BANGKOK 20 June 2019 14:41
webfact

Korat: Impoverished schoolboy asks for leave to take care of four younger kids

Just now, CharlieH said:

I'm sure it could and indeed should be done that way as throwing cash at a 12 yr old spells trouble. I dont know how to go about this but perhaps ask "support" for a contact for the author of the article who may have more info ? or perhaps contact the Poo Yai baan for that area ?

I have asked my wife to contact the school director, see if the school are prepared to set up something, if/ when i get more info i will post it here.

My wife herself being a school director might just help.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I have asked my wife to contact the school director, see if the school are prepared to set up something, if/ when i get more info i will post it here.

My wife herself being a school director might just help.

Colin, please be careful how you post info here, suggest contacting "support " for authorisation please.

We cannot have anything about "donating" to anyone as per forum rules.

22) Members are forbidden to ask for or accept donations, gifts or commissions from other members, any charities must contact support for approval before joining to be approved. https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/contact

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Colin, please be careful how you post info here, suggest contacting "support " for authorisation please.

We cannot have anything about "donating" to anyone as per forum rules.

22) Members are forbidden to ask for or accept donations, gifts or commissions from other members, any charities must contact support for approval before joining to be approved. https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/contact

Thanks for that, i was not aware if that requirement.

3 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

if people want to donate contact the school, they seem to know what's going on.. 

Yeah, and the school director buys a new mercedes benz later. 😉

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, snowgard said:

Yeah, and the school director buys a new mercedes benz later. 😉

What a pathetic/ sad comment, my wife is a school director and drives an Isuzu pickup i bought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2019 at 4:41 PM, colinneil said:

What a pathetic/ sad comment, my wife is a school director and drives an Isuzu pickup i bought.

I see that the school has collect over a million baht for this family, nice to see..

• Like 2

Not wishing to dump on you Thaivisa (Nation) but if you were really interested in this, it would be very easy for you to open a bank account in the boys name and administered to by yourselves to ensure money is properly managed and not going astray.

The boy could be given an debit card to collect money from a machine.

The account could receive no more than 1,000baht per week with a maximum single draw down of not more than 500baht twice weekly.

With proper consultation the amount could be raised in order to finance a sitter so the boy can continue with his daily school attendance.

This way the boy will be able to manage his finances as needed, and get educated.

Any extra donations received over and above the foreseeable needs of this family could be used to help other poor families who are sadly forgotten entirely by the uncaring Governments that have stood by and condoned the development of situations such as this.

You will not be setting a president but what you TV will be doing is sending a wake up call to the Government to get it’s act together.

I live in England but if you give out the details I will gladly send a donation to help the well being of this family.

So come on Thaivisa give it a go the corporate credibility alone will live with you forever.

On 6/13/2019 at 4:41 PM, colinneil said:

For sure not. Yust google a little and you will find much much more. For sure not every school director is like this ... but there are much more as only one!!!

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/parents-file-complaint-school-director-alleged-school-lunch-cheat/

https://www.thephuketnews.com/school-director-accused-in-tea-money-scandal-62648.php

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=school+director+under&source=lnt&tbs=ctr:countryTH&cr=countryTH

• Sad 1