Korat Immigration 65,000 month income method for retirement extension

Lefty

Visited Korat Immigration yesterday for info on what is needed from bank for monthly income method. Foreign deposits can be less than 12 months for this 1st year.Mine will be 8 months.Also need bank letter not more than 1 day old.Bank statements showing deposits. That seemed to be it as far as as I was told.

Lefty

Still the grouchy crew with that terrible woman in uniform (actually a cutie) running around and giving all those retirees a hard time?
The whole idea of moving the immigration to Dan Kwian is a joke; the old place in town was acceptably accessible. Now, try to get a cab/tuk tuk which takes you back the 20 kms to town ......

7 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Still the grouchy crew with that terrible woman in uniform (actually a cutie) running around and giving all those retirees a hard time?
The whole idea of moving the immigration to Dan Kwian is a joke; the old place in town was acceptably accessible. Now, try to get a cab/tuk tuk which takes you back the 20 kms to town ......

Are you referring to the young captain. She has been most helpful to me on visa issues.

I did my Retirement Visa extension in Korat last month.
In and out in 10 minutes with a big smile from the officers.
What's the problem?
by the way, the Immigration office is not anymore in Dan Kwian but near to the city.
5 km to the city.

On 6/15/2019 at 12:28 AM, Sydebolle said:

I disagree,I have been doing retirement extensions in Korat since 2009,every time I was treated very well and quickly.

IMO the staff are professional ,the new office is staffed with all females and is very efficient.

Lefty

On 6/15/2019 at 12:28 AM, Sydebolle said:

It must be quite some time since you've been to Imm. Korat. As previous posters have pointed out, they moved back closer to the city (almost a year now IF my memory serves me correctly). Although I'm not old enough to need a retirement visa, any time I've been out to them for other issues, I always found them to be quite friendly, easy to work with and professional. Maybe it's not the imm. officers who are grouchy...

I agree been going to Korat Immigration since they were in the TOT building back in 2008 and have never had a problem. There is a all new girl crew (actually had a young man at the check in table, think he was a student) now and they are all very helpful. I will definitely go a few weeks early when I have to renew next Feb just in case I need additional paperwork from the bank as I will be doing the new 65,000 baht in the bank every month route. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/24/2019 at 10:28 AM, Rdrokit said:

I agree been going to Korat Immigration since they were in the TOT building back in 2008 and have never had a problem. There is a all new girl crew (actually had a young man at the check in table, think he was a student) now and they are all very helpful. I will definitely go a few weeks early when I have to renew next Feb just in case I need additional paperwork from the bank as I will be doing the new 65,000 baht in the bank every month route. 

I just finished my 65,000 retirement extension,from bank had letter showing current balance,around 1oo,ooo baht and bank statements signed showing 7 months deposit. went smooth as silk.

Lefty

Archived