your answer, cops here to kin lazy to take finger prints from the two glasses, to busy out on the roads stopping bikes  have they got any forensics here, ? , yes we have seen them at work in the past, with 2 innocents locked away for a double murder

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

POST " 2 ?  POST 3,  is your answer, cops here to kin lazy to take finger prints from the two glasses, to busy out on the roads stopping bikes  have they got any forensics here, ? , yes we have seen them at work in the past, with 2 innocents locked away for a double murder

In this case to early to scream homocide, aint it. We need more beef to decide if there was or not. 

 

Any ladyboys onvolved, a creazy bar lady with a jealous husband would help alot. 

 

Or he thought Thailand would solve all his problems, and spent his fortune in 3 weeks, and nowhere else to go when his love of his life left him behind. 

 

We need more details. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, webfact said:

Everything appeared normal according to staff

yep .....  everything normal in this room ... :whistling:

Except there's a dead body on the bed   !!!!    yikes  !

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steven100 said:

somethings not right here ....  where's the thai gf  ?  and where is his mobile  ??

Everything was in place such as,,, listed by police. Do you think they forget to write phone, or you sure it is missing? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tagged said:

Everything was in place such as,,, listed by police. Do you think they forget to write phone, or you sure it is missing? 

Items such as a laptop computer, money, credit cards and passport were all in place.

 

as I mentioned .... where is the gf  ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steven100 said:

Items such as a laptop computer, money, credit cards and passport were all in place.

 

as I mentioned .... where is the gf  ? 

Not sure he have a gf? Doesnt say in the article as far I could read, but you mentioned the phone. And the phone is not listed as well. 

 

As far we know, it could have been a bf, or nobody. You could asked, where is his drinking buddies. ? What kind of alcohol did they drink. That is a very important detail, to get closer to solving this mystery. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tagged said:

Not sure he have a gf? Doesnt say in the article as far I could read, but you mentioned the phone. And the phone is not listed as well. 

 

As far we know, it could have been a bf, or nobody. You could asked, where is his drinking buddies. ? What kind of alcohol did they drink. That is a very important detail, to get closer to solving this mystery. 

If we split up, we can cover more ground!

 

I love how people on here act like a short article in a Thai newspaper should be treated as a comprehensive police report and will contain all the facts to allow amateur sleuths like them to solve a crime. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SammyT said:

If we split up, we can cover more ground!

 

I love how people on here act like a short article in a Thai newspaper should be treated as a comprehensive police report and will contain all the facts to allow amateur sleuths like them to solve a crime. 

Tragic a man have to kill himself in Thailand, but many lost souls come here trying to find something they did not find home. The dissapointment when not find it, could lead to many things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Tragic a man have to kill himself in Thailand, but many lost souls come here trying to find something they did not find home. The dissapointment when not find it, could lead to many things. 

Agreed. I've met many people in here who come across as if they're drinking in life's last chance saloon

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tagged said:

In this case to early to scream homocide, aint it. We need more beef to decide if there was or not. 

 

Any ladyboys onvolved, a creazy bar lady with a jealous husband would help alot. 

 

Or he thought Thailand would solve all his problems, and spent his fortune in 3 weeks, and nowhere else to go when his love of his life left him behind. 

 

We need more details. 

I don't

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SammyT said:

Sitting here waiting for the "CSI: Expats" crew to roll in and start alleging homicide. 

 

RIP, sir. I hope you found peace.

Sir, homicide is always suspected first.  Suicide later after autopsy.  At least in the west. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SammyT said:

I love how people on here act like a short article in a Thai newspaper should be treated as a comprehensive police report and will contain all the facts to allow amateur sleuths like them to solve a crime. 

The sad fact is that the published information may very well be the complete police report. Not all of the cynicism on TV is without foundation, especially when it involves one of the worst and most callous police forces in the world. Anyway, people are going to speculate and conjecture, whether it be here on TV or in the corner pub back home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

The sad fact is that the published information may very well be the complete police report. Not all of the cynicism on TV is without foundation, especially when it involves one of the worst and most callous police forces in the world. Anyway, people are going to speculate and conjecture, whether it be here on TV or in the corner pub back home.

Well, Monthy Python comes to its right, when reading some posts on here! 

 

We have a word for it in my language, but Im not sure it can be translated, but it is "worse than a chickenhouse"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Always sad when someone feels there is nothing left and no hope. At least this guy did it without spectacle and without endangering others, like leaping in a mall.

 

Tragic, RIP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, webfact said:

German tourist's head bound with duct tape - Thai police suspect suicide

Oh yes I remember the last time I wanted to commit suicide, I bound my head with duct tape

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...