Stopped On Re-entry For Too Many Tourist Visas

59 minutes ago, tfc said:

In regards to comparisons between staying in Thailand on tourist visas and whether the same could be done in my own country Australia I can only offer anecdotal examples of friends that essentially live here simply because they have the ample amounts of either investments and/or external sources of income to do so.  It may not be the "official" thing to do from certain legal perspectives in Australia however the financial perspective wins here, as can be observed from properties, once upon a time public sector companies and at times freeways being bought by overseas investors.  This is just my observation of the landscape and I'm attempting to keep it objective without putting in my own opinion either way as to whether the aforementioned specifics are good, bad, right or wrong. 

At a smaller more individual level, if people are bringing money from outside of Australia and not working here (ie. in the context of the definition of work being that their income is coming from Australian people and/or companies as opposed to managing businesses outside Australia that are bringing money here.  I have not known anyone to have any issues at all and on the contrary are, perhaps "informally," quite welcome here and encounter little to no hassle.  In my experience its always been the latter but there are probably exceptions. 

Permanent residency and citizenship, though Australia has strict criteria, is also possible at a far higher percentage of success if those criteria are met.  Once again anecdotal but the people I know who are able to show that they either have a sufficiently large flow of external income that does not look as if it will cease until death from what I have seen do not experience the strictness that those that cannot do.  The "welcome" may not be on the level of a salesman with their foot in your door but in the "jumping through the hoops" of criteria there has always been an eager helping hand to boost them through the hoop.

59 minutes ago, tfc said:

Yes. If I wanted to splash the cash there is the Elite visa which offers you a much easier stay. Although due to bad investmens that's a splash too far right now.

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

No! Thai embassies/consulates are a terrible source of advice on how to deal with Thai immigration. Trust them only on the services they provide themselves.

In the short term, you can continue to use tourist visas, but will need to enter Thailand by land. One reasonable routing is a ticket to Kuala Lumpur, then Air Asia to Vientiane, cross to Nong Khai, and onward travel via Udon airport.

Now I have this 24 hour statement warning in my passport it's probably unlikely I'd be allowed in at any entrance. I will go back to the UK for a while and see what lawyers say. I have ben offered a 90 day business visa which is then converted to a marriage visa - no prices given yet. Also considering Ed visa.

7 minutes ago, Khun Ed said:

Follow the story from page 1. I was on my way to Kl to get a tourist visa. I did not have an overstay. She wrote that on my way out. See image. The officer was not friendly before he saw my pp

I see, so it was on the way out, even funnier - 24hours limit? How does one even go about redeeming 24 hour stay with a scribble, this is bizarre 

2 minutes ago, Yeahbutwhytho said:

What do you mean? You got a 24 hours, you can't even get denied you have a scribble

Couldnt you just read the O.P. to get an understanding of the situation  , rather than keep on asking questions ?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Yes, the passport is British  Government property , does a Thai I.O have the authority to write whatever he wants in a persons passport ?

Yes, he has to write the Visa type every time you enter, and gets to stamp it.

Sort of related. Met a guy today who claims he was told by a female IO in swampy that they had stopped issuing 30 day extensions on a VE entry and he would have to go to his own country after 30 days and get a visa. His outbound ticket is dated 6 weeks from now.

No-one believes it but he is concerned about it.

Edited by overherebc

Get a TV in Penang (after confirming supporting paperwork) and try coming in on Malay/Thai land border..but avoid Sadao/Pedang Besar which seem to be hardline right now...try a road less travelled border...

Give it a try before thinking you need to go UK if you have the time.

"Stopped On Re-entry For Too Many Tourist Visas"

should it not be for clarity...

"Stopped On Exit For Too Many Tourist Visas"

...sounds like you got bounced coming in but it was an IO comment going out...

Edited by freedomnow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Sort of related. Met a guy today who claims he was told by a female IO in swampy that they had stopped issuing 30 day extensions on a VE entry and he would have to go to his own country after 30 days and get a visa. His outbound ticket is dated 6 weeks from now.

Well, it will soon show up on TV, if that is the case... believe it when I see it...those 2 int. airports just make it up as they go along.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Well, it will soon show up on TV, if that is the case... believe it when I see it...those 2 int. airports just make it up as they go along.

As I say nobody believes it's true but if you don't have the confidence to smile and just say ok I'll change my ticket and fly home then walk away and ignore it it can, for some, be a worry.

17 minutes ago, Khun Ed said:

To be honest there are only a few posts that help on here and thanks to those. I cannot re-neter Thailand.

Until when? How? There are more questions than answers. Thanks to the constructive

Haha, whatever....well you know what they say....if you believe you can, you can...if you believe you cannot, then you cannot...stuff that gets writen in passport gets ignored on entry with a visa.

Just some IO off-the-cuff crap that has never been another thing to deal with on TV to navigate living here.

