Expat takes a musical pop at Thai government: Gets a million views and counting

webfact

Lyrics - Return Happiness to Thailand.

The day that the nation and the king. The mass of people came to escape from danger.
Please take care of your heart. This is a promise.
Today, the nation faces a disaster. The fire burned up everywhere.
Let's be the one who came in. May not give a call.

To bring love back How long does it take.
Please wait Will cross over the feud.

We will follow the contract. Request time soon.
Then the beautiful land will return.

We will do honestly. May you just trust and believe.
The land will be good soon. Returning happiness to her people.

Today I have to be tired. Will fight against danger.
The military nation did not give up. This is a promise.
Today, the nation faces a bully. The fire burned up everywhere.
Let's be the one who came in. May not give a call.

The land will be good soon. Happiness will come back .. Thailand

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

He should be blacklisted- for that hat!

Indeed, I have long held the view that for anyone over 25 to wear a baseball cap should be a criminal offence.

To wear one backwards should be a capital offence!

57 minutes ago, namatjira said:

Sadly for him the national anthem is a sacred song for the Thais...

It’s a very shameful thing for him to play around with, not that he will be doing too much of laying around in Thailand anymore...how stupid can someone be ?

he has brought the national anthem into disrepute....

he’s finished in Thailand......

It's not the national anthem 

However, I agree that he will probably draw much unwanted drama to himself. The government will not be happy.

Apparently he's been told by the government to apologise. Apologise to whom, I wonder? My missus made sure when she voted that the party she chose would have nothing to do with the junta. No need to aplologise to her. 

7 minutes ago, kotsak said:

From what I read on his FB he's been already rounded up and had to sign a "I'm sorry" document ????

Yeap, and he's included the 'Thai people' in his apology. Many Thais must be wondering, "apologising for what?".

Don't you just love democracy? 

from his fb:

"Yan Marchal

The previous message was a bit short as the two policemen who visited me wouldn't leave before I posted it. Here is a more detailed account of what happened.

One policeman came to visit me, later joined by another policeman. They had been waiting outside of my house for much of the day but I had not seen them - sorry for wasting their time. Upon opening, I made a Facebook live for my own safety (it was just a black car, I did not even know the man inside was a policeman, nor what his intents were).

After it was clear that there was no foul play, I informed him about this Facebook Live and agreed to delete it on his request. The policemen were courteous, they had no animosity against me, they were just doing the job they had been tasked with.

That job consisted in having me sign an "agreement', of which I posted the English version here, or else they would report to their hierarchy that I refused to sign.

I did sign. First, I won't pick a fight that I cannot win and would only result either in legal trouble, or visa cancellation, or both.

Second, I was planning to take a break from posting about politics anyway after the latest clip I posted went viral way beyond my expectations. That clip made many more people laugh than it made people angry, but still, it made a few people angry, and I derive no pleasure from that. My satisfaction is rather in being funny and assertive - which is harder to achieve when people get inflamed. I'd rather let things cool down, to be able to engage with people in a more constructive manner.

Feel free to comment on this post but I may not answer publicly.. Happy to talk in private with anybody who so desires.

Peace, everybody."

shame on junta

I tip my hat to him and hope all goes well for him. The big P is not known for his sense of humour and has wafer thin skin. If he’s not already left the country he’d be wise to set up camp in his embassy. 

Archived