Visa Applications Online Start Saturday June 15th At Thai Embassy London. Passport Sent By Post Allowed

2 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Which is ? I am not working in Thailand but in the neighboring countries
Not possible as my wife wasn’t in Thailand since 2009

Have your wife send you signed copies of her house book registry and ID card. I assume you have your marriage certificate with you here.

With the original marriage certificate and a copy plus the copies from your wife you could apply for a multiple entry non-o with no financial proof at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos or Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.

Or with 400k baht in a Thai bank at the consulate in Penang.

Have your wife send you signed copies of her house book registry and ID card. I assume you have your marriage certificate with you here.
With the original marriage certificate and a copy plus the copies from your wife you could apply for a multiple entry non-o with no financial proof at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos or Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.
Or with 400k baht in a Thai bank at the consulate in Penang.

Yes I have, currently I Am in Germany, where I still get the ME without financial proof

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Which is ? I am not working in Thailand but in the neighboring countries
Not possible as my wife wasn’t in Thailand since 2009

From Germany you can still obtain the Non Imm O ME.

The topic is about the new online e-Visa application system rolled out in the UK and the fact the Non Imm O ME is no longer available from the UK and you jump into yet another thread using apples and oranges as examples.

When the e-Visa application system is rolled out to other Countries and you can be sure it will, including Germany, then you'll be in the same boat.

Meanwhile, the British and other nationalities can apply for the Non Imm O ME Visa from Savannakhet on the basis of marriage, without financial proof, for the time being at least.

Edited by Tanoshi

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

If married to a Thai, they can obtain the Non Imm O ME from other Embassies/Consulates other than the UK, or obtain annual extension

If the reason for stopping Non-Imm-O Multiples is to prevent long term stayers, why would that be specific to London or Sydney? Surely the same reason could be applied to Embassies and Consulates closer to Thailand, some time soon?

From Germany you can still obtain the Non Imm O ME.

The topic is about the new online e-Visa application system rolled out in the UK and the fact the Non Imm O ME is no longer available from the UK and you jump into yet another thread using apples and oranges as examples.

When the e-Visa application system is rolled out to other Countries and you can be sure it will, including Germany, then you'll be in the same boat.

Meanwhile, the British and other nationalities can apply for the Non Imm O ME Visa from Savannakhet on the basis of marriage, without financial proof, for the time being at least.

Expected but not necessarily the case. Many requirements rolled out in the Uk in the past re not followed by Germany

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

For some offshore workers chasing 4 Visas a year is inconvenient.

Those I know entered Visa exempt, then obtained a Non Imm O ME at Savannakhet.

Returning to one's home Country uses up most of their 30 day leave.

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

If the reason for stopping Non-Imm-O Multiples is to prevent long term stayers, why would that be specific to London or Sydney? Surely the same reason could be applied to Embassies and Consulates closer to Thailand, some time soon?

I don't think it's to stop long term stayers.

The e-Visa system was first introduced in China and the Non Imm O ME was never a choice.

The Non Imm O ME was never intended as a 'long stay' type Visa, but for those who wanted multiple entries to visit Thai wives etc. For 'long stay' other options are available.

On 6/12/2019 at 3:38 PM, ubonjoe said:

You do not actually do the application by post. You do it online and then send your passport and the documents mentioned in the info about it.

Do London now require financial proofs now?

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

I don't think it's to stop long term stayers.

The e-Visa system was first introduced in China and the Non Imm O ME was never a choice.

The Non Imm O ME was never intended as a 'long stay' type Visa, but for those who wanted multiple entries to visit Thai wives etc. For 'long stay' other options are available.

The online E visa system is 'Global' and Bangkok based and not embassy specific. Hence you can log in via the UK, French or Chinese embassy websites with one password and username. It leads you to the exact same web portal.The system is 'Locked' and the embassy's have no input in what visas they can issue and have no dealings with the applications once they go over to online application. The only dealings they have is issuing the visa off of the system using the slip and bar code you print after you apply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Which visa?

Well, for SETV they now appear to want financials, and air ticket and proof of accommodation, none of which were requirements before.

12 minutes ago, ExpatNP said:

So how to get a multiple entry please Joe?

Based upon marriage at the the consulates in Savannakhet, Laos and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam without needing financial proof. Penang Malaysia with 400k baht in the bank.

For being over 50 you can get one in Penang or Savannakhet with 800k baht in a bank or proof of 65k baht income.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Based upon marriage at the the consulates in Savannakhet, Laos and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam without needing financial proof. Penang Malaysia with 400k baht in the bank.

For being over 50 you can get one in Penang or Savannakhet with 800k baht in a bank or proof of 65k baht income.

Financial proofs definitely required in London now then Joe?

14 hours ago, JamJar said:

So...going back to my question. Their video appears to indicate that, if you don't want your passport in the postal system, there is one appointment to submit your documents and then you have to visit again to collect your passport.

Which is much the same as before. so what is the point of the on-line system, other than to irritate tourists?

So, are two visits still the case or have I misunderstood the video guide?

Visiting seems to be only required by those with an aversion to using post.  Not many presumably so that is the price of their unusual fetish.

I filled in the online form eventually getting to end for an O-A, at the final step where it says confirm and submit it goes to access denied (return to home ), also I didn’t see any part of the online form that allows for scanning/downloading documents such as medical, criminal and bank statements....any one else tried on line yet?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

28 minutes ago, patinchis said:

I filled in the online form eventually getting to end for an O-A, at the final step where it says confirm and submit it goes to access denied (return to home ), also I didn’t see any part of the online form that allows for scanning/downloading documents such as medical, criminal and bank statements....any one else tried on line yet?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Upload documents at step 5 of the process.

UserManual_EN.pdf

Page 19.

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Can the Penang 400k in bank be back in your home country ?