World Class Pattaya: State of the art light rail network to meet incoming tourists

webfact

37 minutes ago, BestB said:

All for it BUT either one means more traffic jams.

If it’s a tram, roads are already narrow, laying tracks will create massive gridlocks.

same applies to elevated system , not to mention flooding.

hope I see either one operational in my life time 

YOU will NOT see....end of story...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they can actually build it in Pattaya it will ease the congestion considerably

Singapore has a great overhead light rail system, no way could they manage over 5m people on such a tiny Island and get them to and from work every day without it 

LRT.jpg

17 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

You don't think every business in Pattaya pays taxes?  They collect tax on my bank accounts every year at a Pattaya bank.  Vat tax is paid by everyone I think?  So actually unless you are not in Thailand or Pattaya - you are completely wrong.  

A fair comment. ????

I wasn't thinking about indirect taxation (the taxes government impose supplemental to income taxes). Unavoidable yes.

I was thinking about income tax, and yes I paid my share when I was salaried here with Ford on the Ranger programme. 

More so the daily wages paid on the street.

Working wages.

A lot of black money and undeclared income obviously. 

(My wife gets paid daily, cash, plus all tips, and top up if the farangs have gone home. Thais don't tip.)

I understand why many work for larger companies, because they have benefits and yes taxes. 

Cash in hand is a major reason that many Thais have no pension benefits or unemployment benefits, sickness benefits. 

I'm sure that trillions are recouped from industry and big business. ????

On 6/12/2019 at 9:42 AM, VocalNeal said:

There is already a railway line just add a nice station and some rolling stock and.....

The Chinese want to come here and remember what China used to be like?

thort there was  TOURIST TRAIN  that operates weekends from Bkk to Patts...is it still working??

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

That sounds unlikely. Chinese tourists are usually in large groups being herded around and stay together. More likely Japanese, Korean, maybe HK and Taiwan or Singaporean Chinese. 

Yeah I was surprised too. My friend could ofcourse me misinformed regarding the Chinese taking all the pretty girls. But he would not be misinformed about the prices going up 2x 3x. This is firsthand experience and he goes there every year.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, Orton Rd said:

Can't fix the pavements or stop pumping crap into the sea but are going for this monstrosity, guess there is money to be made!

Of course there is money to be made; loadsacash. Why else would they build it?

The Skytrain caused congestion along Sukhumvit for years, and in Pattaya it would be worse as narrower roads. Sukhumvit was 6 lane, Second Rd in Pattaya is only 4, or is it 3- memory freeze, others less.

Welcome to the nightmare.

BTW, a monorail as in the picture is not light rail. I think the Skytrain is light rail.

PS, where would they put the stairs? Pavements too narrow as it is.

On 6/12/2019 at 4:14 PM, natway09 said:

I agree that for a tourist resort it looks bloody awful.

How about spending some of that money on a proper separation & waste water plant first 

Yes, fix the waste water, sewerage and of course the flooding first.

On 6/11/2019 at 9:23 PM, webfact said:

Tourists arriving by train would be whisked to their destination on the new system,

Well...maybe that will keep the tourist from going past all the piles of rubbish on their way to their destination. Not sure how to keep them from seeing the disaster that are the Pattaya beaches however.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:26 AM, kcpattaya said:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
When Khun Itipon was campaigning to become Mayor of Pattaya in 2008, one of his election promises was to install a monorail network here in Pattaya.

Further updates about Pattaya's "White elephant": Stay tuned on ThaiVisa for more.

i bet all the normal , ordinary ,  working , Pattaya residents were absolutely insisting on that as an urgent priority . !

Archived