Visa Applications Online Start Saturday June 15th At Thai Embassy London. Passport Sent By Post Allowed

7 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I rather think you have it wrong!

From that link it says

14 June 2019 will be the last day the Embassy will process visa application by post, submitted with the old visa application forms. Any old visa applications received after 14 June 2019 will be returned to the applicants.

Please take a look at:   

Edited by VBF

5 minutes ago, VBF said:

You do if you want to stay in Thailand for more than 60 days - typically I stay about 80 to 90 days. SETV covers the first 60, then an extension for the remainder - that's my annual holiday to Thailand. I realise i could do VE + extension + border hop but I think the SETV is designed for people in my position.

I wouldn’t consider 3 months a “holiday”, but you can still get a SETV in person or by post, so if you want to stay longer than the typical holidayer, you can.

You apply online and either make an appointment to collect your visa in person or send your passport by post as before.

3 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I wouldn’t consider 3 months a “holiday”, but you can still get a SETV in person or by post, so if you want to stay longer than the typical holidayer, you can.

You apply online and either make an appointment to collect your visa in person or send your passport by post as before.

It's been my annual holiday for the past 10 years (self-employed/semi-retired) but we cross-posted. Please see my edit to post #92 including the all-important link within

Edited by VBF

7 minutes ago, VBF said:

I rather think you have it wrong!

From that link it says

14 June 2019 will be the last day the Embassy will process visa application by post, submitted with the old visa application forms. Any old visa applications received after 14 June 2019 will be returned to the applicants.

Please take a look at:   

No. You are not reading what you are quoting.

They are saying that you can no longer post the old visa application. From June 15th you must use the online application, then post your passport to the embassy, who will post it back as before.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84397-How-to-apply-visa-by-post.html

Who Can Apply for the Visa by Post

Anyone who resides in the UK and Ireland.

• Exception : Holders of passports / UK Travel Documents who are nationals of these following countries have to apply in person only -- Afghanistan, Algerian, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Central African Republic, China, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Guinea, India, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Palestine, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen

Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.

Required Documents (from 15 June 2019):

Passport/Travel Document which must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of  application for single entry, or at least 1 year for multiple entry, and has at least 2 blank pages.

- Printout of visa application form submitted online, with bar code

- Copies of supporting documents

- Fee for return post of £10 in cash only and the return address, or enclose stamped and addressed envelope (recommended to use the postage stamps rather than a franking stamp from the post office as franking stamps can only be used on the date of purchase) 

18 minutes ago, elviajero said:

No. You are not reading what you are quoting.

They are saying that you can no longer post the old visa application. From June 15th you must use the online application, then post your passport to the embassy, who will post it back as before.

<snip for neatness>

We're actually agreeing AND disagreeing at the same time @elviajero !!

I agree that from June 15th you CANNOT use the old form. So you CANNOT make a pure postal application as before but the heading of that paragraph is "Who Can Apply for the Visa by Post which implies that the whole application may still be done that way - NOT ANY MORE!

I agree that you must use the online application, then there is an option to either make an appointment to visit the embassy, OR to post your passport to the embassy, with documents - the embassy will post it back as before.

So, therefore where you replied to another poster ( @JamJar ) that "You can still apply by post." (your words in #91) - THAT is where we disagree 

Edited by VBF

So...going back to my question. Their video appears to indicate that, if you don't want your passport in the postal system, there is one appointment to submit your documents and then you have to visit again to collect your passport.

Which is much the same as before. so what is the point of the on-line system, other than to irritate tourists?

So, are two visits still the case or have I misunderstood the video guide?

3 minutes ago, JamJar said:

So...going back to my question. Their video appears to indicate that, if you don't want your passport in the postal system, there is one appointment to submit your documents and then you have to visit again to collect your passport.

Which is much the same as before. so what is the point of the on-line system, other than to irritate tourists?

So, are two visits still the case or have I misunderstood the video guide?

They issue the Visa at your appointment.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have submit scans of the document when you do the online application. 

After have completed the on the online application you print out the application that has a barcode on it. You then send it, your passport and the original supporting to documents to the embassy by post.

Which visa?

Multiple entry Non-O.

9 hours ago, JamJar said:

I'm guessing the purpose is to bounce perpetual tourists doing the SETV/METV dance with very long histories in Thailand at their source country. It will not work 100% until online applications happen globally.

As the Elite visa is now available, that is$$$$ more appropriate for this category of long-stay person....nice little earner.

Edited by freedomnow

5 minutes ago, wobalt said:
1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Non O now only issued as a single 90 day entry.

Will cause a lot of Brits on overstay

Not necessarily. For the moment, there are still consulates in countries near to Thailand (for instance, Savannakhet and Ho Chi Minh City) that will issue multiple Non O. While annoying that they cannot get their visa in the UK, I think most affected Brits will still get the visa elsewhere (while that option remains available).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Non O now only issued as a single 90 day entry.

That will cause a headache for offshore workers, or is it just a case of getting re-entry permission on SE married visa ?

Edited by freedomnow

4 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Will cause a lot of Brits on overstay

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Why?

The Non Imm O ME was always for those who wanted to make multiple trips.

It's purpose was never to stay indefinitely in Thailand.

They can still make multiple trips using Non Imm O SE.

Alternatively if they want to remain in Thailand they should obtain the relevant extension.

3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Not necessarily. For the moment, there are still consulates in countries near to Thailand (for instance, Savannakhet and Ho Chi Minh City) that will issue multiple Non O. While annoying that they cannot get their visa in the UK, I think most affected Brits will still get the visa elsewhere (while that option remains available).

and it may cause issues for thoes married who cannot salt 400k a couple of months for the SE visa.

The noose tightens..

Why?
The Non Imm O ME was always for those who wanted to make multiple trips.
It's purpose was never to stay indefinitely in Thailand.

They can still make multiple trips using Non Imm O SE.
Alternatively if they want to remain in Thailand they should obtain the relevant extension.

If you work in the region or have a condo it is very inconvenient.
For people where the wife is resident in the UK, you cannot get an extension easily

10 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

That will cause a headache for offshore workers, or is it just a case of getting re-entry permission on SE married visa ?

The couple of oil workers I know never return to home Country from wherever they are based.

If married to a Thai, they can obtain the Non Imm O ME from other Embassies/Consulates other than the UK, or obtain annual extensions.

3 minutes ago, wobalt said:

If you work in the region or have a condo it is very inconvenient.

If working you obtained the Non B which is available ME.

Don't understand the relevance of what a Condo has to do with it.

5 minutes ago, wobalt said:

For people where the wife is resident in the UK, you cannot get an extension easily

Only if you leave her in the UK.

23 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

and it may cause issues for thoes married who cannot salt 400k a couple of months for the SE visa.

The noose tightens..

The single entry Non O (married to a Thai) does not need financial proof (at most consulates). It is only if you want to apply for a one-year extension of stay at immigration in Thailand that the financial proof becomes necessary.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The application has to done online. After the application is done you can send your passport and supporting documents by post to the embassy. See the OP for the instructions posted on the embassy website.

Do we yet know how far in advance the online part can be done?

i.e. is it possible to do the online part before I get to the UK to save time?

23 minutes ago, wobalt said:

If she is working in the uk , you got the visa based on the fact that you married to her

The Visa is based on accompanying or visiting Thai wife.

For accompanying a Thai spouse : A copy of marriage certificate, a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse, and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.)