Udon Thani: German pensioner electrocuted trying to do his own pump repairs

webfact

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Just don't forget to switch your power off! 

That is the last thing to be connected as I plug it in.

My local Somchai fixit brought the Hitachi back this afternoon and the repair cost was only 500 baht and he delivered it personally.

A great fixer of anything electrical including water pumps, washing machines, TV sets etc.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hugocnx said:

See my ridiculous explanation just above your intelligent response. It is not about accidents that happen. No, these accidents can be avoided. Do you have a circuit breaker in your living area? Government should make them mandatory.

I have a Safe-T-Cut about 1 metre away from my desk followed by a circuit breaker box that isolates a/c, shower heaters, lights and sockets individually or in groups.

1 hour ago, hugocnx said:

Government should make them mandatory.

Oddly enough, they are, at least on new installations.

Just like back home, the regulations are not retrospective.

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Oddly enough, they are, at least on new installations.

Just like back home, the regulations are not retrospective.

As I wrote myself >>All electrical installations should imo have mandatory circuit breakers (maybe already declared a law).<<

Yes, I know it's not all that easy and if a new law isn't that harsh it is easier to have it retrospective.

Silly example maybe, but true; The law on wearing a helmet when riding a moped or heavier 2 wheeler. Nobody was wearing one; protected by the Gods. Now suddenly everyone must buy a helmet and wear it. For what? Not to possibly die in an accident? Does the government care?

A circuit breaker is more expensive and that hurts for many Thai. So should the government not subsidize to protect it's citizens.

It feels like a double standard. It's okay to die from electrocution but not when having a traffic accident.

Okay, enough.

49 minutes ago, hugocnx said:

As I wrote myself >>All electrical installations should imo have mandatory circuit breakers (maybe already declared a law).<<

Yes, I know it's not all that easy and if a new law isn't that harsh it is easier to have it retrospective.

Silly example maybe, but true; The law on wearing a helmet when riding a moped or heavier 2 wheeler. Nobody was wearing one; protected by the Gods. Now suddenly everyone must buy a helmet and wear it. For what? Not to possibly die in an accident? Does the government care?

A circuit breaker is more expensive and that hurts for many Thai. So should the government not subsidize to protect it's citizens.

It feels like a double standard. It's okay to die from electrocution but not when having a traffic accident.

Okay, enough.

My house water pump is simply a socket connected to our second house.

Having said that it runs through a 6 way cct breaker box and before that is a Safe-T-Cut out box.

56 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Having said that it runs through a 6 way cct breaker box and before that is a Safe-T-Cut out box.

56 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Way to go. If you get a shot at least you won't die. It almost feels like a real shot; got some myself. Just stupidity.

Archived