BANGKOK
snoop1130

Farang escapes serious punishment for anti-govt song, apologises, removes video

Did he sing about some generals 300,000,000 fortune, a luxury wristwatch collector and vast amounts of brand new military equipment rolling around?

• Sad 1

As long as a culture is unable to accept criticism and learn from it, the situation will not improve or change for the better. Just remember how the history books of Thailand were falsified.
Thailand is still in the Stone Age. Unfortunately.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

The same Smiley Culture, who the police claim, stabbed himself in the chest during a police raid.

Yes, but as that failed to enhance the topic I didn't bother mentioning it 🙄

Edited by evadgib

Hold on a minute. I am confused. I thought that they said after the election was completed, the nation would progress from a military controlled junta, to a democracy. Was I mistaken? In a democracy, criticism of the government is allowed. It is encouraged. It is the hallmark of the free speech that a democracy affords, right?

So, what gives here? Is the army wrong? Have they over stepped their reach? Is it possible they have not adjusted from the heavy handed total control, to a more reasonable, and even tempered democratic approach? Or is this a sign of things to come? Are we really in a Burma or Cambodia style "strongman democracy"? 

Or, is the issue here a foreigner being bold enough to criticize his hosts (his masters?)?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, madmen said:

Get real how many of us are going to record and sing anti Junta songs?

Hmmm..

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Common sense all round. 

Common sense response by the police for simply asking him to take the video down.

Can you imagine the negative headlines if he had been arrested or even deported. 

Common sense by the guy the for agreeing to remove the video. 

Totally agree .....  could you imagine if he did the same say in Russia or China or Myanmar, he'd probably be in jail by now.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Deport him.

His days in Thailand are surely numbered.A private prosecution will happen and I expect a heavy fine to be paid

• Like 1

One of the problems with this country is, Thai's have no sense of humor.  Sad, Sad, Sad.

We of the peoples democratically elected dictatorship are not amused by this young farangs blatant honesty!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

And if your aunt had balls she’d be your uncle.

what does it matter what would happen to him in any other country.

could you imagine what would happen to him if he did it in UK, Australia, US, he’d probably be......oh.

Why should he be deported, they said he cant be criminally prosecuted so he hasnt committed any crime.

lol .....  well if he doesn't like the way the country is governed then he should move to a more suitable location, he's not Thai he's farang and the government doesn't owe him any favours.

Pathetic!

What a sad place...

• Like 1

Just now, Sonhia said:

Pathetic!

What a sad place...

It's only sad in your eyes. Not sad for most, I can still do what ever I need to do each day, I can still travel without any problem, I can still enjoy living here cheaper than Australia or the UK or US.

He wears his baseball cap backwards.  Indoors.  And he sings about taxes.

That's how you know he's a genius. 😅

• Haha 2