Stopped On Re-entry For Too Many Tourist Visas

I had something similar written on my arrival card in both Thai and English .

"Only allowed to stay for 14 days" it had written on the arrival card .

I stayed for 30 days and extended my visa and stayed for another 30 days 

• Haha 1

As far I know they tend to scribble this in people their passport in case they attempt to return without any visa at all.
So with other words; you should be fine when returning with a visa, still I would avoid airports.

I been quite notorious with my visa's and overstays in the past and they scribbled all kind of things, no issue.
I always stick to the rule of the thumb with 2 tourist visa's, 2 border runs per year though, certainly when from near by countries.

Edited by tabarin

3 minutes ago, Khun Ed said:

The big issue for me was am I on some kind of black list? What are my options. Can I apply for a tourist visa in the UK so I can come back in a few month to get an ed visa or a marriage cert?

Grow some balls and just come back with a visa, you will most likely be fine. Certainly if not via airport.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomasThBKK said:

i guess he is, there's no law giving them any authority here to cut down visa times.

Well it was more about defacement wrt writing in there. I doubt that is a problem to get the Ambassador involved in!

23 minutes ago, Khun Ed said:

The big issue for me was am I on some kind of black list? What are my options. Can I apply for a tourist visa in the UK so I can come back in a few month to get an ed visa or a marriage cert?

You won't be going on any blacklist. Also understand that the embassy in UK are not thai immigration. Meaning just because you obtain visa does not guarantee you will be admitted into Thailand. The longer in UK the better. 

With regards the marriage route. After marriage you will obtain a non o based on marriage to Thai. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

OP there is current thread in this forum outlining steps for obtain non o (marriage) then before 90 day expiry of visa applying for 12 month extension. Ubon and others have given step by step guide. Even the forms required. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Grow some balls and just come back with a visa, you will most likely be fine. Certainly if not via airport.

Oh yeah! spend a fortune on flights just to be turned awaya again!!!!!!!

If you mean just from Malaysia. The last visa trip I did i went through DM and the officer almost had a heart attack and said 'no more visa trips'

Edited by Khun Ed

In regards to comparisons between staying in Thailand on tourist visas and whether the same could be done in my own country Australia I can only offer anecdotal examples of friends that essentially live here simply because they have the ample amounts of either investments and/or external sources of income to do so.  It may not be the "official" thing to do from certain legal perspectives in Australia however the financial perspective wins here, as can be observed from properties, once upon a time public sector companies and at times freeways being bought by overseas investors.  This is just my observation of the landscape and I'm attempting to keep it objective without putting in my own opinion either way as to whether the aforementioned specifics are good, bad, right or wrong. 

At a smaller more individual level, if people are bringing money from outside of Australia and not working here (ie. in the context of the definition of work being that their income is coming from Australian people and/or companies as opposed to managing businesses outside Australia that are bringing money here.  I have not known anyone to have any issues at all and on the contrary are, perhaps "informally," quite welcome here and encounter little to no hassle.  In my experience its always been the latter but there are probably exceptions. 

Permanent residency and citizenship, though Australia has strict criteria, is also possible at a far higher percentage of success if those criteria are met.  Once again anecdotal but the people I know who are able to show that they either have a sufficiently large flow of external income that does not look as if it will cease until death from what I have seen do not experience the strictness that those that cannot do.  The "welcome" may not be on the level of a salesman with their foot in your door but in the "jumping through the hoops" of criteria there has always been an eager helping hand to boost them through the hoop.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Yeahbutwhytho said:

So you had a tourist visa, correct? Then what did he stamp for your 'max 24 hours in the country' - did it have a 30 day 'in' stamp 

A scribble on your passport is not an entry pass? This story makes no sense 

Follow the story from page 1. I was on my way to Kl to get a tourist visa. I did not have an overstay. She wrote that on my way out. See image. The officer was not friendly before he saw my pp

• Like 1