Second Extension of Stay for Tourist Visa

The 30 day extension of my 60 day tourist visa (from Vientiane) is ending soon. I need an additional 6 days in Thailand before flying out of the region.

I understand that there are 3 options. 1) overstay and pay; 2) request another extension at Chaeng Wattana; and 3) do a visa run.

1) There is always the danger of being found to be overstaying in those 6 days. How much of a hassle would that be, short term and long term?

2) I have read that requests for second extensions are denied and the applicant is given one week to exit the country. A) Is the refusal stamped in the passport, or is there just a stamp good for a 7 day extension? 

B) Are there any negative longer term effects of doing this? Is a 7 day stamp viewed negatively by officials for later entry into Thailand? I plan to appear again at DMK in a few months looking for a visa waiver 30 day stay with a US passport (and possibly a 30 day extension later). Will there be any trouble related to having a 7 day stamp?

3) I am not interested in a visa run for several reasons.

Thanks for any knowledgeable comments on 1) and 2).

• Like 1

2, You apply for the extension, pay the 1900 baht fee and then will be granted 7 days after it is denied. There is stamp stating the application was denied.

3. No problems from the denial stamp.

• Like 1