Steps for extension of stay based on marriage

Question Please,

I have a multiple entry non o visa based on marriage from the Thai embassy in Laos.

Can someone please explain the next steps needed at immigration to get a one year extension of stay based on marriage? We will be going to Amant Charoen immigration. Are there any application forms that I can find or any other information would be greatly helpful.  Thank you in advance for help.

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your non-o visa.

You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months on the date you apply or proof of 40k baht income.

You will need 2 completed TM7 forms. Download, complete and print 2 sided this Fillable TM7 form.pdf

When you apply for the extension and is accepted you will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days from the date you current permit to stay ends (Amnat rule).

My general list of documents and etc is here. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

You are the best!! Thank you so much Ubonjoe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your non-o visa.

You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months on the date you apply or proof of 40k baht income.

You will need 2 completed TM7 forms. Download, complete and print 2 sided this Fillable TM7 form.pdf

When you apply for the extension and is accepted you will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days from the date you current permit to stay ends (Amnat rule).

My general list of documents and etc is here. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

spot on as always

Or, you can simply cross a border for a few minutes and come back in and get another 90 days free and no questions asked about money.
Hi Barry. I have been wondering about this. I just get the initial multi entry visa from Ho Chi Minh or somewhere and then leave and enter again before the 90 days are up? I will not need to bother with Thai immigration at all except at the border of course. Cheers

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 minutes ago, Chrisdoc said:

Hi Barry. I have been wondering about this. I just get the initial multi entry visa from Ho Chi Minh or somewhere and then leave and enter again before the 90 days are up? I will not need to bother with Thai immigration at all except at the border of course. Cheers

Correct. I don't know how far you are from a border- I'm lucky and am less than two hours from Mukdahan/Savannakhet - but you can either do a quick nip over and back (don't try Poipet), or you can take a little break somewhere nearby (such as HCM). I'm off to Singapore for 36 hours for my next get-out-of-the country trip. Last year I stopped at an airport hotel in KL overnight. Neither of those even needed a visa to waste a page in the passport.

• Like 1

Thanks Barry. Have been doing METV runs for a while but getting married now. Close to Koh Kong so easy. Had heard of this but seemed too good to be true. Thanks for answer. Cheers

Correct. I don't know how far you are from a border- I'm lucky and am less than two hours from Mukdahan/Savannakhet - but you can either do a quick nip over and back (don't try Poipet), or you can take a little break somewhere nearby (such as HCM). I'm off to Singapore for 36 hours for my next get-out-of-the country trip. Last year I stopped at an airport hotel in KL overnight. Neither of those even needed a visa to waste a page in the passport.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 9:22 AM, ubonjoe said:

Joe, the 1st page in your list says; "Proof of income letter from your embassy" but the US embassy doesn't issue those any more. This will be my 1st year seeking an extension based on income earned here in Thailand. What do I need from my employer besides the contract? If it helps, I'll be applying at the brand new Nakhon Nayok office (opened about 2-3 months ago) staffed by officers from the Choackensoa (<-spelling) office where we always used to go since they took over for SaKoaw. My wife and I both work in Bangkok but live in Nakhon Nayok.

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Joe, the 1st page in your list says; "Proof of income letter from your embassy" but the US embassy doesn't issue those any more.

I have not updated it for new income options for those that cannot get proof of income from their embassy.

For those working here it varies a lot from office to office and there are very few reports about it.

You will need proof of tax payments for at least the past 3 months and your annual tax return if you were working last year.

Many offices want a copy of the company registration and some more than that from the company.

Best to make a trip to the office and ask what they require.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I have no updated it for new income options for those that cannot get proof of income from their embassy.

For those working here it varies a lot from office to office and there are very few reports about it.

You will need proof of tax payments for at least the past 3 months and your annual tax return if you were working last year.

Many offices want a copy of the company registration and some more than that from the company.

Best to make a trip to the office and ask what they require.

Thank you Joe. What happens when you don't have taxes taken out of your salary on a monthly basis? My wife and I file together every year as we still have a mortgage on our 2nd home and her salary isn't that high. (she's a teacher also) We have yearly tax receipts from the tax office. Also, this is the 1st year I  have taken a full time position. Working a partial year gets taxed at a much lower rate.

23 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

What happens when you don't have taxes taken out of your salary on a monthly basis?

You application would not be accepted in most cases.

If you were claiming income from income earned by working for your own company only proof of that income would be needed since you might not be doing monthly tax payments.

24 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

We have yearly tax receipts from the tax office.

The would be your tax return for last year. You have to prove your income for 2 or 3 months before you do the application since it is a new year.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You application would not be accepted in most cases.

If you were claiming income from income earned by working for your own company only proof of that income would be needed since you might not be doing monthly tax payments.

The would be your tax return for last year. You have to prove your income for 2 or 3 months before you do the application since it is a new year.

So I would have to stop by the tax office and pay them tax for 3 months? (started May 1st and applying the beginning of August)