Jump to content
BANGKOK 17 June 2019 08:15
webfact

Australian in Patong hotel fall on heavy painkiller, likely suffering hallucinations

Recommended Posts

Just another opioid junkie. They prescribe these synthetic morphine tabs like they're giving out sweeties. Its almost like the big drug companies reward the quacks for handing out the stuff.....

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whilst I respect that some folk might research side effects of a particular drug (which includes death in most cases, regardless of drug type), and I applaud that, it’s interesting to note that those posting seem to universally agree that hallucinations don’t happen

 

so... what the hell... 

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Same here heard the horror stories but got off them ok. At the peak of my pain was taking the max dose 8/per day 400mg and also drank on them and never had hallucinations

... at the peak of my five year addiction I was eating as much as 2000 mg a day. The most significant side effect was uncontrollable muscle spasms, but never ever did I experience an hallucination (just as well as that would have been a bonus) 

 

i gave them up easily enough, but my partner (playmate) spent four weeks in rehab (whilst I scoured the house for any hidden stashes)

 

everyone has their own sad story, but the point herein is that I too call bs on the police assertions. There was definitely more to it than prescribed dosages of trammies, even if the entire prescription was consumed in one go.

Edited by jany123
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tramadol isn't a 'heavy' painkiller.  Makes you feel better mentally, but it isn't remotely equivalent to Oxycontin or Vicodin, or even codeine for that matter. And as far as dulling pain?  You've got to be kidding me.   However, get drunk and eat a handful and you're going to get impaired.  But then again, get drunk, eat a handful of paracetamol and you're going to get impaired.  In fact, just get drunk and you're going to be impaired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, connda said:

Tramadol isn't a 'heavy' painkiller.  Makes you feel better mentally, but it isn't remotely equivalent to Oxycontin or Vicodin, or even codeine for that matter. And as far as dulling pain?  You've got to be kidding me.   However, get drunk and eat a handful and you're going to get impaired.  But then again, get drunk, eat a handful of paracetamol and you're going to get impaired.  In fact, just get drunk and you're going to be impaired.

Hurt my back and tried tramadol for pain.  No relief and no impairment.  Think the people talking about it besides yourself have no actual experience.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Just another opioid junkie. They prescribe these synthetic morphine tabs like they're giving out sweeties. Its almost like the big drug companies reward the quacks for handing out the stuff.....

imo just another alcoholic..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Hurt my back and tried tramadol for pain.  No relief and no impairment.  Think the people talking about it besides yourself have no actual experience.  

Hallucinations is a listed as  one of the possible side effect by the drug company

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:
4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Hurt my back and tried tramadol for pain.  No relief and no impairment.  Think the people talking about it besides yourself have no actual experience.

 

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Wrong mate i was on tramadol for 4 years, fully experienced with the drug, and yes it did help me.

perfectly possible

you guys have to understand that people react differently on drugs

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, madmen said:

You may want to take time out and comprehend what you just wrote.

no need.  I know exactly what I wrote and why

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

no need.  I know exactly what I wrote and why

Penny will drop soon enough 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...