Non-O extension renew (Chaengwattana) today

2 minutes ago, Daryle said:

I was also there today. I was surprised how efficient they were, I usually dread the time wasted, but I was out in about 2 hrs. Truly the first time, I can say they seemed to have there systems working.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

TM30 ?

3 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Did you have time to do the multiply entry in the afternoon, or you don't need it?

I wouldn't even bother to do reentry permit even if I was at CW. Take very little time at airport. To each their own I guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trigz said:

G’day ! my 20th time of applying for temporary stay in Thailand for purpose of Retirement.  Here’s the story :

I first swung by the bank at 08.30 for ‘the’ letter which confirms the balance of funds in my account (using the Baht 800,000 method). For those astute enough I originally missed out by a month or two on the former Baht 400,000 requirement). Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose!  Now further loss as an Aussie with the new monetary requirements imposed on me thanks to my Embassy.

I have always maintained bank funds above the Baht 800,000,  rationale being that was the cost of staying in Thailand; I’m glad I did it that way now.

So I clocked in at the immigration counter at 09.20 with the queue ticket showing 55 persons ahead of me. I didn’t exactly check the time but around 11.00 my number came up.

Was there any mention of keeping the money in the bank for the next 3 months and 400K until next extension.  Any mention from the IO on whether they will check at next extension?

6 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Was there any mention of keeping the money in the bank for the next 3 months and 400K until next extension.  Any mention from the IO on whether they will check at next extension?

You must sign that you have been provided statement outlining these new rules and you are provided a copy in Thai and English.  No mention of check (but I was not using account money).  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Yes TM30 receipt or reporting was required today.  He mentioned providing a copy in OP.  I had in Passport and they made a copy and had me sign it during processing.  Indeed it appeared quite organized (and that is saying a lot with all the paperwork required) but expect total time was also effected by many having to visit desk B for TM30 reporting as they had no idea it was required.  Those with all ducks in a row made a quick swim in/out - but many were feeling more than a bit upset from my brief conversations as they had no understanding of what this new requirement was or how to do it. 

Edit:  the bell rang - understand you asking if poster did TM30 during his 2 hour visit.  Getting too long in the tooth I fear.  Sorry.  But from experience previous week 2 hours sounds right as many queue numbers seem to not appear so desk B moves quite fast (and they seem to have 4 full time desks operating).  

I was not quoting OP. I was asking another member re TM30.

28 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You must sign that you have been provided statement outlining these new rules and you are provided a copy in Thai and English.  No mention of check (but I was not using account money).  

That was not posters question. He asked "was there any mention...." to me that's asking if verbally mentioned. 

34 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Which is why I provided the edit.  

Ha...perhaps its me getting too long in tooth. 

I'm out to dinner and read your post to quickly. Thought you were referring to me.

As for TM30....Seems to be lottery. Few being fined. Some having to do tm30 and not being fined. 

Many guys like myself haven't been asked at CW for one over many years. 

I plan to do one via mail before next extension. In another thread member in same boat as me posted he (for first time) did a tm30 via mail a week back. I await to see how he goes.

Not sure why the OP made trip to cw recently before his extension. He still was fined. Let's hope it calms down soon.

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Did you have time to do the multiply entry in the afternoon, or you don't need it?

I didn't bother, half a day is enough to spend there for me but luckily I am located not too far from the immigration office so I will go back later and do it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Ha...perhaps its me getting too long in tooth. 

I'm out to dinner and read your post to quickly. Thought you were referring to me.

As for TM30....Seems to be lottery. Few being fined. Some having to do tm30 and not being fined. 

Many guys like myself haven't been asked at CW for one over many years. 

I plan to do one via mail before next extension. In another thread member in same boat as me posted he (for first time) did a tm30 via mail a week back. I await to see how he goes.

Not sure why the OP made trip to cw recently before his extension. He still was fined. Let's hope it calms down soon.

I decided to do it earlier because I did not want to spend all day at CW.  I don't live too far away from CW so not a big deal for me. Just my choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Nothing verbally mentioned but lopburi3 pointed out  "You must sign that you have been provided statement outlining the new rules and you are provided a copy in Thai and English"  I wasn't provided with a copy to take away.

