BANGKOK 17 June 2019 13:28
ubonjoe

Visa Applications Online Start Saturday June 15th At Thai Embassy London. Passport Sent By Post Allowed

Well, that's a relief if you can still apply by post.

Hopefully will be as trouble free as in the past.

4 minutes ago, Denim said:

Well, that's a relief if you can still apply by post.

You do not actually do the application by post. You do it online and then send your passport and the documents mentioned in the info about it.

• Thanks 1

I can't see the exact requirements/documents necessary for a 12 month Non O based on being over 65 and with a state pension. I was led to believe that all you needed was the UK pension statement, Passport and application form, and fee of course!! This would give you a 12 month stay, 90 day border run accepted and if you go back to the UK every year you can just get another year with a fresh application....is this still available?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pappap said:

I can't see the exact requirements/documents necessary for a 12 month Non O based on being over 65 and with a state pension. I was led to believe that all you needed was the UK pension statement, Passport and application form, and fee of course!! This would give you a 12 month stay, 90 day border run accepted and if you go back to the UK every year you can just get another year with a fresh application....is this still available?

That was my immediate question. I guess we must wait until someone submits the documents necessary in the past to apply for the multiple Non O state pension, and see if the application is accepted.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pappap said:

• Visa application form completely filled out
  • Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages, as well as the photocopy of passport. The actual passport must be submitted with visa application form.
  • Two (2) recent photos (taken within the past 6 months)
  • Supporting documents for the purpose of visit to Thailand. (Please see details for each type.)
  • For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 

From here.

Plus fee of course.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not actually do the application by post. You do it online and then send your passport and the documents mentioned in the info about it.

Yes....I see that bit now. A lot like applying for a UK visa from Trendy.

Required Documents (after 15 June 2019):

Passport/Travel Document which must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of  application for single entry, or at least 1 year for multiple entry, and has at least 2 blank pages.

- Printout of visa application form submitted online, with barcode

- Original supporting documents

- Fee for return post of £10 

Edited by Denim

44 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
  • Visa application form completely filled out
  • Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages, as well as the photocopy of passport. The actual passport must be submitted with visa application form.
  • Two (2) recent photos (taken within the past 6 months)
  • Supporting documents for the purpose of visit to Thailand. (Please see details for each type.)
  • For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 

From here.

Plus fee of course.

Hi, yep saw that thanks, but it doesn't clarify if its for 12 months, usually for over 50's it's only for 3 months and has to be extended by immigration inside Thailand, UK's always had a 12 month for over 65's which I believe other countries don't have.

• Like 1

, and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.) I wonder if they enforce that now (still in brackets) , and in case could it be on a joint account?

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 

Would that be the last 3 statements, 1 from each month, each showing £10,000?

Or 1 statement showing the balance in each of the last 3 months?

1 hour ago, Pappap said:

Hi, yep saw that thanks, but it doesn't clarify if its for 12 months, usually for over 50's it's only for 3 months and has to be extended by immigration inside Thailand, UK's always had a 12 month for over 65's which I believe other countries don't have.

A multiple entry would be 12 months validity, each entry being 90 days. Giving a total stay of 18 months. To get a 12 month entry/ permission, you would need to look at the Non-Imm OA. Potentially 2 years stay. 

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

Would that be the last 3 statements, 1 from each month, each showing £10,000?

Or 1 statement showing the balance in each of the last 3 months?

I guess either, just showing 10,000 maintained over 3 months. 

• Like 1

Sounds great EXCEPT when the postal service loses your passport!! Happened to me in Australia, they delivered to the wrong address and the passport was never seen again. $450 to replace (no compensation from Australia Post). Never again, I'd rather deliver and collect on my own thanks! Saves A LOT of hassle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pappap said:

No; i used to get a one year Non O when i was in my 50's, as i had taken an early pension from one of my providers and could provide pension statements. Those were the good old days when every year you went in to the Embassy and they recognised you, brought you a Cuppa and did the job in 15 minutes.  The other option has always been a Tourist Visa valid for two months with a one month extension available for 1,900 Baht.