Thais face a battle to recover from traumatic 13-0 defeat

webfact

If it had been a boxing match the ref' would have stopped the fight to save Thailand anymore punishment .. 

The U S had to keep the pressure on them .. that is professional sport to have eased off would have shown mental weakness though some of the goal celebrations after the U S pushed the game beyond Thailand were a bit over the top .. 

17 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Agreed.  There was no reason to continue celebrating when one has 10 goals and is winning easily over a team that does not have the skills to match.  

The US was arrogant; disrespectful and showed no class.  

You obviously have never played on a winning side. As for the US flogging them, it could have been anyone.

As for no class, well I rest my case.

The Thai team may bounce back from this or they may go home and sulk, early days.

4 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

If it had been a boxing match the ref' would have stopped the fight to save Thailand anymore punishment .. 

The U S had to keep the pressure on them .. that is professional sport to have eased off would have shown mental weakness though some of the goal celebrations after the U S pushed the game beyond Thailand were a bit over the top .. 

Number of goals are considered in tiebreakers so no, so they really had no choice but to get all the goals they could. 

Saw the game, they were not trained for this. Kick out the coach.

And if you put a tiny goalie in the big goal, all you have to do is kick in the ball high or 

even far out in corners. Goalie had the spirit, but it was not working.

All the ball possessions were lost and not being able to keep it in the group to make something out of it. Lack of training and playing experience.

Thailand needs a good coach and trainer, as this was sad performance.

Team leaders go away and let someone else with more experiences run the team. Get farang coach and trainer. 

Though amazing to see 3-0 in first half and then in second half 10 goals. Probably also mental breakdown in Thai team and not able to revive. Guess they will be going down in Sweden match as well.

23 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

13 to 0 ; doesn't that really cheapen each and every goal your team scored? I think so. There is a difference between defeating and stomping an opponent. Unsportswomanish to me. YMMV

It's not their job to go soft on weak opponents. I would have liked to see 50 goals!

8 hours ago, Ulic said:

Running up the score may perhaps be excused but the over-the-top celebrations on the later goals were disgusting. While the Americans stupidly say it will grow the game and Thailand will come back stronger I have the opposite view. Women's sports events on an international scale are often incredibly weak. Only 8-10 women or teams capable of competing (not winning) and until the competition broadens there is no need to even have a World Cup with more than 8-12 teams or at all. Just look at the Winter Olympics. Many events have 5-7 top quality competitors and the rest are 3rd rate. Not a PC opinion but this score demonstrates my point. 

As a newly formed football/soccer team of 16 year olds our team was entered in a cup competition for 16 - 19 year olds, we drew the youth team of a semi professional outfit, all talented 18/19 year olds - we got hammered 20 - 1 not pleasant, but it did show us where we needed to be

Two years later we made the semi final in the same competition

8 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Agreed.  There was no reason to continue celebrating when one has 10 goals and is winning easily over a team that does not have the skills to match.  

What do expect from a team representing that nation.

16 hours ago, webfact said:

“It was tough for us as several of our players were injured while the US were at full strength. This loss affected the players tremendously.”

A high number of injuries on a team usually indicates that strength conditioning is lacking in the organization, and I think a 13-0 final score confirms that the Thai ladies were severely out-hustled. Skills can be acquired, but if you just can't keep up with the play, they're not going to help much. Get those ladies in shape, coach. 

Too bad for the Thai team and congratulations to the US team. 

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's not their job to go soft on weak opponents. I would have liked to see 50 goals!

Quite so. I mean, that is is why they have goals and keepers and the idea is to get the ball into the back of the net as many times as the teams can.

Now it's come up that people complaining about the USA's team behavior is SEXIST and the question wouldn't even have come up if it was a men's team. Maybe there is something to do that. I think there is on criticizing the going for all the goals which is an unfounded criticism. But maybe I'm naïve but I think the same criticism would have come up on the CELEBRATIONS after so many goals. 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

USA's team behavior is SEXIST and the question wouldn't even have come up if it was a men's team

wouldn't happen in a men's Euro football team, way to professional to act like school kids when the destroy the opposition. Often you can see them slow the game down once its 5-0 in the second half

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

wouldn't happen in a men's Euro football team, way to professional to act like school kids when the destroy the opposition. Often you can see them slow the game down once its 5-0 in the second half

In the WORLD CUP. teams are required to get all possible goals because total goals are used in TIEBREAKERS. 

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

In the WORLD CUP. teams are required to get all possible goals because total goals are used in TIEBREAKERS. 

I said Euro not WORLD CUP in which case no need for poor sportsmanship. Can celebrate until 5-0 but those idiots were low class

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes I know but the news story is about a game in the WORLD CUP. 

Dude, Your the one who threw men into the mix. I know yanks are not huge fans but this is FEMALES only !!

Now since you bought men up then go do some research in the Euro A teams and see if you can see the childish behaviour shown by the americans girls.

1 minute ago, madmen said:

Dude, Your the one who threw men into the mix. I know yanks are not huge fans but this is FEMALES only !!

Now since you bought men up then go do some research in the Euro A teams and see if you can see the childish behaviour shown by the americans girls.

I'm not following you. They had to go for the goals. They didn't have to do the over the top celebrations after five goals or so. 

On 6/13/2019 at 12:52 PM, Thaidream said:

The Thai team did the same thing when beating Cambodia 11 to 0.  So what is the difference.  Maybe the Thais earned the defeat by Karma.  

Aren't the total goals scored used if there is a tie at the end of the series.

As for the US celebrating with each goal is just bad sportsmanship. You never see a Canadian hockey team do that. It is really frowned upon. 

1 minute ago, Beats56 said:

As for the US celebrating with each goal is just bad sportsmanship. You never see a Canadian hockey team do that. It is really frowned upon. 

Yes total goals are used for tiebreakers. 

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes total goals are used for tiebreakers. 

The Thai lasses have another chance on Sunday against Sweden. Let's hope they have analysed the USA match and can pinpoint where they went wrong.

My prediction: Sweden 0 - Thailand 14 (only jesting).

19 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

Which is better?  Throwing octopus on the ice or girls in shorts jumping up and down?  

Archived