Villagers in Khon Kaen falling for so-called healing plastic card

webfact

Villagers in Khon Kaen falling for so-called healing plastic card

By THE NATION

18c1b693802419e6e7f46904235919e9.jpeg

A villager shows the socalled ‘healing’ card she bought for Bt2,000.

KHON KAEN Provincial Public Health official Peera Areerat has warned people against buying a so-called “plastic healing card” as it has no miraculous healing powers or the ability to soothe aches.

This so-called healing card has proved to be a big hit in Ubol Rattana district’s Ban Saladin, with people willing to pay Bt1,100 to Bt1,500 in exchange for the promise of pain relief. 

Tawee Peer-in, who has been selling these pieces of plastic, swears by their effectiveness. Users are instructed to either tap the card on the painful area or place a glass of water on the card, count to 10 before drinking the water, or to drink the water after dipping the card in it.

701f6cf77eeb13801b3ed68314ea41f8.jpeg

Tawee said this piece of plastic had helped ease his back pain, so he decided to register as a “member” and sell the card himself. However, he declined to provide more details on how the card is marketed. 

Customer Thongsri Wongchaiwat, 66, said she bought the card after doctors failed to cure her backache and remove water from her ear, adding that her condition has improved by 50 per cent since she placed the card on her back. However, she admits that she is still taking the medication prescribed for her condition by the hospital. 

The card has become so popular, that some people from neighbouring villages called on the authorities to check the so-called miraculous healing powers of the plastic and hunt down those involved in the business. 

After learning that villagers are spending good money on these cards, Peera took some for examination and found that this product was not legally registered. 

Initial investigation also revealed that the selling process was like a Ponzi scheme, as the sellers persuade people to register as members and get them to convince others to sign up. 

Peera has called on the authorities to further scrutinise this business. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30370988

thenation_logo.jpg

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

KHON KAEN Provincial Public Health official Peera Areerat has warned people against buying a so-called “plastic healing card” as it has no miraculous healing powers or the ability to soothe aches.

There must be something wrong with the way my mind works. Reading the above makes me wonder why there isn't a similar health warning issued regarding an even larger scam:

"Public Health officials have warned people against believing a so-called “government coalition” as it has no miraculous powers, or the ability or interest to work for the good of the population."

48 minutes ago, webfact said:

Blimey .. who'd have thought that .. 

49 minutes ago, webfact said:

Tawee said this piece of plastic had helped ease his back pain, so he decided to register as a “member” and sell the card himself. 

Well there you go then conclusive proof from a male member .. What more do people want ..

1 minute ago, Justgrazing said:

Well there you go then conclusive proof from a male member .. What more do people want ..

The member said the card details also informed him that 'gullible' had recently been removed from the dictionary.

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

The member said the card details also informed him that 'gullible' had recently been removed from the dictionary.

My mate Dave told me if you are gullible then you are prone to being attacked by gulls .. 

Dictionary .! Someone's having you on .. 

Horrible these scams, parting people from what little money they have.

Anyway 'grazing, tell your mate Dave that he is in fact correct about being attacked by seagulls: aka Flying Rats.

Something you & 'sofa can try as it's early....

Try saying 'Gullible' slowly. It really does sound 'Oranges'.

Enjoy your coffee....

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Initial investigation also revealed that the selling process was like a Ponzi scheme, as the sellers persuade people to register as members and get them to convince others to sign up. 

Maybe Pyramid rather than Ponzi, but either way still a scam.

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Damn. I wish I had thought of that idea!!????????????????????????

5 hours ago, webfact said:

A villager shows the so called ‘healing’ card she bought for Bt2,000.

"with people willing to pay Bt1,100 to Bt1,500 in exchange for the promise of pain relief. "

It's so easy to scam people here........

regards Worgeordie

Just stumbled over this during a bit of research about this topic:
https://www.bukalapak.com/p/mobil-part-dan-aksesoris/produk-perawatan-mobil/cleaner-detailing/1qsik4-jual-kartu-sakti-untuk-bahan-bakar-listrik-kesehatan

Just use Google Translate. Hilarious!

# 1. HOW TO WORK ?
SAKTI CARD is a card with high power electricity that makes it an ANTI RADIATION device.

Electricity has waves and waste occurs through a wire connection in the METER fuse box. The large waves of electricity that are wasted can be controlled by the energy charged to the card.
The SAKTI CARD concept is to help produce vibrational waves through the energy system contained in the card. This energy is strong enough to effectively influence the excess electricity which is a major cause of electricity waste and to convert energy waste (wasted power) into energy use.

GASOLINE is one liquid that has very active atoms which can cause liquid leakage and waste often occurs especially when the tank lid is opened for refueling. Most clearly when the tank cover is opened for refueling, we can hear the wind noise coming up from the gas tank and this is when there is a leak and a big waste. The SAKTI CARD functions to control waste through a wave of energy that has been charged to the card.

# 2. SPECIFICATION
Item Name: SAKTI CARD
Material: Energy Card with Negative Ions, FIR.
Size: 85x54mm, thickness 1 - 1.4 mm.
Ion Energy: 3 thousand - 7 thousand ions.
Usability: Saves electricity & fuel costs.
Used for: Vehicles, Houses, Offices, Factories, Hotels, and so on.
Technology: Germany.
Duration: Can be used for up to 5 years.
Warranty: 3 years.

# 3. HOW TO USE
- To save fuel, attach the SAKTI CARD in the Tank Cover, Fuse Box, Computer Box, Distributor Box, Battery.
- To save electricity, attach to NCB (on the main fuse box) Houses, Factories or Shops.

# 4. BENEFITS
1. New technology & high-tech innovation from Germany - 100% proven efficiency.
2. Anti Radiation - Reduces electromagnetic radiation in the body.
3. Water Resistant & Resistant from high temperatures.
4. Legal security applies and meets established standards.
5. No complicated: no maintenance costs.
6. Extends the life of the engine and electrical equipment.
7. Safe and suitable for use in all types of vehicles (gasoline / diesel / NGV), homes, offices, factories, hotels and so on.
8. Save fuel up to 40%.
9. Provide more power to the vehicle.
10. Recommended by WORLD PEACE GONG COMMUNITY.

8 minutes ago, Rod the Sod said:

Second time in two days I have read about Ponzi schemes that are just not Ponzi schemes. Clearly an in-phrase with very little understanding of what it means

I know Rodney, I know....

It really is quite disgraceful.

Be vigilant!!!

"Never neglect details. When everyone's mind is dulled or distracted the leader must be doubly vigilant."

Colin Powell

:cheesy::w00t:

'German Technology' :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: And they swallowed it - hook, line and sinker!

Jokes aside, the words on the card 'Kartu Sakti' (magic card), 'Kesehatan' (health, well-being) and 'Bahan Bakar' (fuel?) sound like Malay. If it is, perhaps the origin of the card (and scam) is from Indonesia, Malaysia or Thailand's deep south?

I still fail to see why anyone believed Germans would involve themselves with such hocus-pocus :cheesy: 'German Technology'. They should have added 'TUV Approved' to make it more convincing!

I find this somewhat funny along with very sad.  15 plus years ago I witnessed a fraud make up a flour dough and chant as he ‘drew’ worms out of a old woman’s are and cured her ailment, and then preformed the exact same treatment on a mans shoulders and arm and cured a completely different ailment. Of course both paid for this service but had to bring their own flour.

Archived