BANGKOK 19 June 2019 16:50
Khun Ed

Stopped On Re-entry For Too Many Tourist Visas

11 hours ago, overherebc said:

Sort of related. Met a guy today who claims he was told by a female IO in swampy that they had stopped issuing 30 day extensions on a VE entry and he would have to go to his own country after 30 days and get a visa. His outbound ticket is dated 6 weeks from now.

No-one believes it but he is concerned about it.

Why would immigration officials at the airport be issuing Extensions?

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not at the airport.

They/she told him that Imm' offices have stopped issuing 30 day extensions at all the offices. 

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Not at the airport.

They/she told him that Imm' offices have stopped issuing 30 day extensions at all the offices. 

Sorry, I read that as swampy, being the airport. 

I would expect us to hear about something so major from someone being turned away. 

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Sorry, I read that as swampy, being the airport. 

I would expect us to hear about something so major from someone being turned away. 

Yep, I just don't see them stopping doing it. Makes you wonder what else people are told and we never see it posted on here as the visitors won't  be TV members.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:
14 hours ago, overherebc said:

Sort of related. Met a guy today who claims he was told by a female IO in swampy that they had stopped issuing 30 day extensions on a VE entry and he would have to go to his own country after 30 days and get a visa. His outbound ticket is dated 6 weeks from now.

No-one believes it but he is concerned about it.

It's not hard to believe that with the language differences & "Chinese Whispers" effect of a guy telling a guy, it could have been the IO on arrival told That One GUY that HE would not be able to get another Extension/ VE Entry but would need to go to his own country to get a Visa

In other words stopped just short of denying him entry this time which she would have been well within her rights to do as he didn't have an outbound ticket within the duration of his permission to stay (Another possibility is that she was warning him of this for next time he enters - I.e. If you're staying longer than 30 days you need to get a Visa).

On a semi-related point, I don't think I've ever come across a report where an IO has suggested going anywhere else but your country when it comes to getting a visa.

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

It's not hard to believe that with the language differences & "Chinese Whispers" effect of a guy telling a guy, it could have been the IO on arrival told That One GUY that HE would not be able to get another Extension/ VE Entry but would need to go to his own country to get a Visa [In other words stopped just short of denying him entry this time]. 

On a semi-related point, I don't think I've ever come across a report where an IO has suggested going anywhere else but your country when it comes to getting a visa.

Not just wrong info' at entry points. I've been told that I can't be 'legal' in Thailand when I say each of my 1 year visas I can make last 17 months, by 'knowledgeable' ex-pats? 

11 hours ago, Khun Ed said:

Now is time to hit Mont Kiara and drink my sorrows down

Theres a new bar called Social there thats not bad. I prefer healy macs at publika nearby.

Or a quick walk up to Seni apartments. Bar there called Hubba Hubba. From 6pm beer is Rm6. Goes up rm1 every hour.

You could try flying up to Alor Setar. Then 40 min taxi to Bukit Kayu Hitam. Its a pretty cruisy Land border then spend the night in Dannok before moving on up.

If you want a number for a thai guy at the border who will get u thru, for a price, then pm me. He gets the hostess girls here their visas every 30 days. You dont need to meet him prior. He works at the border every day.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Not just wrong info' at entry points. I've been told that I can't be 'legal' in Thailand when I say each of my 1 year visas I can make last 17 months, by 'knowledgeable' ex-pats? 

If you're on a 1 year Visa then I'm assuming you're on a Non-OA which can be made to last 24 months, If you're on a 1 year Non-O ME then you can make this last 15 months (With Border hops every 90 days)

If you're actually on an 1 year Extension to a previous visa, then you can only make this last until the "Permission to Stay Until" date, as you can apply for the extension 30 days (even 45 in some places) early, then technically you can make it last 17 months, but really the 1st month is on the old extension/visa 

Edited by Mike Teavee

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

If you're on a 1 year Visa then I'm assuming you're on a Non-OA which can be made to last 24 months, If you're on a 1 year Non-O ME then you can make this last 15 months (With Border hops every 90 days)

If you're actually on an 1 year Extension to a previous visa, then you can only make this last until the permission to stay until date, as you can apply for the extension 30 days (even 45 in some places) then you can make it last 17 months, but really the 1st month is on the old permission to stay/visa 

Non O multi, leave/enter one day before expiry get 90 days, then 60 days extension to stay issued locally ( 1900 baht ) makes 17 months give or take a few days.  

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

i haven't read all the pages but have you considered getting a new passport while you are in the UK and then returning with a new SETV via a land border ?

edit:  then you can consider marriage ?  or another alternative while here in the kingdom.

Edited by buick
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Non O multi, leave/enter one day before expiry get 90 days, then 60 days extension to stay issued locally ( 1900 baht ) makes 17 months give or take a few days.  

Ahhh... Sorry, I forgot to add the 60 day extension to the final 90 days stamp - you're absolutely right, 17 months it is 🙂 ... 

Ironically I'm also on a Non-O ME but am trying to get the extension as soon as I can (Not easy when you're in & out 1-2 times a month) so plan is to get stamped in (for 90 days) 3 weeks before the Visa expires, get a Re-Entry permit, carry on in/out 1-2 per month until 30 days before the permit expires, then get the extension 60 days after that. 

All this palaver because of people abusing the Visa Exempt set-up 😞 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Ahhh... Sorry, I forgot to add the 60 day extension to the final 90 days stamp - you're absolutely right, 17 months it is 🙂 ... 

Ironically I'm also on a Non-O ME but am trying to get the extension as soon as I can (Not easy when you're in & out 1-2 times a month) so plan is to get stamped in (for 90 days) 3 weeks before the Visa expires, get a Re-Entry permit, carry on in/out 1-2 per month until 30 days before the permit expires, then get the extension 60 days after that. 

All this palaver because of people abusing the Visa Exempt set-up 😞 

Both me and she retired so do a lot of travelling, just time a holiday or weeks break somewhere to fit in with the in/outs, 60 day extensions etc.

60 days at the end of any 90 entry also makes it easy if we're not feeling like travelling. I know we could do the 800,000 thing but I feel it's more in my control to use the multi O and don't have to bother with 90 day reports if I don't feel like it.

One size doesn't fit all though.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

Khun Ed seems to have made his mind up before posting. A lot of valid suggestions but he doesn't want to find answers. It sounds like a lot of idle chatter and/or moaning.  Get off the pot and do something.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Tourist visa for several years continuosly? You're lucky they didn't do this a few years back.

• Thanks 1