BANGKOK
webfact

TrueVisions bags exclusive EPL broadcast rights

10 minutes ago, lahgon29 said:

Just watch it for free through an Hdmi to the TV. Watch the full match replays or highlights the next day through reddit. That True mob overcharge and have lousy service. 

Rubbish. I have nothing but praise for True Visions being a customer for 19 years. Excellent service and value for money when considering how much it would cost to go and see one EPL match live in the UK. I presume you are one of those persons who want everything for free!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Excellent service and value for money

No it's not. Last time (3-4 years ago) I paid the bill it was about 1600baht a month. And they still had the nerve to show ads every 7 minutes. Hate them!

4 hours ago, bangkok blue said:

Did they? In terms of on demand catch up, yes. In terms of pre / post match interviews it was s h i t e. No analysis programmes, apart from Keys & Gray, Thai lads wittering on....

Hopefully True bring back Premier League TV.

You're quite right, when CTH held the rights we got pre match in English as well as the SkySports pundits every night ot the week. Hope True give us the same options.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Email just received - subscription costs go tumbling  

Screenshot_2019-06-12-19-07-28.png

Not gonna happen is it?

Thank god for IPTV.

Edited by fishtank
  • Like 1

Oh boy, CP chicken group now owns exclusive EPL broadcast rights for the next three years. 

18 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Rubbish. I have nothing but praise for True Visions being a customer for 19 years. Excellent service and value for money when considering how much it would cost to go and see one EPL match live in the UK. I presume you are one of those persons who want everything for free!!

A false equivalency. Do you compare costs of going to a live music show/festival with watching it on tv also?

Bein charged 199 baht month which I could watch on catchup the following morning and chromecast it to my big TV. At one stage it included all other European leagues as well as champions league. Dumped True immediately when this happened- dreadful rangecof programming .

• Like 1

Does/will  True offer the equivalent of Bein connect with catch up on demand via the Internet that I can chromecast to the tv? No interest whatsoever in their satellite offerings 

• Like 1

6 channels is still not enough especially if 2 of them remain SD as at present.

But, I was dreading Facebook having the franchise so I'm happy.

Come on Sheffield United !!

• Like 1

6 channels plenty. 10 games are only at same time on last day. They will just take over normal entertainment channels for that.

2 Bein sports channels were in SD on a Saturday. ch 695 and 696.

True not released package yet. I fully expect an increase to current super soccer deal. To justify that, they really need to do a deal with DAZN for champions league. That being said, UCL been free on Youtube recently, so who cares.

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I don't recall having any complaints personally when Truevisions had the Premier league rights a few years back so I'm very relieved that one of Truevisions or BEin have it for the next 3 years and not Amazon or Facebook or newbie on the block (like CTH were).

Last season watching the CL games here was a right mess so let's hope Truevisions (or BEin) get those rights too.

Yes, I totally agree. I remember those years pre-CTH (which soon went bankrupt and had to be bailed out) when True had exclusive coverage of EPL games and was included in my Gold Package subscription.  

I'm wondering how this is going to play out now....Think we can assume that all the PL games will now be shown on True's own channels, so what will become of the 4 Bein channels? Worth remembering that Bein has the FA Cup rights for Thailand for the next 5 years, so assume they (Bein) would want to keep their channels on True, and vise versa?

Also, waiting with baited breath if True are going to have additional pricing for the PL, or maybe you would have to upgrade to Platinum to view? FN: Bein's 4 channels are available with Platinum. 

Any guesses are welcome? Blue?

Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2019 at 10:57 AM, Knee Jerk Reaction said:

At least I won't have to listen to Bein's Peter Drury and Jim Beglin commentary team.

Even they're better than having to endure the irritating voices of Thai nonentities babbling on inconsequentially pre-match, post-match and at half-time as we've had to suffer with Bein these past 3 seasons, surely? 

Edited by OJAS

Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2019 at 8:25 AM, Essex Reject said:

I'm wondering how this is going to play out now....Think we can assume that all the PL games will now be shown on True's own channels, so what will become of the 4 Bein channels? Worth remembering that Bein has the FA Cup rights for Thailand for the next 5 years, so assume they (Bein) would want to keep their channels on True, and vise versa?

Maybe Truevisions will keep 1 Bein channel for the FA Cup, La Liga & Serie A and ditch the rest? As I recall, before Bein started screening live EPL games via Truevisions 3 seasons ago, Truevisions did include 1 Bein channel in certain packages.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1