Non-O extension renew (Chaengwattana) today

1 hour ago, Svadhistana said:

In 20 years in Bangkok, nobody ever asked for a TM30 to me. My last extension was on last March. I provided the same stuff, including a copy of the rental contract, the lessor passport and the lessor blue book. Is this maybe the reason why nobody ever made this kind of problem to me? A wisely informed answer would be appreciated. Thank you.

It has never been asked of anyone in Bangkok until this year AFAIK - and especially the last several months from my understanding - I have also been extending here for several decades.  Having the documentation likely helped this year (but none of that was required in previous years).  

• Like 1

Some questions for first extension:

Is it correct that a photo is no longer required to bring with you?

For the passport, which pages need to be copied: front, visa, permission to extend, last entry?

For the passbook, which pages need to be copied (for B800,000 method): front, only the pages going back 2 months?

Can the copies be signed before going to CW, or do you have to sign them in front of a IO at CW?

You have to have photo attached to TM7 - no other photo required.

Believe they will want data page and all pages with entries first time.  They will also want exit card copy.  A map to residence is also required (at least they took by Google printout).  

Used Embassy letter but believe I would copy passbook completely (not that many pages).

All copies and TM7 can be signed ahead of time.  Include telephone number on back of TM7 (I add to address line and that is accepted). 

Currently they seem to be pre check most peoples paperwork and add local forms (called to counter 45 first) and then you are told to wait for number again at a specific counter - you can fill out added paperwork while waiting).   

Edited by lopburi3

On 6/12/2019 at 9:40 PM, trigz said:

I didn't bother, half a day is enough to spend there for me but luckily I am located not too far from the immigration office so I will go back later and do it.

Note that you can make an appointment for the TM8/Re-Entry Permit, supposedly the entire process takes 15 minutes. YMMV.

IExplorer only

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/qrepsonline/online/queue/REPSAction.do?cmd=term

Have seen people using this service while waiting 2+ hours for my MREEP, but I have not. Appointments usually available +2 days, at least that's what I saw when I went through a sample appointment booking.

1 hour ago, 10years said:

So a IO won't take my photo for the TM7 when i go in for my first extension at CW?

Will I need to take a map if I'm staying at a major international hotel on Sukhumvit?

They will take your photo for computer record - you have to attach photo to TM7 as stated on the form.  

You may be asked to draw a map if you do not bring one.  You are staying at a major international hotel as permanent retirement residence?

Edit:  note it is your first extension so perhaps that is why in hotel?  

Edited by lopburi3

i used to stay in an apartment but had to move when it closed. Then i stayed at a hotel and negotiated a monthly rate but it suddenly closed when I was on an overseas trip.

Now I actually live in the US and thought I could make trips to Thailand using visa exemptions, but got initially denied entry the last time I made a side trip from Thailand. I was warned to get a visa since I was "not a tourist."

So I stay at a hotel that is part of an international chain when I'm in Bangkok. i negotiated a special daily rate with them. That way I can check out when I make side trips and return to the US. I plan to use that hotel as my base. Hopefully it won't abruptly go out of business.

• Like 1