Visit to Jomtien Immigration to Show Bank Book 90 Days after Extension

Haha, yes I thought the updated passbook would suffice. 

They can put that pile of paperwork on the already mountainous pile. 

(They get commissions from the copy shop!) 

Thanks for feedback.

• Like 1

To the OP, thanks for the very informative report.

I want to ask you if they require you to show up later to monitor the 400K level that is now required after the initial 3 months after at 800K. I assume not because you didn't mention it, but just in case, I'm asking. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I want to ask you if they require you to show up later to monitor the 400K level that is now required after the initial 3 months after at 800K. I assume not because you didn't mention it, but just in case, I'm asking. 

I  think everyone should  pile in their daily  with receipts for what theyve spent to totally screw up their daft systems.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:09 AM, Jingthing said:

No. 

I went today and was also asked for some copies but unlike the OP she said only last 2 pages of account book and the latest visa (not passport detail page which was attached anyway to back of the form from 3 months ago).

I think (maybe wishful thinking) that they may well get fed up with this. No number was given by the front desk so you have to insert yourself into their consciousness whilst they are dealing with someone else and then sit down and wait. Ok at the moment as very quiet on this desk. 

No follow up requested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2019 at 10:47 AM, jacko45k said:

Haha, yes I thought the updated passbook would suffice. 

They can put that pile of paperwork on the already mountainous pile. 

(They get commissions from the copy shop!) 

Thanks for feedback.

They now have a copier inside the office and charge a very reasonable 3 baht per copy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topt said:

They now have a copier inside the office and charge a very reasonable 3 baht per copy.

Yes, whether you need them or not. ????

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 11:15 AM, Chazar said:

I  think everyone should  pile in their daily  with receipts for what theyve spent to totally screw up their daft systems.

I bet you would give in before they did. 

On 6/12/2019 at 11:15 AM, Chazar said:

Had to do that years ago on leaving the DDR, use to go in at least every 14 days for over 2 years..... all checkpoint Immigration officers were the same, must have receipt for everything. mostly went by underground, East German Tram was slow but could get some great photos, sometimes would drive myself = that was another load of rules to follow.. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2019 at 11:09 AM, Jingthing said:

They never said I had to come back again and I never asked so assume I will be ok until my next retirement extension

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from another post

• 2 weeks later...

On that appointment form that @Thailand J posted above, where it says "Passport Copy" ... "-Last Visa", do they mean the last extension, or do they want the original visa (possibly from many years ago)?

13 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

On that appointment form that @Thailand J posted above, where it says "Passport Copy" ... "-Last Visa", do they mean the last extension, or do they want the original visa (possibly from many years ago)?

The most recent extension.

• Thanks 1