Install solid lane dividers in Chalong Underpass, says Phuket poll

webfact

Install solid lane dividers in Chalong Underpass, says Phuket poll

By The Phuket News

1560309378_1-org.jpg

A tour bus enters the Chalong Underpass on its opening day. Photo: Phuket Highways Office

PHUKET: A majority of respondents in an online poll by The Phuket News has called for officials to install solid lane dividers in the Chalong Underpass in order to make it safer.

After nearly four years of construction, the Chalong Underpass finally opened on May 31, with intermittent lane closures to allow workers complete the finishing touches.

Even before its opening, comments by local residents spiralled online over the width of the lanes and the fact the traffic will be flowing through the tunnel in both directions without any solid dividers to help prevent head-on accidents.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/install-solid-lane-dividers-in-chalong-underpass-says-phuket-poll-71758.php#tP8kOSlKOHF2PO1x.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-06-12

Last week when I saw the other picture of the tunnel I asked my self, why did not they make it a bit wider, that is asking for accidents to happen. Brainless people again.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

in an online poll by The Phuket News has called for officials to install solid lane dividers in the Chalong Underpass in order to make it safer.

If this looks unsafe for the drivers, they might as well hand back their DL.

1560309378_1-org.jpg

Next they need to teach every body from visit road hiw to go around the circle. Left lane is for kata road only. Far right lane is for going around the circle to turn off choe far east road or to chalong pier. The middle lane is to take the far left route around the circle to turn onto choe far west road or the east road. It is NOT SO YOU CAN CUT OFF THE PERSON ON YOUR RIGHT SIDE TRYING TO GO ROUND THE CIRCLE CLOSE TO THE CIRCLE. EVERYBODY THAI OR FORIENER GETS IT WRONG. PERHAPS I SHOULD BUY A CHEAP CAR AND WHEN SOME IDIOT CUTS ME OFF JUST CRASH INTO HIM. IT WILL BE THERE FAULT. CHANGING LANES. 

12 hours ago, helloagain said:

Next they need to teach every body from visit road hiw to go around the circle. Left lane is for kata road only. Far right lane is for going around the circle to turn off choe far east road or to chalong pier. The middle lane is to take the far left route around the circle to turn onto choe far west road or the east road. It is NOT SO YOU CAN CUT OFF THE PERSON ON YOUR RIGHT SIDE TRYING TO GO ROUND THE CIRCLE CLOSE TO THE CIRCLE. EVERYBODY THAI OR FORIENER GETS IT WRONG. PERHAPS I SHOULD BUY A CHEAP CAR AND WHEN SOME IDIOT CUTS ME OFF JUST CRASH INTO HIM. IT WILL BE THERE FAULT. CHANGING LANES. 

I see your frustration. It is difficult to teach such a concept to those who cannot drive on the correct side of the roadway, do not yield to emergency vehicles, have a habit of stopping in a traffic lane to go into a shop, and on and on. The lack of trained, mobile traffic police, and apathetic authorities add an aura of "do what you like" on Thai roads.

Archived