BANGKOK 23 July 2019 11:42
Isaanbiker

Advice regarding a phone purchase urgently needed...

Sawasdee khrap, 

I've just visited a Telewiz show and looked at new phones. I do not want a subscription package and finally had two I was interested in with the same price, 6,490 baht.

1. An Oppo A 7 that doesn't seem a bad phone at all, choice # 2 is a Huawei Y 9, as far as I remember a 2019 model.

I've checked online and the Huawei seems to have a better processor, a quick charging option, a bigger screen, etc.

Here're the specs, but I'd love to hear it from people who know the facts because they've made certain experiences with these phones.

https://www.gadgetsnow.com/compare-mobile-phones/Huawei-Y9-2019-vs-OPPO-A7

Which one would you buy? And what are the reasons for? Huawei has a 4,000 mAh, the other one 4,250 mAh, would that be a huge difference? And the batteries are totally different. One has a Li-Polymer, the Huawei, the Oppo has a Li-Ion. What's the difference? 

Or would it make sense to go for a Samsung in this price range? Please advise me, I know quite a lot about computers and notebooks but phones are relatively new to me. Thanks a lot in advance.

Cannot comment on the model Oppo you have listed, but have had OppoR9 for couple of years and have found it good value for money.

• Like 1

Not sure why you want to spend that sort of cash- up to you though. Huawei smart phones can be bought for under B3k these days on Lazada. Mine does everything I need it to do.

7 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Cannot comment on the model Oppo you have listed, but have had OppoR9 for couple of years and have found it good value for money.

Thanks a lot! Oppo seems to be okay, wasn't there something regarding Huawei's future? 

There are many good ones on the market these days
I don’t have a phone currently
Remember to take your passport when you do eventually buy one.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Psimbo said:

Not sure why you want to spend that sort of cash- up to you though. Huawei smart phones can be bought for under B3k these days on Lazada. Mine does everything I need it to do.

I'm so sick and tired of my Samsung with less than 1 GB of memory, which has the fourth new battery in it now. It's got way too low memory, the battery's always empty in a short period of time and it's as fast as a drunken snail. 

• Like 1

Just now, KC 71 said:

There are many good ones on the market these days
I don’t have a phone currently

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Thank you!

10 minutes ago, KC 71 said:

You don't need a passport to buy a phone,   you need passport/ID to  register a SIM card.

Posted (edited)

Im only mentioning this because of the price. Lost my ageing redmi note 3 that always gave  problems from day 1 and decided to buy a back up phone while I looked for a new phone. Well Im blown away it does everything the redmi note did and just as fast. Its made in Thailand and has a 12 month warranty..no idea how they make a profit but there service center replied via lazada chat immediately and in English!

im sticking with it, very good specs! (for the money) and no bloatware (android 7)

https://www.lazada.co.th/-i268324226-s451889795.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

Edited by madmen
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

very good specs! and no bloatware

Does it have 2 physically separate SIM/SDcard  sockets  or one of those "hybrid"  rubbish SIM sockets  which either takes 1 SIM and  1  SDcard or 2 SIMS and no SD card ?

Also 1GB of RAM is a bit low..

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, johng said:

Does it have 2 physically separate SIM/SDcard  sockets  or one of those "hybrid"  rubbish SIM sockets  which either takes 1 SIM and  1  SDcard or 2 SIMS and no SD card ?

Also 1GB of RAM is a bit low..

I don't remember but they are available via lazada chat .  I only use the phone for google search and browsing forums and netflix if Im on the rd and its very smooth. Ram seems plenty good just for the above 

Edited by madmen

Posted (edited)

Check out the Samsung A7... I just bought one... What sold me was the triple/wide angle camera and the great oled screen Android Pie (9) and no FUGLY screen notch .. I picked one up at a small local shop (via Facebook Marketplace) for 5,900 baht

1E9EF0CB-D23D-4024-B50A-65A1FF9C7DAB.jpeg

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Thanks a lot! Oppo seems to be okay, wasn't there something regarding Huawei's future? 

Yes I believe they are part of the US trade sanctions, and being denied access to some Apps by US governemtn

My Oppo has duel SIM easy as to switch between them 

Edited by RJRS1301