Villagers in Khon Kaen falling for so-called healing plastic card

webfact

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"with people willing to pay Bt1,100 to Bt1,500 in exchange for the promise of pain relief. "

It's so easy to scam people here........

regards Worgeordie

It sounds the price you might pay for something, but without the word 'pain' in the sentence.

36 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It sounds the price you might pay for something, but without the word 'pain' in the sentence.

I must be slow this morning; took me 30 seconds to appreciate that. :clap2:

Very good.

10/10

6 hours ago, Rawnthai said:

I find this somewhat funny along with very sad.  15 plus years ago I witnessed a fraud make up a flour dough and chant as he ‘drew’ worms out of a old woman’s are and cured her ailment, and then preformed the exact same treatment on a mans shoulders and arm and cured a completely different ailment. Of course both paid for this service but had to bring their own flour.

Old woman's arm?

Really funny they had to bring their own flour!

Nearly thirty years ago I saw a similar scam with a monk exorcising evil spirits from various gullible volunteers.

The monk waffled on, and put his hand over the mouth of one victim and 'pulled out' an egg. Said monk cracked the egg and a bird flew out.

I wanted to clap and applaud the excellent sleight of hand, but was told otherwise.

No wonder 'religion' continues to thrive when the 'believers' are so gullible, especially as it's nothing to even do with buddhism.

Archived