Question
 Excuse my English a little rough.
 I would like to ask a question because I had no answer in other German-speaking forums.
 I have an extension to stay for a retirement valid 1 year, done with a Non O visa, with Tm7 and re-entry Tm8, expires 20.1.2020.
 Now I'm in Europe for various reasons.  I will return to Thailand on 5.12.19 for a few months.  And I will renew the extension of stay with Tm7.
 Will I have problems checking in with my return ticket on 20.20.2020?  Do I need to purchase an exit ticket before 20.1.2020?
 Thanks and regards Marcel

12 minutes ago, siam55 said:

Will I have problems checking in with my return ticket on 20.20.2020?

You surely mean on 5.12.19 as stated in your previous paragraph, do you not? And from which European airport will you be flying back to Thailand on that date?

8 hours ago, siam55 said:

Question
 Excuse my English a little rough.
 I would like to ask a question because I had no answer in other German-speaking forums.
 I have an extension to stay for a retirement valid 1 year, done with a Non O visa, with Tm7 and re-entry Tm8, expires 20.1.2020.
 Now I'm in Europe for various reasons.  I will return to Thailand on 5.12.19 for a few months.  And I will renew the extension of stay with Tm7.
 Will I have problems checking in with my return ticket on 20.20.2020?  Do I need to purchase an exit ticket before 20.1.2020?
 Thanks and regards Marcel

No, you have a Re-Entry permit which means you will be allowed to re-enter Thailand. The airline are usually concerned only that you will not be allowed to enter. 

9 hours ago, trigz said:

Nothing verbally mentioned but lopburi3 pointed out  "You must sign that you have been provided statement outlining the new rules and you are provided a copy in Thai and English"  I wasn't provided with a copy to take away.

I noticed signature area stated I had been provided a copy but at time had not been and as aware of new law was not concerned (and perhaps an extra copy was on desk that I did not notice) - it was provided when called back to sign extra forms (copies of TM30 paperwork I believe).  With the amount of paperwork they have to shuffle for every application am amazed it works as well as it does.  

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I noticed signature area stated I had been provided a copy but at time had not been and as aware of new law was not concerned (and perhaps an extra copy was on desk that I did not notice) - it was provided when called back to sign extra forms (copies of TM30 paperwork I believe).  With the amount of paperwork they have to shuffle for every application am amazed it works as well as it does.  

Same for me on Tuesday. Signed all the papers with the rules/requirements and thought I was going to get a copy, but now can't find it. Maybe they kept it after all.

Yes it was all very efficient and no TM 30 fine (never done one before).

13 hours ago, Thaidream said:

This is now written in the rule book, so asked for or not doesn't change the rule.

If you go below it and then try to renew the following year the IO will point out you have gone below 400,000 and you are likely to be refused.

Saying the IO last year didn't mention it isn't going to help.

4 minutes ago, berybert said:

This is now written in the rule book, so asked for or not doesn't change the rule.

If you go below it and then try to renew the following year the IO will point out you have gone below 400,000 and you are likely to be refused.

Well I renewed well before March so the new rule was not mentioned or even Chinese whispers then. Nevertheless I will be maintaining the balance for the year, updating my passbook regularly etc just in case I get asked to prove anything next renewal. 

Just now, jacko45k said:

Well I renewed well before March so the new rule was not mentioned or even Chinese whispers then. Nevertheless I will be maintaining the balance for the year, updating my passbook regularly etc just in case I get asked to prove anything next renewal. 

There is the problem. It is up to us as individuals to keep up to date with immigration rules etc. 

And why this forum is such a great help at times.

Some people choose to listen to bar stool hero's and then wonder why they get slung out of the country. 

We are not going to have an IO come to our homes telling us every time a rule is change. Best to check every now and again.

this is the best month to go to CW.  there are no holidays other than june 3rd.  one holiday leads to larger than normal crowds two days before and two days after.

congrats to all who do their renewals this month !!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, berybert said:

The 400k minimum balance only apply for the 800k retirement extension. There is not a similar minimum requirement for the 400k marriage extension, right?

4 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The 400k minimum balance only apply for the 800k retirement extension. There is not a similar minimum requirement for the 400k marriage extension, right?

No you are right.  It only applies to retirement extensions of stay.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, trigz said:

I decided to do it earlier because I did not want to spend all day at CW.  I don't live too far away from CW so not a big deal for me. Just my choice.

In 20 years in Bangkok, nobody ever asked for a TM30 to me. My last extension was on last March. I provided the same stuff, including a copy of the rental contract, the lessor passport and the lessor blue book. Is this maybe the reason why nobody ever made this kind of problem to me? A wisely informed answer would be appreciated. Thank you.