Speaker submits bid to disqualify 30 government MPs

snoop1130

Speaker submits bid to disqualify 30 government MPs

By The Nation

8c6aefd562c517c431a6c21c0a3a1098.jpeg

The Speaker of the House of Representatives Chuan Leekpai on Wednesday submitted a complaint to disqualify 30 MPs submitted by the Future Forward. 

The MPs, mainly from the pro-junta Phalang Pracharat Party, had been accused of holding shares in a media company which is prohibited by the Constitution. If found guilty, the MPs could be disqualified.

Another complaint involving 11 additional MPs would be submitted later on Wednesday after rechecking the MPs’ signatures, Chuan said. 

Future Forward had launched two petitions with the Speaker on June 4 and 6 involving 41 MPs.

The move could be seen as retaliation from Future Forward Party whose leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit had been accused of the same charge. His case is pending in the Constitutional Court and he had been suspended from the Parliament until the lawsuit was settled.

Meanwhile, Phalang Pracharat registrar and MP Vichien Chavalit whose 27 colleagues were among those named in the petition on Wednesday told the press that the party had already prepared to testify with the Constitutional Court on the case. Vichien said it was for the court to decide if the MPs should be suspended. But the party had already done a qualification check on all parliamentary candidates before the election, he added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30370980

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-12

sure they are all from FF what a surprise.... I guess their cheating did give the results they expected thus another round coming so they can make the coalition... surprising is that NONE of the pro-junta Phalang Pracharat Party MP's did anything wrong, they all are angels

7 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

sure they are all from FF what a surprise.... I guess their cheating did give the results they expected thus another round coming so they can make the coalition... surprising is that NONE of the pro-junta Phalang Pracharat Party MP's did anything wrong, they all are angels

Did you read before posting your reply ??

I would suggest you might try it...

9 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

You have misread the article...

Ali baba and the 41 thieves.ive come to the conclusion that thais are not cut out to do politics.voting,corruption,the cream of the crop of dodgy mp's,coup after coup in fact it's the hub of coups.they are not quite on the ball when it comes to democracy and all it entails.countries like Thailand,the Middle East and Africa need a good old dictator to rule with an iron rod and keep the people in check.

i think if you dug deep enough you could find dirt on 99% of these politicians as they've all got their hands dirty climbing the ladder of fortune.

6 minutes ago, JamJar said:

You have misread the article...

Yes, a serious case of misreading that threw me for quite a loop until you and cornishcarlos pointed this out. I went back and read original OP again trying to figure out why I was so confused.

Thanks for clarity.

Nice try but won't lead to much.

The Constitutional Court ' interprets laws to suit those who must be obeyed. They will have no problem finding Thanathorn guilty and the 27 innocent since they are good people and bla bla bla .... feeble excuse time again.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Nice try but won't lead to much.

The Constitutional Court ' interprets laws to suit those who must be obeyed. They will have no problem finding Thanathorn guilty and the 27 innocent since they are good people and bla bla bla .... feeble excuse time again.

I tend to agree. My post was an aspiration rather than an expectation.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The MPs, mainly from the pro-junta Phalang Pracharat Party, had been accused of holding shares in a media company which is prohibited by the Constitution. If found guilty, the MPs could be disqualified.

Karma is sweet.

15 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Did you read before posting your reply ??

I would suggest you might try it...

555 follow your advise and your are correct, thanks for making me look like a foul ????????

Archived