Pattaya: Hotel manager stole nearly 40,000 baht in cash from room of tourist

webfact

Pattaya: Hotel manager stole nearly 40,000 baht in cash from room of tourist

4pm.jpg
Picture: Ruksiam news

News media in Pattaya have reported the arrest of a 39 year old hotel manageress who stole 35,000 baht and $100 dollars in cash from the room of an Argentinian tourist. 

Sathida "Sanda" Sae-tia was arrested outside McDonald's yesterday after fleeing the "Chachacha Hotel".

In an effort at mitigation she claimed to have borrowed the money from the tourist whom she said she knew.

Irina Cueva, 22, woke up last Thursday to find that the money was missing from a locker in her room, Room B. 

She confronted the manageress who admitted taking it - she promised to return it. 

When she didn't, and fled the hotel, the tourist went to the police. 

A video on "The Pattaya News" showed a woman being interviewed by investigators. 

Thaivisa notes that there is a place called the Cha Cha Cha Hostel on second road in Pattaya.

Source: Ruksiam news

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-12

A hostel room with multiple bunk beds and simple wooden lockers next to the door.

I would not feel too good to keep 40000 in there.

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Sounds Russian to me.

Yes, but Facebook finds Irina Cueva in Peru and Argentine.

And Cueva? Who knows.

Another good news for the 1st class Pattaya resort!
When will the authorities understand that we need to pick the weed if they want to reach the desired goal?
Prostitution is not the problem, the other crimes are much worse!

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

As bad as hiding a dropped 1000 baht note with your foot?

Yes but this story will be no where to be heard on Thai TV news stations, where as the stupid 1000 or is it 2000 baht foreigner will be headline news!!!!

1 hour ago, Knee Jerk Reaction said:

'In an effort at mitigation she claimed to have borrowed the money from the tourist whom she said she knew'.

I'll buy that ????

But cant repay it now as the tourist is deceased, Watch this space!

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

A hostel room with multiple bunk beds and simple wooden lockers next to the door.

I would not feel too good to keep 40000 in there.

Yes, but Facebook finds Irina Cueva in Peru and Argentine.

And Cueva? Who knows.

Cueva is a good old Spanish South American surname.

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

As bad as hiding a dropped 1000 baht note with your foot?

No, this was a Thai. The B20 note at Friendship was an alien - no work permit (to put the foot anywhere) and article 112 looming. In as much as the foreign old geezer's behaviour is unacceptable the difference is, that he did not steal it. He should have mentioned to the lady or even picked it up and handed it back; the hotel staff though broke into the privacy of a guest's room and stole the money.

Hence, the foreigner should be handed down 200 years of jail, the hotel staff - as a first time offencer - a hefty B500!

12 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I wonder if the thai netizens are out in force over this and are branding it as much "typical" as they branded the foreigner that put his foot over a lost bill at a supermarket yesterday. Of course, nothing is right, but my guess is that it will be very little comments from the Thais on this.

Up in CM they had a chinese guy stealing shoes at a Temple .... but as he was a quality tourist seems the Netizens outrage was ........................................ well I guess there was NO RAGE.

Funny how that works  :thumbsup:

13 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

No, this was a Thai. The B20 note at Friendship was an alien - no work permit (to put the foot anywhere) and article 112 looming. In as much as the foreign old geezer's behaviour is unacceptable the difference is, that he did not steal it. He should have mentioned to the lady or even picked it up and handed it back; the hotel staff though broke into the privacy of a guest's room and stole the money.

Hence, the foreigner should be handed down 200 years of jail, the hotel staff - as a first time offencer - a hefty B500!

Yes, stealing a note on the ground Vs stealing money from a locked room.

What I really want to know, why no racial slur used in the headline for the Thai criminal?

What is the Argentinian lady doing in Pattaya ? I would switch with her if I could.

Argentina is beautiful. Maybe we can dance some Argentine tango . 

On 6/13/2019 at 7:40 AM, BritManToo said:

Yes, stealing a note on the ground Vs stealing money from a locked room.

What I really want to know, why no racial slur used in the headline for the Thai criminal?

They hate Farang whereas the Farang is not allowed to express, what he really hates or loves. Thais are a super race and they push that issue on a daily basis. What, do you think, is the 90 days notification for if not for the sole purpose to tell the alien, who is who on the (Thai) banana boat? Why, in 99% of the cases, a law suit is dealt with in favour of the local? Why cant an alien get financing on vehicles or condos despite being in many cases able to prove his financial strength and ability. Why does a retiree need to prove B 800K which is eight times more than the minimum wage of a Thai (who, in many cases does not even earn this as he is being exploited by a Thai-Chinese employer).

All this is known to everybody on the way in to Thailand (or can be read up); hence no surprises and I can live with all this. Is it fair = no. But the day will come when this fairy tale, which is being told to the Thais by their superior powers, will come to a screeching end.

Archived