German motorbike driver dies on Patong Hill, Phuket

webfact

6 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Sorry, but no, it doesn't say otherwise. 

It does say that, statistically, 45 Britons out of every 100,000 were arrested or detained, that's 0.045%.  In other words, statistically, there's a negligible chance of it happening, 99.955% of Britons will be fine.

3 hours ago, Enoon said:

Perhaps the CCTV will reveal how the motorcyclist and motorcycle manged to end up so far back from what seems to be the (presumed?) post-impact stopping point of the pick-up, and even further back from the presumed point of impact (which the policeman is indicating?).

Kinetic energy.

How many times is this going to happen here before tourist think they can handle driving here.  Every day it seems that some foreign die on the roads here.  Wake up, Foreigners on motorcycles and Thai drivers don't mix.

14 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Yinn's talking specifics, not generalities, it seems from what was reported in the OP Yinn could be right, not "stupid"!

Edit: It also seems that since I made that comment an update has been posted that could implicate the pickup driver but at the time Yinn made the comment it was not stupid.

Richard Smith say same as me. But Smedley not say about Richard is stupid.

i think Smedley hate the thai people. So he say to me, not to Richard. 

A lot of people hate the thai people on this thaivisa. Complain everyday about thai people. Sad life to have. 

I meet many farang before,they like thai people. Only one who hate thai people like that. He marry the bar girl and lose his money. Not clever. But he say Thai people are the stupid.

i still think that the German make the accident. The third photo can see it. 

But when somebody have die in the road, the law say that the police must charge it. Then decide it later how it happen.

21 hours ago, smedly said:

Yes Thais obey all the road laws and never have accidents - right ?

what a stupid comment

Yes farangs obey all the road laws and never have accidents- right?

what a stupid comment.

On 6/12/2019 at 10:43 AM, Valentine said:

It is possible the pick up driver veered slightly to the right after hitting the motorbike

Agreed. The laws of physics would suggest that heavy impact to the front corner of the truck would alter its path in that direction and it would therefore change courses as it slowed to a stop. 

23 hours ago, Yinn said:

The last photograph show where it hit. The Thai not make it happen.

The thai not drunk, maybe the German drunk. On holiday, like to drink. Maybe not have lisense.

What a wild, silly, unbelievable post to make with no knowledge whatsoever! .......Amazed at your post.

This is a general statement but never have I seen more aggressive driving than by Thais passing on solid lines racing around corners and generally with absolutely no regard for motorbikes which offer little threat to them.  In short the idiotic driving on roads here is almost beyond belief.  And I am increasingly seeing stupidity by farangs with dark tinted windows and reckless driving as well.  The lawlessness and lack of enforcement continues.

Archived