Pro-junta bloc hit by shares storm

webfact

11 minutes ago, neeray said:

Oh, what a tangled web we weave. When first we practise to deceive!

Eligius, I remember as a kid, my father reciting this. It stuck with me. Most apropos here I think.

Thanks old man.

22 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

You are joking....the Constitutional Court appointed by the junta are going to rule against the junta? No an honest mistake by the 43 as anyone can see.

That honest mistake may help Thanathorn in similar case. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Vichien said it was up to the court to decide if the MPs should be suspended, adding that the party had checked every candidate’s qualification before the election. (my italics)

More importantly, as Thanathorn had previously observed, the Election Commission had vetted the qualifications of all MP candidates independently of any party qualification review. That's the EC's responsibility as required by the Constitution.

No doubt the EC would have considered publicly available information as well as any credible "insider" information or government confidential sources (ie., NACC, RTP, NCPO, NLA investigations). As such the EC appears to have diligently reviewed and approved Thanathorn's and other candidates qualifications. In fact the EC did disqualify some candidates and a political party prior to the election date for various reasons.

The issue should therefore be for the Constitution Court:

• Should the EC vetted MP candidate lists made prior to the May 2019 election remain unaltered after the election unless there is new hereto unknown facts that would alter candidate qualifications?

If the Court adversely rules that the EC vetted list of MP candidates (made prior to the election wherein all facts are known or available for access) can be adjusted after the election for new MP disqualifications, new elections should be held for the constituency seats at issue.

• Such a ruling should also hold the EC responsible for failing its constitutional duties to assure an efficient and effective election. It would then be the NLA's responsibility to determine if EC members should face impeachment and removal.

5 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Unless they can find a viable reason to differentiate between the FFP and these, i expect they will just withdraw the charge against Thanathorn so they can drop these ones as well.

They have plenty of other investigations they can throw at him.

And hopefully what's happened in the last few weeks has pushed the FF group and PT to set up the knowledge, resources and credibility to quickly dig deeper if need be into the pro junta parties and their members. I'll be shocked and disappointed if they haven't set this up. 

51 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And hopefully what's happened in the last few weeks has pushed the FF group and PT to set up the knowledge, resources and credibility to quickly dig deeper if need be into the pro junta parties and their members. I'll be shocked and disappointed if they haven't set this up. 

I would be shocked if this comes as a surprise to anyone. All parties must hace known when they went after the FFP that this would happen. Is it the responsibility of the EC to check the eligibilty of MP's?

Just now, smutcakes said:

I would be shocked if this comes as a surprise to anyone. All parties must hace known when they went after the FFP that this would happen. Is it the responsibility of the EC to check the eligibilty of MP's?

The EC can't even check the number of votes needed to win a seat so in Chiang Mai they gave ALL three candidates one! 

75,000 = 1 seat,  25,000 = 1 seat oh and 1,800 = 1 seat too

Archived