BANGKOK 20 July 2019 00:13
webfact

Ugh! Chinese tourist urinates on floor of Airport Link train

4 hours ago, SammyT said:

Thai cops hunted down and fined an American female for doing the same in the street in traffic a few months back. I'll hold my breath and wait for them to do the same with this quality tourist...

You absolutely sure American , huh, can you post that story, couldn’t  be British or ???? Had to be a Yank hmmm

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yep, I believe that's mostly the case throughout the ARL and at least the original BTS and MTR lines....  The stations generally have bathrooms for their staff back behind locked doors, but not generally available to the public, AFAIK....

And I believe, they avoided the public bathrooms intentionally.... not like they just forgot to design/build them as part of the various stations.

You're right. I pleaded once to use a BTS toilet and was rebuffed without a second thought.... The nearest open public toilet at 7am was 300 meters away. That's a very long way when you're desperate.
Even railway stations in India have public toilets, and they're everywhere (and clean) in larger cities. Such a basic amenity. 

4 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

I'm not having a go at you, Wiggy, but it does seem strange to me that these kinds of stories in Thailand only seem to involve Chinese. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the impression I have gained after 30 years - I've never known any other nationality to do this here. It's a question of dignity.

It's also related to how Chinese travel permits are allocated by the Provincial Governments in China.

I asked a friend in China about why my Chinese friends and work colleagues in Shanghai don't shout, spit and urinate in the street, but when on holiday in Thailand Chinese people seem to behave so badly.

He said it's because their real quality tourists are allowed to visit Europe, US etc where they hope they will not embarrass China, but their low-end 'tour group' tourists from the countryside and from third tier cities are only allowed to go to Thailand or Philippines where they don't care if their rude behaviour offends the locals.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, keith101 said:

Sometimes those people are absolutely disgusting with no respect for others .

Yeah, crapping on taxis and sidewalks, making a dreadful mess in an "all you can eat " buffet. now this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Heard of "sterile" ?? That's urine unless you have a bacterial infection

Heard of droplet infection?? Droplets can spread up to two meters from being gobbed out 

and have only witnessed white males doing it in Thailand, never seen a Thai doing it.

Do you think all those Thai men standing along the roadside are admiring wildflowers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hope the powers that be hurry up and build that "World Class State of the Art Light Rail System to Greet Tourists" because some tourists can't wait.

It,s not just the chinese. A couple of weeks ago I witness several indians (not American Indians) urinating in the middle of Soi 4 in North Pattaya, obviously a joint effort 😞 A friend in South Pattaya went down to his condo swimming pool to find an indian washing his underpants in the pool ! and the government intends to multiply the number tenfold 😞

There are toilets on the link train !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kinnock said:

It's also related to how Chinese travel permits are allocated by the Provincial Governments in China.

I asked a friend in China about why my Chinese friends and work colleagues in Shanghai don't shout, spit and urinate in the street, but when on holiday in Thailand Chinese people seem to behave so badly.

He said it's because their real quality tourists are allowed to visit Europe, US etc where they hope they will not embarrass China, but their low-end 'tour group' tourists from the countryside and from third tier cities are only allowed to go to Thailand or Philippines where they don't care if their rude behaviour offends the locals.

Really? Wow, that's amazing. But I guess Thailand still gets a lot of these so-called higher-end tourists who travel individually rather than in group tours. I see a lot of group tourists as there's a Chinese oriented hotel near my mooban. Some from the group, mostly women, like to walk thru the mooban, which is ok by me. They cause no problems. 

• Like 1

She might have been trying to clear some breathing room. Last time we rode the airport link it was so packed you could not move at all and we were afraid we would not be able to even get off when we got to our stop.  A 3 car train is ridiculous.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kinnock said:

I suspect your friend was talking hot air.

My wife grew up in third tier cities in the south of China. Since we married, she has visited seven different countries including France. Never once has she applied for a travel permit. I don't know anyone who has, unless they are going abroad to work and then they have to get a medical certificate. That applies to incoming workers too.

The only permits I have seen are for visits to HK and Macao from the mainland, and those are purely to control the numbers of visitors. Those who live in Shenzhen and Zhuhai get annual renewable permits.

By the way, she's Chinese and she has visited Thailand three times. Never once has she spat, pee'd or crapped in the street. She did spit once in Saipan because a fly flew in her mouth, is that ok?

• Haha 1

In China, it is socially acceptable for children to piss and, in many instances, shit in public. Wherever you go in this country you will see children squatting in the streets letting it rip. Little boys just take out their things and urinate just about wherever they see fit. Often, a parent will try to direct their children to go to the bathroom over sewer grates, in bushes, or in a grassy area, but this is not always the case. It is not uncommon to see a young child pissing on the floor of a supermarket, a bus — just about anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1