Farang escapes serious punishment for anti-govt song, apologises, removes video

snoop1130

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Perhaps. But be fair, if some foreigner living in any country put their idea of a satirical song taking the piss out of a the county's government on YouTube, it's likely to not go down too well with the population.

Not at all. If someone wants to criticise my country, I have no problem with it at all. Stick it on Youtube. Hell, make a movie for all I care. I grew up witnessing people from my country criticising and mocking my country. Why can't a foreigner do it? I was always taught not to take myself too seriously.

If these foreigners doing it have a point, I'll agree with it. If they don't, I can easily point out their errors or try to counter their points with my own argument. Like a civilsed adult. 

Only people who have something to hide have a fear of criticism or debate. 

18 hours ago, buanmeerugsaa said:

Thais are sadly incredibly insecure. If they feel they have lost face, even to a minuscule extent, they’ll push to have you gaoled. 

Lost a bit of face in the women's world cup.

4 minutes ago, dcnx said:

The difference between him making a song poking fun at the government and all you sods posting daily pokes at the government here is what exactly?

Absolutely nothing and there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing it; unless, of course, the recipients are so thin skinned that they don't like any truth.

2 hours ago, bogozy said:

I never understand why necessary for a foreigner to interfere into the internal affairs of host country.

How is he interfering? It's satire. If I make a joke about Trump, am I interfering with internal US affairs? 

Most Thai people are sensible, have a sense of humor, and can accept something like this for what it is - humor. It’s the thin skinned, pathetic folks in government that can’t handle anything that even has the scent of criticism, especially the corruptly elected general, that can’t handle any kind of satire at their expense. Children at best.

21 hours ago, DavisH said:

What would be grounds for a private prosecution? "It made me feel bad"? "You mocked Thai people"? Really?

I was thinking the same thing. Beat me to it.

Financial damages for hurt feelings. Only in Asia. Law is so arbitrary.

2 hours ago, Pasuwan said:

Should be deported. This is not Europe. If not  happy here. Simply Leave.  

Great. And what would you do with the young people who made the dictatorship song, loved by all youngsters and many others? 

Oh, sorry, my apologies, I get it. They are Thais. 

2 hours ago, Pasuwan said:

Should be deported. This is not Europe. If not  happy here. Simply Leave.  

A ridiculous and pathetic reply. Should be deported? For criticizing Prayuth? The man is a complete incompetent. The army is the worst thing to ever happen to this nation. And we don't have a right to complain, or mock them? This is all about a few generals who have very thin skin. That is all this is. 

I thought this was a Democracy? Isn't that what we were told? Or was that another army lie? A "strongman democracy" perhaps? Like the PI, Cambodia and Burma?

11 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Great. And what would you do with the young people who made the dictatorship song, loved by all youngsters and many others? 

Oh, sorry, my apologies, I get it. They are Thais. 

That song was a reflection of how the Thai people really feel. The army is despised by most. 

Its still funny when I read it. Do you really want to live in Thailand permanently? If you are not at retirement age I would suggest keeping your one foot in your home country as I am not sure where things in Thailand are really going. This was a bit of an over kill. 

On 6/13/2019 at 1:07 PM, Sumarianson said:

Do I take it then, that the Constitution of Thailand does not protect it's citizens nor it's news media, in giving them the protected right to free speech? 

More or less the same ss the UK then! (I refer to Julian Assange' imprisonment.)

Assange broke the law. he failed to surrender to court BEFORE foisting his increasingly irrelevant self on the Colombians.

You'll be claiming Yaxley-Lennon's rights have been similarly trampled on next.

On 6/13/2019 at 3:15 PM, justin case said:

thailand = n-korea with internet

justin case = posting without a clue

Not really smart doing that stuff when you're in the country. He's lucky he has not been deported for good (and it makes no difference if you speak Thai or have lived most of your life in Thailand. He's a Farang (a mere guest in a hosting country) 

Perhaps he should skip the country for a while .... was that the concrete mixer I hear?

Archived