GOOD
BYE

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khun Ed said:

To be honest there are only a few posts that help on here and thanks to those. I cannot re-neter Thailand.

Until when? How? There are more questions than answers. Thanks to the constructive

What the....

Many people have spent time effort in trying to help. Personally I have suggested things from border runs to marriage (which you said was an option). Gave reference to other threads. 

Then many helpful posts from many members. Think it was BritTim beat to punch suggesting next entry from home trip. Home country to KL then 1000baht AirAsia to Vientiane. etc etc

There are more questions than answers because your trying to get around things. Long term. 

Then you spit dummy about many people trying to assist. 

You have been extremely lucky in past. Personally I hope not so lucky future with attitude.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What the....

Many people have spent time effort in trying to help. Personally I have suggested things from border runs to marriage (which you said was an option). Gave reference to other threads. 

Then many helpful posts from many members. Think it was BritTim beat to punch suggesting next entry from home trip. Home country to KL then 1000baht AirAsia to Vientiane. etc etc

There are more questions than answers because your trying to get around things. Long term. 

Then you spit dummy about many people trying to assist. 

You have been extremely lucky in past. Personally I hope not so lucky future with attitude.

Read the post again. I said there had abeen a FEW good comments. Like those you mentioned especially and yours previously. Get over yourself. If you read every comment like I have, most are good intentioned . A few are helpful like the above you mentioned. Im thankful for those.

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

Haha, whatever....well you know what they say....if you believe you can, you can...if you believe you cannot, then you cannot...stuff that gets writen in passport gets ignored on entry with a visa.

Just some IO off-the-cuff crap that has never been another thing to deal with on TV to navigate living here.

GOOD
BYE

you really think if I enter Thailand in 2 months on a thai visa they will ignore what's been written?

6 hours ago, Khun Ed said:

Now I have this 24 hour statement warning in my passport it's probably unlikely I'd be allowed in at any entrance. I will go back to the UK for a while and see what lawyers say. I have ben offered a 90 day business visa which is then converted to a marriage visa - no prices given yet. Also considering Ed visa.

Lawyers will simply take your money and be of little help in this, except to point out that the 24 hour comment isn't an issue, other than possibly in relation to that particular visa. 

The UK embassy won't be able to help, and in any event their advice is frequently inconsistent with immigration practice on the ground here. Furthermore, any visa application you make in the UK after this week has to go through the new e-visa system - I think I read this involves getting a decision from Bangkok rather than at a local level. The whole system is as yet untested, but it might be best to try and procure visas regionally in the short term if you want to try a bit longer on tourist visas and have things to take care of in Thailand. 

If you're back in the UK, a new passport would erase visible evidence of the visa history and the 24 hour remark, which would at least avoid higher level scrutiny at embassies and border points.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Lawyers will simply take your money and be of little help in this, except to point out that the 24 hour comment isn't an issue, other than possibly in relation to that particular visa. 

The UK embassy won't be able to help, and in any event their advice is frequently inconsistent with immigration practice on the ground here. Furthermore, any visa application you make in the UK after this week has to go through the new e-visa system - I think I read this involves getting a decision from Bangkok rather than at a local level. The whole system is as yet untested, but it might be best to try and procure visas regionally in the short term if you want to try a bit longer on tourist visas and have things to take care of in Thailand. 

If you're back in the UK, a new passport would erase visible evidence of the visa history and the 24 hour remark, which would at least avoid higher level scrutiny at embassies and border points.

Thanks Ive been thinking the same.

3 hours ago, Khun Ed said:

You've been given very helpful advice which you are ignoring. A poster has shared his experience of having something similar written in his passport which was ignored by other immigration officers. Another poster has suggested flying to Vientiane and crossing the land border, which you've rejected based on nothing. A female immigration officer at a small airport has taken it upon herself to write a message in your passport which has no legal validity. What do you have to lose by getting a cheap flight to Vientiane and attempting to cross the border? If you get turned away (which is highly unlikely assuming you haven't used up your 2 visa exempts by land that are allowed each year) take a holiday in Luang Prabang and book a flight back to the UK. 

Do you mean the poster who said that he had a 14 day warning written on a peice of paper in his passport? (if not let me know) Ive been chatting with him since (24 hours is more serious).  I have already said Im not going to risk trying a border with this in my passport.  And I think you are in the minority who thinks '24 hours written in passport mans nothing! Yes I have used my 2 visa exempts. I am now having a long holiday in KL. Thanks

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Khun Ed said:

you really think if I enter Thailand in 2 months on a thai visa they will ignore what's been written?

That depends where you enter. If you try to enter at Don Muang or Suvarnabhumi, it is highly likely you will be denied entry (unless having a flight reservation out of Thailand within 24 hours). However, at some airports and most land crossings, if you have a tourist visa, it will be honoured.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, overherebc said:

Why would immigration officials at the airport be issuing Extensions?