CW Retirement extension 12/06/19

Arrive 0740 - depart 1050.  Used USA Embassy Letter of income and had done TM30/800 baht fine previously.

Until 0800 entry line queue numbers are issued - mine was 256 at 0740.  At 0800 start to form queue line in hallway in groups of 10 numbers - done by about 0810 and at 0815 opened doors to immigration and queue feeds to normal queue desks.  Only takes about 20 minutes to obtain L counter queue and proceed to sit (normal wait for queue number at L counters but one (desk 45 - behind 40) acting as expediter and calling many numbers - she checks paperwork/adds the additional papers that normally have to fill out at desk and tells you to wait for your number at a specific desk.  You can use time to fill in the extra paperwork.  When called to normal counter same as usual but believe they make copies of TM30/fine/and few additional signatures.  One form you get a copy of is new retirement extension requirements (has been posted).  Then outside to wait for them to call your name for passport return (one hour later in my case and although I was queue 32 for L counter believe only a handful of passports were returned prior to mine (believe almost everyone getting caught out with TM30 and having to visit B desk to clear that).

june is a great month to do the renewal.  no holidays other than june 3rd (and i think that just started this year).  i tried to get mine set for the month of june but got tripped up during the 'change visa' process.  i thought the 90 days for my non imm O would start when i recvd it (conversion from visa exempt) but the 90 days started from the date of application (which was two weeks earlier).  so i got stuck with the month of may which has 5 holidays (and really 6 if june 3rd hits on a monday as it means thurs and fri of the previous week are bad days to go).  i thought the first two weeks of june looked perfect but then those were no longer available, stuck with all of may instead.

So it has finally become routine at CW to fine retirees for not making a TM 30. I stay in a private house so will be interested to see how they justify fining me for a report which I am not bound by the regulations to make.  Married people should take the same approach, it is your wife’s duty to report. 

19 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

So it has finally become routine at CW to fine retirees for not making a TM 30. I stay in a private house so will be interested to see how they justify fining me for a report which I am not bound by the regulations to make.  Married people should take the same approach, it is your wife’s duty to report. 

Fine was 800 baht for being 16 year late - report was done by homeowner so not clear they are fining occupants directly.