Bangkok: Student on new motorcycle hits bridge and falls to death on car below

webfact

13 hours ago, Just Weird said:

How was the student in this accident showing "stupidity"?

By buying a bike that was obviously too much for him to handle and then crashing and flying the way he did.there was no one else involved so it looks like he might of hit a patch of black ice.

On 6/12/2019 at 8:36 AM, cardinalblue said:

Don’t blame the new bike....blame the operator who didn’t have sufficient time nor practice b/f taking it out into a mean unforgiving world....

How do you know that? Maybe a wheel came off? It was brand new and assembled by the dealers' youngest engineer who was a mailman 2 weeks ago.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:34 AM, Dumbastheycome said:

I think there is a  fine divide in interpretation of that which I cannot decide if is  crass or  sympathetic. But I do lean towards one  side of that divide .

Crass and in very poor taste.

The first bike I ever rode I crashed, broke my arm and trashed the bike, I was 14 at the time, but the accident was 100% my fault as the bike was all new to me..

We have a PCX, I can tell you it was a bit of a learning curve after the other light weight bikes we had had before..

7 hours ago, happy chappie said:

By buying a bike that was obviously too much for him to handle and then crashing and flying the way he did.there was no one else involved so it looks like he might of hit a patch of black ice.

probably texting like all the rest

10 hours ago, happy chappie said:

So, using that odd logic, everyone who has an accident in or on any type of vehicle is using a vehicle that is too much for that person to handle.  Really?

By the way, there is no evidence in the OP that the bike was "too much for him to handle".  Regardless of your sarcasm, he may have hit a patch of oil, or diesel, or some gravel, or swerved to avoid some hazard, etc.  There may have been a problem with the bike, PDIs aren't infallible, you know.

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

So, using that odd logic, everyone who has an accident in or on any type of vehicle is using a vehicle that is too much for that person to handle.  Really?

By the way, there is no evidence in the OP that the bike was "too much for him to handle".  Regardless of your sarcasm, he may have hit a patch of oil, or diesel, or some gravel, or swerved to avoid some hazard, etc.  There may have been a problem with the bike, PDIs aren't infallible, you know.

No it was definitely black ice and if he was alive it would of been brake failure.nothing to do with inexperience on a brand new bike.

On 6/13/2019 at 7:17 AM, Just Weird said:

"In this case he probably died because lack of driving skills and high speed"

How can you possibly know that was probable?  And speculation doesn't count.

Your such a hypocrite.in post 39 you waffle on about he could of hit oil,diesel or gravel or there might of been a problem with the bike.it that ain't speculation what is.stop trying to bait everyone and get a life.

1 hour ago, happy chappie said:

Your such a hypocrite.in post 39 you waffle on about he could of hit oil,diesel or gravel or there might of been a problem with the bike.it that ain't speculation what is.stop trying to bait everyone and get a life.

I wasn't speculating, you were, try to get it in context. 

I was just suggesting equally likely events that could have happened in response to your speculation so that you could understand how little sense there was in your remark.  Nothing hypocritical at all.  To be hypocritical I would have to have said "this is what probably happened...", I didn't.

"...get a life".

Isn't it odd that those who have a different opinion to me, or just don't like what I post, so often resort to insults and accusations of baiting when the real baiting/trolling started with their own remarks that they can't back up if questioned about?

What does "could of" mean?

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I wasn't speculating, you were, try to get it in context. 

I was just suggesting equally likely events that could have happened in response to your speculation so that you could understand how little sense there was in your remark.  Nothing hypocritical at all.  To be hypocritical I would have to have said "this is what probably happened...", I didn't.

"...get a life".

Isn't it odd that those who have a different opinion to me, or just don't like what I post, so often resort to insults and accusations of baiting when the real baiting/trolling started with their own remarks that they can't back up if questioned about?

What does "could of" mean?

Blah,bla,blah now jog on dear chap.

We had a lad turned up at my school the other day at lunchtime with a brand new bike - I don't know much about bikes, but this was a proper one with a big fuel tank behind the handlebars, not a step-through with the tank under the seat. He was from another school, but since he was still in boy scout uniform couldn't be more than 15. He was showing off to a gaggle of our girls (M2 and M3 - including my daughter). A couple of the Thai teachers told him to go away. He expressed his disdain by roaring off at high speed, weaving through the traffic at speed - no helmet of course - I give him three months max!

I don't suppose he had a license. I know him, from a wealthy family (parents own a couple of resorts). He left my school under a bit of a cloud last year - various things including posting photos of himself masturbating on a girls "line chatgroup". I dobbed him into the nuns for that ( RC school ) after I discovered the photos on my tablet, which I had lent to my daughter.

I can understand - to a point - young kids being allowed to ride bikes to school in rural areas, where there may be no other alternative, but this is in the middle of Chiang Rai, a city with a pretty good public transport system. Why are they allowed to ride like this? I confess that I dislike the little creature intensely, but I don't want to see him dead!

Archived